British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

Peterborough Panthers Vs Sheffield Tigers Sgbc 18/06/17

edinburgh monarchs . one of the best , if not the beast speedway clubs in the uk .

Wrong thread dip####

Okay let's talk speedway. Sounded like your track really held up well earlier.?? And where do you go from here this season? It doesn't look like you can make any more changes, so is it now a case of just enjoying what you have, which is a great race track, and a competitive team for the rest of season?. Looks like Holder is also turning out to be a great rider.

Edited by baldyman

Has all the ingredients for an entertaining 15 heats of speedway. Should be worth the entrance fee for the Harris v Grajczonek encounters alone. Looking forward to this encounter as it is my fathers day treat, (chauffeured there and back, with entrance fee paid), what could be better. Win or lose as long as the Tigers make a fist of it I'll be happy.

Hope you enjoyed it. I suppose some Panthers fans will be disappointed in the result but as a sort of neutral (I did want Peterborough to win) I thought it was a brilliant match and that's all that matters to me. I don't think some of you fans appreciate what a great racing track you have and I wish it was just up the road to me instead of the rubbish Leicester one. Very impressed with the speed the match was run through too ~ all over within an hour and a half and that included the grading and watering. I needed that to renew my love of Speedway after spending an hour the previous evening bored stiff waiting for the sun to go down at Beaumont Park.

Not at 5pm on a hot Sunday it isn't. It'll soon be a one line gating competition.

Racing looked great to me and certainly not a 'one line gating competition.' Really enjoyed it.

• Like 6

Tigers deserved winners today from the off.

Grajczonek was absolute class as per, also feel like Bates and Bjerre are beginning to form a good partnership at 3 & 4.

If Shanes didn't do enough to get a team offer then Bates wants his head wobbling. Sign him up!

Racing looked great to me and certainly not a 'one line gating competition.' Really enjoyed it.

I don't mind saying that I was wrong on this occasion. Credit where it's due, that was a decent racing track without any dust. Not many places would be able to say that after 2 days of 30 degrees and a 5pm start. Very efficiently run as well, apart from guess the line-up in heat 7. How difficult is it to tell the punters (before riders are sitting at the tapes) that it's Bacon and not Hall coming out in this race :rolleyes:

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

I don't mind saying that I was wrong on this occasion. Credit where it's due, that was a decent racing track without any dust. Not many place would be able to say that after 2 days of 30 degrees and a 5pm start. Very efficiently run as well, apart from guess the line-up in heat 7. How difficult is it to tell the punters (before riders are sitting at the tapes) that it's Bacon and not Hall coming out in this race :rolleyes:

That is something which has been happening on a regular basis for far too long especially with heat 15 lineups

• Like 1

That is something which has been happening on a regular basis for far too long especially with heat 15 lineups

Certainly since Darren Fletcher left.

To be fair though, they do get them out pretty sharpish now after heat 14 even if the communication is sometimes lacking.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

By the time Lambo is back it will be too late..thought Hall did O.K

Yes it will be probably be too late, but that's what we've got and we will have to make do with it unfortunately. You actually thought Richard Hall did ok surprises me , 2.0 1 0 says it all he's a 3 pointer for a reason I wasn't impressed by him at all and I don't expect he will maintain that average in away meetings IMO Ged has made a fatal mistake bring him back again , we would have been better off using random 2 pointers from the National league and making sure we used Shanes instead of the opposition as he is a major factor in our 2 home losses. Ulrich Ostergaard has now shown us all enough times that when the opposition is weak he rises to the occasion but when it's tough he's like a shrinking violet which should be taken into consideration when planning 2018 team, Paul Starke needs to wake and smell the coffee before he gets to his third ride. Chris Harris had a couple of good wins and showed plenty of fight but I suspect riding in 3 countries in the last 4 days is taking it toll, Jack Holder was a shining light again rode brilliantly but didn't get the back up he deserves .I suspect another home defeat is on the cards next Sunday when Glasgow are in town.

• Like 1

Tigers deserved winners today from the off.

Grajczonek was absolute class as per, also feel like Bates and Bjerre are beginning to form a good partnership at 3 & 4.

If Shanes didn't do enough to get a team offer then Bates wants his head wobbling. Sign him up!

Everyone has tried to sign Shanes but its the longtrack and grasstrack from stopping him

I would be amazed if there is more money especially in grasstrack.

I would love to see him get a spot because it gives him confidence for Poole. He scores way above his average of 2 points in the championship. Wonder if someone could maybe sign him up now because he has done most of his abroad stuff.

Next year I think he could drop the grasstrack and do 2/3 leagues and longtrack.

had the perfect chance on Friday. Not sure some get the local rivalry thing, or know how to pick their toys back up once having thrown thrown them out the pram.

But this is a 'local rivalry' you are trying to engineer. We don't get it because it's only you two that seem to care about it.
  • Like 2

Once we got called off at Mildenhall, I hot legged it over to the Showground, and was in awe of some of the racing. Great meeting, and hope to return at the earliest opportunity.

• Like 5

Yes it will be probably be too late, but that's what we've got and we will have to make do with it unfortunately. You actually thought Richard Hall did ok surprises me , 2.0 1 0 says it all he's a 3 pointer for a reason I wasn't impressed by him at all and I don't expect he will maintain that average in away meetings IMO Ged has made a fatal mistake bring him back again , we would have been better off using random 2 pointers from the National league and making sure we used Shanes instead of the opposition as he is a major factor in our 2 home losses. Ulrich Ostergaard has now shown us all enough times that when the opposition is weak he rises to the occasion but when it's tough he's like a shrinking violet which should be taken into consideration when planning 2018 team, Paul Starke needs to wake and smell the coffee before he gets to his third ride. Chris Harris had a couple of good wins and showed plenty of fight but I suspect riding in 3 countries in the last 4 days is taking it toll, Jack Holder was a shining light again rode brilliantly but didn't get the back up he deserves .I suspect another home defeat is on the cards next Sunday when Glasgow are in town.

I agree . the moment lambert got injured panthers should have been straight on the phone to shanes or carr to guest at every opportunity , going back to signing hall is not the answer ,the same as signing oystercard year after year is not the answer , as for starke he pointed out it was clutch problems in his 1st 2 rides

• Like 2

A typical sweaty who celebrates other people's losses as a victory of their own because they have never had a victory of their own to celebrate.

correct thread DOUBLE DIP !

Wrong thread dip####

missed this orf ..

Same old people trolling on the same old threads week after week. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good win for Sheffield today, thought at one point we were going to throw it away, but all came good in the end.

I think we are now starting to see who could well be the top who will be contesting the Play Offs at the season end (barring injury crisis), which would be;

Glasgow

Edinburgh

Sheffield

Ipswich

Might be that Workington could sneak in,but my guess is it will be those 4 teams.

Its not good that half way though June and at this stage of the season its clear these are the top four in the league and the rest after the cut off have only the cup or nothing to ride for, the paying public will turn there attention elsewhere and could feel sod this im not returning again british speedway is in such a state now that you have to fear for its future.

• Like 1