British Speedway Forum
Fred5

Rebels V Lions, Fri 23rd June

What's going on with Garrity? Fit for British Final then missed the trip to Poole. Any idea about tonight?

He wasn't fit for the British Final hence his poor score and pulling out of his last ride.

To be honest, when I first heard that Lions had signed Kyle Newman (5.26), I assumed it was to replace Garrity (6.00)?!

Edited by Skidder1

Not really interested in the quality of the racing then?

Yes but to go regularly I want to support a team, and see visiting teams top riders. It would be different if it was just a fiver to get in, but at the moment not getting what you are paying for. Still watch plenty of speedway but on TV.

Brilliant move by Gary May to sign all seven of the Swindon Riders to ride for Somerset. I assume they will be doubling up or would it be doubling across?

This weeks Star page 17

• Like 1

This could be a 60-30 going by the fast start by the Rebels :o

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Just one solitary heat winner for the Lions ( Lasse Bjerre ) during the whole match says it all - pathetic !

• Like 1

Nothing short of embarrassing tonight. We remain the joke of British Speedway despite all the recent rider changes (just different punch lines). Although not strictly true of tonight's line up, how can a team be at it's weakest when they are supposedly at full strength! This is not as stupid as it may appear since we had some very close away meetings at the start of the season with a heavy guest presence.

Would love to know how 'no pressure Jolly Jim' took this one tonight and hope he apologised (adding a beer wouldn't seem unreasonable) to any Lions fans who made the journey to Somerset. Is there any better example of it can't get any worse?

The end of season relegation battle is going to be interesting I reckon .... Lions v Monarchs / Glasgow or Ipswich .... not sure we would prevail over any of those three teams

Absolutely cracking meeting tonight...Lions may have lost heavily, but the score really doesn't reflect how close the racing was. Lions riders battled really hard and were often all over the Rebels...however when they did make the gate, Lions were less clinical in staying out front.

Some really great races...probably the closest I've seen all four riders together throughout a whole race. It always looked like someone was going to make a move or be overtaken.

The track looked a lot slicker tonight...less watering it seemed. However it has been scorching all week. So got a bit dusty towards the end.

Was impressed by the hard and dogged riding of Adam Ellis...never ever gave up and seemed to find extra drive out of bend 2 on many an occasion.

Speedway was the real winner tonight. Glad I went.

• Like 2

Just one solitary heat winner for the Lions ( Lasse Bjerre ) during the whole match says it all - pathetic !

I thought Nilsson won heat 11. Perhaps I was wrong but I don't think so.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Yes, you are right. Courtesy of the Speedway Updates site. :)

Heat 11: Nilsson,Bjerre,Grajczonek,Allen...59.60. (1-5). 44-23.
Line Up: Grajczonek , Allen , Nilsson , Bjerre
Comments: Rebels duo give Leicester pair a head start out of the tapes and the Lions take adantage of into record a 5-1.

Plenty of dust 4 frames down. Naijer you need your eyes tested..

Thank goodness someone else saw the dust last week, was beginning to think it was me who needed their eyes tested. No where near as bad last week as this week though, you may have been able to see it at Glastonbury Naijer.

• Like 2

Just wondering about this, every Rebels rider last night was paid for at least 9, every rider had at least a paid win and Charles Wright recorded a 12 point max. Is this a first Statto.

Thank goodness someone else saw the dust last week, was beginning to think it was me who needed their eyes tested. No where near as bad last week as this week though, you may have been able to see it at Glastonbury Naijer.

Glastonbury, calls himself a Rebels fan, Maybe got something to you with not having his boatrace on the front of the programme anymore.

I've not been posting on here very long but have been quietly reading from the background, so if Starman says it was dusty at the Kings Lynn meeting then it must have been!!!!! I may need to visit specsavers....

• Like 1