British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

After the good news of Georgie coming back in 2017 it's a shame to read that Jake Knight will not be starting the 2017 season. That's a blow for us as all of our dream team plans have included him. However good luck in 2017 and maybe 2018 eh???

After the good news of Georgie coming back in 2017 it's a shame to read that Jake Knight will not be starting the 2017 season. That's a blow for us as all of our dream team plans have included him. However good luck in 2017 and maybe 2018 eh???

Hadn't seen that, do you know why ?

James Shanes is on exactly the same average, would love to see him in the team if Jake isn't available to ride.

Edited by gazzac

How about this if Jake isn't riding,

James Shanes 8.53

Richard Andrews 4.26

Georgie Wood 7.62

Kelsey Dugard 4.28

Ellis Perks 8.25

Tom Brennen 3.00

Luke Harris/Charley Powell.3.95/4.05

Total 39.89 or 39.99

Fairly strong 1/7 with 2 pretty good reserves whoever goes up and down.

Edited by gazzac

Ellis Perks

Kelsey Dugard

Georgie Wood

Ben Hopwood

Dan Greenwood

Tom Brennan

George Hunter

At a decent club hopwoods a real bargain, riding for those scrap sides like stoke are no good to anyone

Can see a lot of teams wanting greenwood and hopwood with there low averages. Dunno why you would want perks back?

why not?

Can see a lot of teams wanting greenwood and hopwood with there low averages. Dunno why you would want perks back?

I have heard this comment a couple of times and perhaps he has let other teams down previously. Certainly for Eastbourne, this year he has been brilliant and I really can fault him. He was a very popular part of the team this season.

Bad news about Jake, I thought he was certain for next year after his comments on the PA System about wanting to still be here in two years time.

How do we replace him?

Dan Greenwood could be a problem he never looked the same after his bad accident 18 months ago Ben Hopwood probably remembers being dropped last year and Richard Andrews comeback from injury with Cradley was something of a disaster.

I would not have them just because their averages are low, it does not mean they will recover their old 'glory' Although I might be persuaded with Ben due to the attention he got from Martin Dugard in 2015 which certainly helped him.

Cannot see any team letting their top guys go so have to look at Morley or Brandford who are a bit high for our balance. Birmingham have to release somebody but I don't fancy Perry round Arlington. That more or less means James Shanes now that Bowen and Thomas have rejoined Kent unless Ayres goes to Cradley and Shanes stays put.

Maybe we have to go with Kyle Hughes again and hope he does not struggle after his bad year of injuries. He certainly looked good in his two races last year before his crash.

Nervous times for the Eagles and Ellis Perks has got to be a must have.

Edited by Hunters

I have heard this comment a couple of times and perhaps he has let other teams down previously. Certainly for Eastbourne, this year he has been brilliant and I really can fault him. He was a very popular part of the team this season.

I have heard he has been trouble elsewhere but if hasn't at Eastbourne he'd definitely be in for me.

Ellis Perks 8.25

Richard Andrews 4.26

Georgie Wood 7.62

Kelsey Dugard 4.28

Mark Baseby 7.73

Charley Powell 4.05

Tom Brennan 3.00

Total 39.19

Or

Kyle Hughes 8.67

Richard Andrews 4.26

Georgie Wood 7.62

Kelsey Dugard 4.28

Ellis Perks 8.25

Any 3.00

Tom Brennan 3.00

Total 39.08

Kyle Hughes 8.67

Charley Powell 4.05

Dan Greenwood 6.82

Ben Hopwood 5.83

Georgie Wood 7.62

Luke Harris 3.95

Tom Brennan 3.00

That would be my Best team personally that I could build, as is very strong and means always having a decent reserve pairing.

Jake Knight has had more breaks than Jimmy White I think.

• Like 1