British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

World Games Pairs 29/7/17

Countries: PL, DK, SE, AU, RU, GB and DE.

A question about the selected countries? Who come they have choosen Germany over USA. PL, DK, SE, AU and GB are the five biggest speedway countries (in m opinion) and Russia will probably have good chance here but why as I said earlier Germany over USA? I would guess that Hancock together with some other americans could get more points then Smolinski and some other german could. And wouldnt including the US be more in the "Olympic Spirit" with more parts of the world represented? Three continents instead of two?

Next door neighbours?Doubt many from the US would travel over to boost the crowd......

A question about the selected countries? Who come they have choosen Germany over USA. PL, DK, SE, AU and GB are the five biggest speedway countries (in m opinion) and Russia will probably have good chance here but why as I said earlier Germany over USA? I would guess that Hancock together with some other americans could get more points then Smolinski and some other german could. And wouldnt including the US be more in the "Olympic Spirit" with more parts of the world represented? Three continents instead of two?

Money.

You would think that they might wish to contrive having the World Champion involved.

But then again it is Hancock.

So not surprising they have dodged that one.

Anyone know who is organising this? The German team posted that FIM selected the nations.

You would think that they might wish to contrive having the World Champion involved.

But then again it is Hancock.

So not surprising they have dodged that one.

Who are there to ride with him for the allmighty US?

Who are there to ride with him for the allmighty US?

Couple of Americans riding in Europe at the moment i think.Ricky Wells and some guy Broc Nicholl(not sure if that is correctly spelt :P )maybe more

the "Olympic Spirit" doesn't embrace cheats probably why they don't want Hancock
  • Like 1

the "Olympic Spirit" doesn't embrace cheats probably why they don't want Hancock

Probably also worried he wouldn't turn up like the SWC race off.
  • Like 5

So Woffinden is happy to ride in a pointless meeting as a GB rider because it suits him on this occasion? If he's included in this meeting then he makes himself available for the World Cup, simple as that.

Hopefully we can see two GB riders who actually want to race for their country included

• Like 1

At the end of the day, it is a glorified intenational best pairs meeting, rather similar to the ones run by One Sport, except this time it involves 'national teams,' rather than 'trade teams.'

It won't matter one bit who represents Great Britain in it as the result will count for little and will be soon forgotten.

At the end of the day, it is a glorified intenational best pairs meeting, rather similar to the ones run by One Sport, except this time it involves 'national teams,' rather than 'trade teams.'

It won't matter one bit who represents Great Britain in it as the result will count for little and will be soon forgotten.

Principal m8!

Principal m8!

I take your point. My personal preference would be to pick two younger riders with limited international experience, as they may gain something from the event and the result in itself will not really matter.

• Like 1