British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Doubling Up Priority 2017

Does anybody know who gets priority if there are fixture clashes for the riders below with question marks?

It was said to have changed this year and is now

1) The parent club if a rider is riding for his own club

2) If not with his parent club then it's the team he rode for the previous year if returning to them (regardless of which league he is an asset of)

3) if he didn't ride for either team in 2016 then the league he is a asset of then takes priority.

COVENTRY

Danny King (Ipswich)

Lewis Kerr (Scunthorpe)

Josh Bates (Sheffield)

Jason Garrity (Coventry)

Lasse Bjerre?

KING'S LYNN

Robert Lambert (King's Lynn)

Lewis Rose (King's Lynn)

LEICESTER

Josh Auty (Scunthorpe)

POOLE

Kyle Newman (Poole)

Jack Holder (Poole)

RYE HOUSE

Ellis Perks?

Robert Bradford?

I didn't realise that Robson hadn't got a CL spot this year.

SOMERSET

Charles Wright (Somerset)

Paul Starke (Somerset)

Josh Grajczonek?

SWINDON

Bradley Wilson Dean?

WOLVERHAMPTON

Sam Masters?

Kyle Howarth (Sheffield)

Max Clegg?

Edited by mdmc82

Why Ipswich for king?

Because we wasn't confirmed as running until recently.

If a rider is a club asset of one of the particular clubs involved , then obviously he rides there , if the rider in question is a club asset of neither club ( i.e. Craig Cook Workington and probably Belle Vue as he's an Edinburgh asset ) then god knows , just have to hope there's not many clashes .

Also if for talking sake Richie Worrall ( Belle Vue asset assuming Belle Vue include him in their septet ) is down to ride for Glasgow against whoever in a scheduled fixture , but Belle Vue reaaranged a fixture for the same night - then the scheduled fixture would take priority .

The fun and games will come if we have a end of season situation where Workington and Belle Vue were the two sides involved in the promotion / relegation play off - which side would Craig Cook ride for in that scenario ? We could conceivably have Craig Cook riding number 1 for Workington and Belle Vue using rider replacement for Craig Cook at number 5 .

• Like 1

I was under the impression King and Kerr were both Kings Lynn assets. . Don't know if that makes any differences.

Surely it depend who signed who first.... and which fixture was arranged first....

Sure is going to be a 'Pigs Ear' to sort out when the said two teams play against each other...... :nono:

I was under the impression King and Kerr were both Kings Lynn assets. . Don't know if that makes any differences.

Surely it depend who signed who first.... and which fixture was arranged first....

Sure is going to be a 'Pigs Ear' to sort out when the said two teams play against each other...... :nono:

Kerr is a kings lynn asset so in the past Coventry would have got priority. However that has changed this year. Because he isn't riding for his parent club, it is then the club he rode for before that has priority.

Coventry usually would have priority over King but the BSPA granted Ipswich priority as Coventry hadn't been able to commit to racing at the time.

Please can somebody provide a link to where it has been confirmed that King is a king's Lynn's asset as I have never seen it anywhere apart from this site where the same people also said King had signed for them

Kerr is a kings lynn asset so in the past Coventry would have got priority. However that has changed this year. Because he isn't riding for his parent club, it is then the club he rode for before that has priority.

Coventry usually would have priority over King but the BSPA granted Ipswich priority as Coventry hadn't been able to commit to racing at the time.

Please can somebody provide a link to where it has been confirmed that King is a king's Lynn's asset as I have never seen it anywhere apart from this site where the same people also said King had signed for them

cant provide a link but Dannys registration was purchased by Kings Lynn last summer.

He told me himself.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

It seems the BSPA have said King wasn't in a team. The fact he has never not been in Bees team suggests they wanted to save them some embarrassment and caved in.

King is a Lynn asset,was told when he was practising at Lynn before the British Final last year.He was practising on a Sunday during an amateur meeting.

I'm sure Neil Watson confirmed it.

If a rider is a club asset of one of the particular clubs involved , then obviously he rides there , if the rider in question is a club asset of neither club ( i.e. Craig Cook Workington and probably Belle Vue as he's an Edinburgh asset ) then god knows , just have to hope there's not many clashes .

Also if for talking sake Richie Worrall ( Belle Vue asset assuming Belle Vue include him in their septet ) is down to ride for Glasgow against whoever in a scheduled fixture , but Belle Vue reaaranged a fixture for the same night - then the scheduled fixture would take priority .

The fun and games will come if we have a end of season situation where Workington and Belle Vue were the two sides involved in the promotion / relegation play off - which side would Craig Cook ride for in that scenario ? We could conceivably have Craig Cook riding number 1 for Workington and Belle Vue using rider replacement for Craig Cook at number 5 .

I still think bespoke specially made 'half n half' Kevlars are the answer..

One half of which Craig would have in Aces colours, the other half in the Comets insignia.*

It would simplify the situation and add great credibility to the competition as his points scored would be added equally to both teams' scores, therefore neither would gain an advantage by having him ride for them..**

* (Obviously I mean in half down the middle rather than the front and back being different, as that may appear to be seen as somewhat ridiculous and lose the contest its much needed kudos)

** (I do realise if he was riding for double points for one of the teams it would be a problem, however if that situation occurs something could just be made up by the ref, or someone else at random, on the night to sort it)...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

The answer to the topic header is ....... it's Speedway in the 21st Century. It'll be all down to who throws their toys out of the pram the hardest.

The answer to the topic header is ....... it's Speedway in the 21st Century. It'll be all down to who throws their toys out of the pram the hardest.

And of course, the furthest!!

I suppose they could sort of "Cup Tie" the riders, and prevent them riding for either club on the night?

Edited by Shale Searcher