British Speedway Forum

Jason Crump was born here! Is he British too?

There's a pretty good chance he is actually as he qualifies automatically for dual nationality - something Tai doesn't do.

Well documented? Can you show where he stated that once Rosco has gone he would be willing to return?

Heard it straight from the horses mouth at an evening with Tai at the Cleveland Arms in Wolverhampton not long after the fallout and has been discussed on here in other threads

Having been born here, he would have had the option of dual nationality and to represent GB but he rightly chose Australia.

Tai on the other hand was born in Britain and his parents were British so that makes him British. From his time in Australia, he obviously has dual nationality and chose to ride for Britain - I bet he is regretting that decision!

But crump didn't choose Austrailia first when he took out a British license at 16 to get in a team on a low 2pt average and same with tai had Austrailia been weak and team GB strong then tai would of chose Austrailia.

your'e damn right we don't , we want someone who will answer his countries call anytime needed ,not just when there's the likelihood of major media coverage . glad it won't be the embarrassing foulmouthed tramp representing us , I would rather we come last than have British speedway further used to enhance Woffindens earning power , and at the same time make it look as it's already perceived by many ,the domain of Hells angels and scum ,

what a muppet ,hahaha the best laugh Iv'e had in ages reading this crap . who would the general public recognise ,no don't tell me I will piss my pants laughing , ask any member of the public about speedway and you would be more likely hear Barry Briggs or Ole Olsen than Woffinden . absolutely priceless post ,please keep it up but not just yet because mm sides are still hurting from laughing at this one

Just the very fact he elicits such an emotional response from you and others says he would be box office for the team and the event...

Some will want him to win, some will want him to lose...

Either way the Sport gets noticed...

Sky and the Premier League love Man United, why?..

Millions of fans want to watch us win, Millions of ABU's want to see us beat,....

A perfect storm for viewing numbers...

Better to be hated and adored than be ignored....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Heard it straight from the horses mouth at an evening with Tai at the Cleveland Arms in Wolverhampton not long after the fallout and has been discussed on here in other threads

Who is to say any other manager would put up with his arrogant attitude and demands (apart from Peter Adams! ;) )
  • Like 1

Tai the finest rider Britain has produced?. I do not think so. So he has been world champion twice, but what else has he won?. Diddly squat, that's what. I am in agreement with most on this forum that someone who can be arsed to ride for their country with pride should be chosen. It is as simple as that.

While I listen to your comments and I'm English through & through, but me personally can understand Tai turning his back to team GB

And I would not be surprised if Lambert is next one to stick his fingers up to team GB. I hate to say this but I would not blame him one little bit.

Diabolical how OUR authorities treated him in his early days.

Some of the comments on here regarding Tai coming back when Polish & Sweden season was over, so what! But what I will say that the was a BIG gate increase when he came back, that's FACT!

Makes me laugh on here by some posts, BIG majority DONT go to speedway, or very little, BUT they all seem to be experts LOL

• Like 6

While I listen to your comments and I'm English through & through, but me personally can understand Tai turning his back to team GB

And I would not be surprised if Lambert is next one to stick his fingers up to team GB. I hate to say this but I would not blame him one little bit.

Diabolical how OUR authorities treated him in his early days.

Some of the comments on here regarding Tai coming back when Polish & Sweden season was over, so what! But what I will say that the was a BIG gate increase when he came back, that's FACT!

Makes me laugh on here by some posts, BIG majority DONT go to speedway, or very little, BUT they all seem to be experts LOL

There's also Nick Morris, who was refused entry into a competition that would have made him a GB rider. As a result he ended up riding as an Aussie.

But crump didn't choose Austrailia first when he took out a British license at 16 to get in a team on a low 2pt average and same with tai had Austrailia been weak and team GB strong then tai would of chose Austrailia.

Can you explain how Tai qualifies to ride for Australia?

Just the very fact he elicits such an emotional response from you and others says he would be box office for the team and the event...

Some will want him to win, some will want him to lose...

Either way the Sport gets noticed...

Sky and the Premier League love Man United, why?..

Millions of fans want to watch us win, Millions of ABU's want to see us beat,....

A perfect storm for viewing numbers...

Better to be hated and adored than be ignored....

I always try and ignore Man United as often as possible ,

But there's always the odd chance their name will pop up on some completely unrelated forum :wink:

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

Can't pick and choose what events he wants to ride in for GB and can't pick and choose his team mates either. Also the assumption that he would be picked and then asks for things annoys me. They asked if he would ride in it (not picked) which I think is a fair question considering his stance on the SWC. It's all or nothing Tai.

Completely agree 👍🏻

Tai isn't the manager and also can't be bothered with British events usually

There's also Nick Morris, who was refused entry into a competition that would have made him a GB rider. As a result he ended up riding as an Aussie.

Can you explain how Tai qualifies to ride for Australia?

He holds dual nationality and did you Not see how passionately he sung the Aussie anthem yet never the British one ? Edited by robert72

Who is to say any other manager would put up with his arrogant attitude and demands (apart from Peter Adams! ;) )

Rosco asked Tai to put in a word to the BSPA about becoming manager of Team GB and made promises to him about how things would be run more professionally if he were the manager, he talked of setting up training camps etc. Tai took him at his word and put in a word for him and he got the job he wanted but nothing changed. Tai took it upon himself to arrange a training day for the other riders of Team GB but no one else turned up, one rider saying he didn't need to train, all he needed was a faster bike and he would be world champion. There are 2 sides to every story. Some people love him, some people hate him but there are 2 sides to every story.

So he has been world champion twice, but what else has he won?. Diddly squat, that's what.

I can understand, and sympathise with, some of the points made on both sides of the discussion but this is surely a post beyond irony.

• Like 3

Rosco asked Tai to put in a word to the BSPA about becoming manager of Team GB and made promises to him about how things would be run more professionally if he were the manager, he talked of setting up training camps etc. Tai took him at his word and put in a word for him and he got the job he wanted but nothing changed. Tai took it upon himself to arrange a training day for the other riders of Team GB but no one else turned up, one rider saying he didn't need to train, all he needed was a faster bike and he would be world champion. There are 2 sides to every story. Some people love him, some people hate him but there are 2 sides to every story.

Agree with your post, I have spoken to 3 individuals, 2 of them riders, one a father of a rider regarding the team GB at Lynn earlier this year. ALL 3 of them said it was a shambles, Rossiter clueless

They do have training camps.

Wants to ride in the world games on his own track but to pick his partner? Don't think so.

Cook and Lambert should get the nod. Woffinden refuses to ride for TeamGB. So the bspa should not consider him at all.

Spot on ...he's made his bed ,