British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

Kyle Hughes to be announced tomorrow I bet.

Whoops !

:rofl:

Poor signing for Plymouth.

Well, there's hardly a wealth of Heat Leaders out there and beggars can't be choosers. Kyle Hughes would hardly have been better.

Well, there's hardly a wealth of Heat Leaders out there and beggars can't be choosers. Kyle Hughes would hardly have been better.

I think you might well be right about beggars not being choosers although I'd say Hughes is better.

I make no secret of my regard for Plymouth Speedway, its fans and, now, its new promotion.

I can only hope that that team performs better than I think it will.

This is obviously not turning out to be the team the new promotion wanted. Not sure what it is about Plymouth but they have never put together a team that could confidently compete for honours. Is it the location? There are now obviously some question marks about this team which has weakened by having to move Walker into the main body of the team.

I really hope that the riders they have chosen repay the trust that has been put in them, particularly Boxall. There are much stronger teams around so a tough season ahead.

Edited by roguetrader

Two heat leaders who are notorious for their lack of reliability. Doesn't bode well for the Devils as far as I'm concerned.

As I've said previously though Plymouth may get the best out of Boxall if he is riding for fun and enjoying his racing, the same could go for Compton. Both look like big gambles though considering the amount of team building points they take up combined.

Would be very concerned for the Plymouth promotion with the team they're putting out. Compton and Boxall have never been known for their reliability. Hopefully the admission price structure will still get fans through the gate. The location must be incredibly difficult to attract riders at National League level.

Looks like Steve is happy to ride for enjoyment now if he is just going to do NL for Plymouth. Funnily enough we may see the best Boxall we have for a long time with not too much pressure on his shoulders. Shame he never kicked on he could have been a decent EL rider without a doubt if not better.

I enjoy watching Boxall in any mood which is lucky for me as Jamie's Brundle and Birkinshaw don't ride anymore.

How many comebacks has benji compton had.... be lucky to see the season out before he gets bored or whatever and decides to retire again

How can compton have a higher average than hughes, abs awful signing

It is called factual statistics, can't wait to see them race each other

• Like 1