British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Whilst i am not doing cartwheels at the signing there are plenty of worse options available. Andrews was pretty dissapointing the last time he visited Central Park so would definitely need some laps to get dialled in to the place. Hopefully this can be the year he kicks on and proves to be a good signing rather than just one made due to the very ancient history his family has with Len.

Sings for Kings i saw him at Rye last year and i have to say i was very impressed,,I think once he gets dialled in around Kent he will prove to be an excellent signing

• Like 1

He seemed considerably improved once he recovered from his midseason injury. It may not be a signing to set the world alight but Andrews should improve his average a bit.

According to the bumf, young Mr Andrews has a full-time mechanic.

How on earth can a reserve rider in the National League have/need a full-time mechanic?

Do youngsters these days not do their own spannering with a bit of help from dad/mate?

If it was down to me NL riders would have to display a decent level of mechanical competence before being allowed on the track.

If the National Speedway Academy ever sees the light of day, then I'm sure spannering would be in the syllabus.

The signing of Bradley Andrews for Kent Kings is INDEED confirmed.

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.830.1

The signing of Bradley Andrews for Kent Kings MOST DEFINITELY INDEED confirmed.

At the start of last season Andrew looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He improved as the season went on & i was surprised that cradley didn't give him a second season. Next year he needs to improve his fitness, still young & getting taller but looks to be carrying a little puppy fat which could soon be burnt off as he grows up.

Massive shout out to Gill and Mick from CTA Fire Detection, who have pledged to sponsor the Kent king riders this year. They were our title sponsors in the first 2 seasons, whilst a deal was not struck to continue that deal, CTA still Sponsored riders both at and away from central park. But to commit to the entire team is a great jesture, massive respect from me. Well done guys.

• Like 2

Two heat leaders and a further reserve required. Interesting days, weeks, months ahead. Will the number seven berth be an untried lad and if so can he do what Jack did this past season? Hope so. Two trustworthy point scorers home and away needed to fill the middle order then.

Chances of Jamie Couzins returning?

As a number 8 maybe, think he has sorted his van issues, so who knows.

Kents next rider to be unveiled Monday 9th.

• Like 1

As a number 8 maybe, think he has sorted his van issues, so who knows.

Kents next rider to be unveiled Monday 9th.

What time is the next rider announced ?

I think it's 6.30, that's what I suggested to our press officer as it's our start time and lots of people have finished work.

Unfortunately I didn't think it through and I am starting work at 5.30pm so I will have to wait for my 10pm tea break to find out :)

Plenty of time for speculation then. Personally im hoping for Jamie Halder or James Purchase to slot in nicely at reserve.

Plenty of time for speculation then. Personally im hoping for Jamie Halder or James Purchase to slot in nicely at reserve.

Hopwood?

• Like 1