British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Willowman

2017 Admission Prices

Good suggestion but seeing as I'm my boss not sure it will achieve the desired result!

:t:

In which case tell the boss he is a bar steward and improve the situation

When i started going to speedway in 1972 the adult price for speedway was 30p.It would seem that speedway has had a few price increases over the years like everything else yet every year on here there is a big fuss about it.Costs rise every year for all businesses(not inc riders wages whos running cost will increase every year) and that rise has to be passed on to the customers if it is to keep going its sadly the way of the world.

Re the attendance problem i at one time supported the aces and for my sins oldham ath but due to costs i had to give one up i chose to stick with the aces it would seem most in my position chose football/another and that in a nut shell explains now why speedway attendences are so low these days.At one time i could go to football,speedway,cinema and have a good few nights down the pub but now i have to choose one and one night in the pub sad times leasure costs so much these days.

When i started going to speedway in 1972 the adult price for speedway was 30p.It would seem that speedway has had a few price increases over the years like everything else yet every year on here there is a big fuss about it.Costs rise every year for all businesses(not inc riders wages whos running cost will increase every year) and that rise has to be passed on to the customers if it is to keep going its sadly the way of the world.

Re the attendance problem i at one time supported the aces and for my sins oldham ath but due to costs i had to give one up i chose to stick with the aces it would seem most in my position chose football/another and that in a nut shell explains now why speedway attendences are so low these days.At one time i could go to football,speedway,cinema and have a good few nights down the pub but now i have to choose one and one night in the pub sad times leasure costs so much these days.

But there comes a point when the customer, perhaps whose income is not rising, says enough is enough.

If entertainment venues continue to increase prices faster than customers' incomes go up, economics would suggest that fewer customers will be inclined to pay this increased price and the revenue received by the venue will decline.

You suggest that riders' wages are going up every year and this increased cost will be passed on to the customer.

But why are riders' wages increasing when most peoples' wages are stagnant?

Gone are the days when an organization could just bung some arbitrary amount on their prices and expect the punter to pay up without question.

:unsure:

There always used to be quite a difference between Adult and Concessions, now they nearly the same, i would imagine Promoters have realised that most of their fan base are concessions, so have increased the prices for OAP's etc to nearly the same as Adults.

Wait till Horton announces his prices this year...!!! He'll probably be the only one to put them up HehHeh. He won't get it that the sport is a drained down shadow of what it used to be. He'll just want biggest penny and won't give a monkeys about the fans. The crappy inserts he put in programs that were months out of date and charged normal price are perfect proof of how his mind works and only changed it after hundreds of complaints.

Speedway should be a £10 sport it's not worth any more.

I would suggest that £10 (DIV3), £11 (DIV2), £12 (DIV1) would be sustainable fixed prices for the three leagues.

If promoters feel that these admission prices would not generate enough income then they should seek out sponsorship and marketing their brand to make up the shortfall.

Looking at Joe Muggins as some kind of soft touch is an easy option that is past it's sell-by date.

:t:

• Like 2

But there comes a point when the customer, perhaps whose income is not rising, says enough is enough.

If entertainment venues continue to increase prices faster than customers' incomes go up, economics would suggest that fewer customers will be inclined to pay this increased price and the revenue received by the venue will decline.

You suggest that riders' wages are going up every year and this increased cost will be passed on to the customer.

But why are riders' wages increasing when most peoples' wages are stagnant?

Gone are the days when an organization could just bung some arbitrary amount on their prices and expect the punter to pay up without question.

:unsure:

Thats the whole point of my post people will want some kind of leasure but now they cant have it all they have to chose one or two and that is why speedway attendances are falling people are choosing another.Also i said in my post increased costs not inc riders wages.The same as my household bills go up every year but my wage does not hence less to spend on leasure.

Look at the state of a lot of clubs most are close to going to the wall i don't think many are making much profit so any price increase will be needed just to keep them up and running.

If we want speedway to survive we will like anything else (if we want it) just have to pay what it costs or like many others just walk away.The truth is speedway in this country is in big trouble full stop the sport has a high running cost but not enougth supporters to cover these costs. Sad days ahead for many clubs i fear.

Just a point i stated as everything goes up every year the riders costs to ride will go up every year so if the riders ride for the same money as last season will they not be riding for a smaller wage this comming season ?.

Speedway should be a £10 sport it's not worth any more.

Promoters would love to charge £10 just like pub landlords would love to charge £1 a pint but the overheads will not let them both speedway clubs and pubs are going to the wall full stop.

Edited by B.V 72

Promoters would love to charge £10 just like pub landlords would love to charge £1 a pint but the overheads will not let them both speedway clubs and pubs are going to the wall full stop.

Pub landlord: "Sorry mate, I don't want to charge a tenner a pint but I can't be bothered to try and get the punters in. I can't be bothered with Facebook or Twitter. I'm not wasting money on making the pub look nice. Oh and sorry for the budget lager, but don't worry, the die hard regulars will foot the bill."

• Like 1

I will make a prediction that Lakeside will be the most expensive club in the NL if they race in it, they were joint top of the most expensive clubs in the Elite League (shocking given the state of the stadium) and when they staged a 3rd tier challenge match a season or two ago they wanted more than the other NL teams wanted at the time for watching National League fixtures.

Certainly hope not as i was planning on making a few visits this season. Kent has crept up to £13 and made me more selective about meetings i attend. Definitely steep enough for NL racing. In context £16 doesn't sound too bad at Somerset for Premiership racing but i will still limit that to a couple of visits per season. Same goes for Rye House, i will make the extra effort as they have assembled a decent side this year but if the price is greatly inflated to reflect my visits will be rather limited.

Swindon is £250 for adults, £195 for Senior citizens & students & £35 for 12-16 year olds.

I will buy one for my 16 year old son but not for me as it won't matter if he misses meetings & mine would.

Don't agree that a student should be that high as they can't afford that sort of money compared to £55 difference between them & a working adult.

• Like 1

It's a little different, promotors could get lots of sponsors to cover costs and keep prices down which would help bring more fans back to the sport.

It's a little different, promotors could get lots of sponsors to cover costs and keep prices down which would help bring more fans back to the sport.

speedway should be paid for totally by sponsorship money , what comes through the turnstiles shouldn't make a difference and before people say there isn't the sponsorship out there thats rubbish , just 1 multi national company could pay speedway's total bill for a season ,there are celebs who offset more tax per year than what speedway costs to run , the sticking point is us , just ask yourself this if you were a boss of a company that had money to blow on sponsorship would you give it to speedway as it is today ? I know I wouldn't and I love the sport ,Just look at the headlines we generated in the last 2 months , we are a financial mess ,

......Had.............Wait till Horton announces his prices this year...!!! He'll probably be the only one to put them up HehHeh. He won't get it that the sport is a drained down shadow of what it used to be.

Surely he wouldn't be that daft? :unsure: