British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Somerset Ela & Somerset V Poole 14/4/17 Good Friday.

It must be a worry for Poole fans that Kaspazak is already showing such a lack of commitment to them and the season has only just started.

Makes you question if he see the season out.

Not lack of commitment at all, don't you know about the Mafia mob called the Polish ruling authority? (the PZM). They take precedence over us mongrels. KK knows that and so do we. Edited by Sniffy

Not b/s at all. SCB have approved the facility and Somerset have no objection either.

Its the same SCB referee this evening as this morning - Craig Ackroyd - so we'll see.

Since when has that ever meant anything? People make they laugh. They slate the BSPA and SCB all the time but when it suits "because they said so" it's perfectly acceptable a reason as to why!

Plenty of Somerset here. Presumably you've seen the queue to get in.

Yes its agood queue with plenty of blue and white caps in it. Good crowd!

I like Gavan and agree it's just mainly some Poole fans who find him annoying because he tells a few 'home truths' against their beloved team.

When I have seen your posts, I usually find them very fair and intellectual.

Unfortunately in my opinion you are off the mark here and maybe here shows dislike for Poole and their posters and I can completely see why, when a couple of them post arrogant post after arrogant post.

But let's not be deluded here. Gavan is no different with his constant mocking and clearly lacks knowledge of the sport when I have had a debate with him and he has to use swear words every time he his list for words.

Him,Starman and a few others need to learn posting etiquette in my opinion.

I have nothing against him, but he is the poster who I have reported the most since I joined this forum over a year ago.

In the same respect there were a good few Somerset this morning.

• Like 1

People critisizing KK and Poole for him not riding are completely wrong.

I have found out that once a fascility has been granted it cannot be altered, as the bspa make sure the rider offered the guest spot is honored. Poole could not bring in KK once a fascility had been granted.

Really? I seem to recall King's Lynn leaving Stuart Robson and Stefan Nielsen well and truly in the sh*t last year cancelling their guest bookings when they had already take time off work/were en route.

That's good then as they never seemed to travel much to the away meetings at Brandon

That's good then as they never seemed to travel much to the away meetings at Brandon

Possibly because Somerset is far superior to that old Brandon track.

Having said that the oak tree arena tonight is a complete dust bowl with billowing clouds of the stuff coming up.

Rain due at around 9 and no rush to push on either.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Possibly because Somerset is far superior to that old Brandon track.

Having said that the oak tree arena tonight is a complete dust bowl with billowing clouds of the stuff coming up.

Rain due at around 9 and no rush to push on either.

Compared to Poole this morning?

• Like 2

Compared to Poole this morning?

Worse. Not so much excuse as its a cool overcast evening. Glad I am not standing on the bends or back straight. If they left it dry because of a threat of rain why are they not pushing on? Bowser now out on track.

If you quote the rule I will believe you- otherwise that is complete bull $hit

It was a couple of years ago. Somerset booked a guest for Morris at Redcar. Swindon was called off and Morris contacted the promotion to say he could ride. Promotion contacted BSPA and were told no as a guest had been booked. I don't know if that's a rule or was just a whim on the night by whoever was on the other end of the phone, but it definitely happened.

• Like 1

Once a fascility has been granted it will not be withdrawn. Would be a nonsense.

Exactly. That would be like removing a facility for a long term injured rider simply because he started racing again overseas...
  • Like 2

It was a couple of years ago. Somerset booked a guest for Morris at Redcar. Swindon was called off and Morris contacted the promotion to say he could ride. Promotion contacted BSPA and were told no as a guest had been booked. I don't know if that's a rule or was just a whim on the night by whoever was on the other end of the phone, but it definitely happened.

That was probably during the days when you had more than 1 D/U for each position- bit of a difference to an international no 1 I would suggest.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Worse. Not so much excuse as its a cool overcast evening. Glad I am not standing on the bends or back straight. If they left it dry because of a threat of rain why are they not pushing on? Bowser now out on track.

Beg to differ Poole was certainly worse couldn't see the track at points. Racing has been top notch though

I have known meetings in the past where a d/u rider was allowed to replace a guest at the last min in a later meeting due to earlier meeting being rained off.