British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Workington Ch 22-6-17@7-30pm

Tbf any heat from tonight could be put on...was there a bad heat? Just that 15 was a standout one....

All riders for the Witches did well.

That ride by Kyle in heat 15 to keep the hard charging British Champ behind was superb. Rory wasn't too bad either 😉

• Like 1

Starman the virgin at it again.

Sad old man sells the speedway star , that should tell you all you need to know about the simpleton

The last ** he seen was his mums when he fell out of it

• Like 1

i dont understand how it was a good meeting , the best so far this season ! yet we get battered like a fish int chippy .

so was it really that good racing or was it good because there were a lot of witches riders filling the main scoring positions ?

i dont understand how it was a good meeting , the best so far this season ! yet we get battered like a fish int chippy .

so was it really that good racing or was it good because there were a lot of witches riders filling the main scoring positions ?

Doesn't have to be close for the racing to be good , I've seen some processional 46-44 meetings . Likewise I saw Peterborough batter Coventry 70-20 about 4 years ago and the racing was terrific .

• Like 1

Ht 13 & 15 shows to me that we would be better entertained in the top league at Ipswich, Foxhall seems to be tricky technical track these days that the young lads coming up struggle on, 3 riders of a good level going at it showed how good the racing can be!

Always enjoy watching Craig come and battle it out at Foxhall shame Danny couldn't sit still in ht13 would've been an even better race! Rooboy oozing class and Kyle looking 100% fit and back to his best! Sedgemen I find frustrating though seems a bit of a gating tart!

• Like 1

we have battered most teams at Foxhall this year but none of the other meetings have been like this one.

Well done to the Comets for playing their part despite not getting the points return. They nearly all got in the mix unlike some other oppisition.

• Like 2

I'll even admit that I enjoyed it, kyle was man of the meeting closely followed by the cockchaefer who kept Gary Glitter honest in the front row

• Like 3

It's about being entertained like we were last night..so can I also mention Kevin long for bringing some good banter into the stands, great work Kevin👍👍

• Like 1

Ht 13 & 15 shows to me that we would be better entertained in the top league at Ipswich, Foxhall seems to be tricky technical track these days that the young lads coming up struggle on, 3 riders of a good level going at it showed how good the racing can be!

Valid point, but let's face it, once the Sky deal ends and the clubs cant afford to pay Holder, Lindgren, Doyle and a handful of others, the 2 divisions will be almost the same. But then again, if things are getting so bad at some clubs that JJ has to replace Bridger, then hopefully we'll end up with one division and an expanded National league. But then the riders wont like that due to lack of meetings, I could go on and on and on, but what's the point.

There are not enough riders for one league I'm afraid even if the top boys are lost, speedway will die under the current management structure.

Too much self interest for the here and now not the sport going forward.

There should be one professional league only of about 8-10 clubs max

The rest dropping into an expanded national league with the aim of developing more riders over a 5 year plan, once more riders are available the professional league can then grow until we can sustain a 14-16 team league

Lack of riders means the sport needs more opportunity at the lowest level so more teams at that level creates more opportunity

I struggle to see how the bspa can't see it, with 8-10 teams you could even have a squad system and attract the bigger names to do 10-12 meetings in the UK per season

we have battered most teams at Foxhall this year but none of the other meetings have been like this one.

Well done to the Comets for playing their part despite not getting the points return. They nearly all got in the mix unlike some other oppisition.

really nice to see a home fan giving credit to the away team regardless of who the teams are

• Like 1

really nice to see a home fan giving credit to the away team regardless of who the teams are

Cook Campton Proctor Jorgensen and Sarj all made a genuine pass of a home rider at some point. Williamson got 2 2nds which away from home and in a top5 position is creditable and Shuttleworth was not off the pace.

The Witches were just very very good and determined on the night.

• Like 2

Definate the effort was there from Worky last night problem was they ran into a team that is getting better and better each week at home. .

Two of the best races this season between Cook and Schlein. .

• Like 1

Cook Campton Proctor Jorgensen and Sarj all made a genuine pass of a home rider at some point. Williamson got 2 2nds which away from home and in a top5 position is creditable and Shuttleworth was not off the pace.

The Witches were just very very good and determined on the night.

shuttleworth has always been close enough all season to show this lad has something after all hes about the least experienced rider in this league but never gives up and never totaly of the pace

Definate the effort was there from Worky last night problem was they ran into a team that is getting better and better each week at home. .

Two of the best races this season between Cook and Schlein. .

thats the story of workington speedway seams that all teams that are not too good at home find form or strengthen just in time for workingtons visit