British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Rosen won't average more than 3.5 kid ain't anywhere near ready

Rowe that should say

If he averages 3.5 then he's done very well in my book. If the Kings persist with him he could improve across the year though. If there aren't many options about then going for a youngster like Rowe seems to be a good way to fill the last spot to me rather than to give it to a plodder like Strudwick or Laurence etc.

• Like 1

Actually now that I think about it if Andrews averaged 3.07 Rowe won't average more than that

I agree with you on the young guns but he's a little boy and he's going to line up against some big reserves which will out muscle him every time unless he can hate like doyle

Gate not hate

Although I rate him as a rider and will be one of the best No 1's , the signing of Bowen so early before the points limit was known was always going to lead to this situation with reserves. Will leave Kent weak at the bottom end unless someone surprises us. On that note I've always said set the limit for 2 years if it's a sensible one, and 39 is. If we knew that was the limit for next year would mean you could build once the last green sheets of the season come out and know the make up of the team from word go.

• Like 1

Rowe confirmed on 3.0 , but can't ride till his 15th birthday 9th may

This leaves some questions.

1) Who riders at reserve until 9th May?

2) This signing shows what a poor decision signing Bowen early was.

3) Not saying this KID does not have potential,but chucking him in team so young?

4) Should he not be in the junior League?

5) People are expected to pay good money to see a junior schooling/learning etc.

Cannot see Kings challenging for top 4 with this team.IMHO.

Anders is one of the best youngsters coming through, and yes it could well be a year to early.

However he will still definitely improve on his average, even if only by a little bit.

No doubt Anders is one of the emerging talents and has been on the youth scene for what feels like forever. However from what i recall he has only successfully competed in one amateur dragons meeting with any real credit. Im all for the future of the sport but i do feel some of these kids are being thrown in way too early with a sink or swim mentality.

Yes if they swim its a great find and excellent league experience but if they sink we could find ourselves in the situation with a bunch of disillusioned 15 year olds who are tagged as failing to deliver in the NL.

However good luck to Rowe & even better luck trying to sign a rider to fill in for the early meetings knowing they will be dropped at the start of May.

• Like 1

No doubt Anders is one of the emerging talents and has been on the youth scene for what feels like forever. However from what i recall he has only successfully competed in one amateur dragons meeting with any real credit. Im all for the future of the sport but i do feel some of these kids are being thrown in way too early with a sink or swim mentality.

Yes if they swim its a great find and excellent league experience but if they sink we could find ourselves in the situation with a bunch of disillusioned 15 year olds who are tagged as failing to deliver in the NL.

However good luck to Rowe & even better luck trying to sign a rider to fill in for the early meetings knowing they will be dropped at the start of May.

Well said and the situation at reserve before he can ride is bizarre

Surely the early meetings are used to get the team going/gel.

How can that happen if you use a stand in and then change it ???

Again we have a Mr Silver - my way or no way.

Actually now that I think about it if Andrews averaged 3.07 Rowe won't average more than that

I agree with you on the young guns but he's a little boy and he's going to line up against some big reserves which will out muscle him every time unless he can hate like doyle

Gate not hate

Ever seen Dan Bewley ?

• Like 2

Ever seen Dan Bewley ?

Good point, stood next to him a Buxton last season, if the speedway does not work out, he could become a jockey :D

Well said and the situation at reserve before he can ride is bizarre

Surely the early meetings are used to get the team going/gel.

How can that happen if you use a stand in and then change it ???

Again we have a Mr Silver - my way or no way.

Agree, Tom Brennen had the ideal way into the national league last year (with the exception of his broken collar bone) Kent should be going down a similar route through the season, keeping him on 3points, then nailed on for next year having gained some experience . Either have him at No 8, or bring him in if any injuries, or for the 3 meetings making sure he stays on a 3, or for cup matches and playoffs if they're in them! Only foreseeable problem is finding another 3 pointer to start now. Edited by gazzac

Natural TENT..Not sure you have covered that correctly :rofl:

Yes I have and anders has a % of the natural tent Bewley has

In fairness even i have a % of the natural talent Bewley has....its just prefixed with 0.000

Natural TENT..Not sure you have covered that correctly :rofl:

Hopefully its just the padded shorts worn underneath :o

Agree, Tom Brennen had the ideal way into the national league last year (with the exception of his broken collar bone) Kent should be going down a similar route through the season, keeping him on 3points, then nailed on for next year having gained some experience . Either have him at No 8, or bring him in if any injuries, or for the 3 meetings making sure he stays on a 3, or for cup matches and playoffs if they're in them! Only foreseeable problem is finding another 3 pointer to start now.

Agree that he should be No 8.

He can then be given rides,does not put him under pressure by going straight in the team and it worries me he is so young for the hurly burly of NL Speedway.

And another point.

What if the rider who is used before him does really well,scoring points.

Do you say..... thanks but bye ???? :nono:

• Like 2