British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Sheffield V Ipswich, 13-4-17 Championship @7-30pm

Unless I've missed it nobody appears to have started a thread up for this one.

It looks like both teams will be at full strength and it should be a keenly contested meeting.

The top ends of both sides look evenly matched to me and I think the deciding factor might be the amount of points the reserves score, with the home side coming out slightly on top.

I do however feel that if the Witches are on their game they are certainly capable of nicking something in the way of league points.

Discuss?

Sheffield's win last week was fairly emphatic... but think Ipswich will be a different proposition. The Tigers should edge it, but will be close, maybe 48-42.

Will be interesting to see how Josh G goes against a proper no.1 on his home circuit

Tigers by 20 ish

Nah, Ipswich are a far better side than Berwick, can see this being close, possibly a last heat decider! Hope so as it keeps it more interesting, pretty boring last week, apart from some decent riding from Todd Kurtz. Having said that his younger brother wasn't bad, but it was tapes up - gone in all his races. No wonder he says it's one of his favourite tracks!

Would be delighted if the Witches can pick up a point.

Expect to go down by 10-14 though.

No Branford on Thursday night.

According to Rye House, they have priority on his services......Great :cry:

I'm sure at the Q&A night pre season they mentioned wrangling over who has priority of his services... why on earth are we still having the argument? Surely this should have been sorted pre-season if it was known to be an issue - maybe a stupid rhetorical question, but how hard can it be to say to the BSPA x club owns him, therefore under your rules the team in that league gets priority, fo you agree? Or am I missing something?

Also, if we had priority on Saturday night, why would Thursday be any different?

• Like 1

Mark Riss replacing Branford for Sheffield. Looks a good replacement to me?

Crikey that's a big bonus for Sheffo.

Last season he won a race there ahead of Berge and Sissis - Chatzone comments = Very accomplished and patient ride from Riss who picked his gap perfectly on the Sheffield pair. He looked steady and comfortable at the front throughout.

Rules must have changed again (or dispensation applies) as I believed riders with an assessed average couldnt take guest bookings.....

But what's the definition of assessed?

He rode 18 matches last season..........

Riss Mark Edinburgh 3.27 (5.00) 18

3.27 18 71 58 3.27

.............. but had that marked up to the minimum 4.00 this season.

But what's the definition of assessed?

He rode 18 matches last season..........

Riss Mark Edinburgh 3.27 (5.00) 18

3.27 18 71 58 3.27

.............. but had that marked up to the minimum 4.00 this season.

true - I will blame my my post on too much sun followed by too much to drink 🌞 🍻
  • Like 1