British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Wolverhampton Sat 1st April

With just a couple of days until our long awaited first meeting in the big boys league I've a few concerns about Saturday.

Firstly, Wolves have already had a couple of meetings this week and will be sharper.

As far as I know only Rob Branford, Bomber and Scott Nicholls have had any competetive laps, but nothing this past week. Don't think Edward and Davey Watt have had any recently.

With gating being especially important at Rye I can see us being left at the starts.

Personally, I think it was a mistake not to hold a challenge meeting, but with the ongoing situation at the stadium that would've made it difficult.

Secondly, those of us who were at Rye on Wednesday would've been disappointed at the progress on the stadium rebuild. I hope fears aren't realised, but I can see only see a Wolves win.

Edited by Shads

With just a couple of days until our long awaited first meeting in the big boys league I've a few concerns about Saturday.

Firstly, Wolves have already had a couple of meetings this week and will be sharper.

As far as I know only Rob Branford, Bomber and Scott Nicholls have had any competetive laps, but nothing this past week. Don't think Edward and Davey Watt have had any recently.

With gating being especially important at Rye I can see us being left at the starts.

Personally, I think it was a mistake not to hold a challenge meeting, but with the ongoing situation at the stadium that would've made it difficult.

Secondly, those of us who were at Rye on Wednesday would've been disappointed at the progress on the stadium rebuild. I hope fears aren't realised, but I can see only see a Wolves win.

Seriously? I think Rye are a better team than Wolves and should see them off with relative ease on Saturday. Wolves were completely inept last night. I know Rye is a similare size to Monmore but you should have more faith.

If Wolves dont turn up like they didn't at ours Rye will walk all over them..

Think Rye will win on Saturday bit it'll be close. Agree with the disappointment on stadium progress and expect to see a lot of moaning on social media on Saturday evening.

Im bringing two newbies to the Swindon meeting on the 8th abd the state of the stadium is a real concern.

If the riders had a good days practice,i'd see a comfy home win.But 60/40 for me

Edited by Bald Bloke

After Wednesday's woeful performance at Poole, I hope that we can put on a better show. We'll see !

• Like 2

Chance of showers in the afternoon, clearing by the evening

Wolves reserves pair dire again so far. :neutral:

• Like 1

Howarth has really impressed me tonight. Less said about our reserves the better.

• Like 1

Wolves reserves pair dire again so far. :neutral:

Easily one of the worst pairings in the league

Easily one of the worst pairings in the league

'One of'?

Not good enough from Thorssell again. No point him scoring maxes at home if he can't beat opposing no 7's away.

• Like 2