British Speedway Forum
Lukas

Panthers Lodge Protest

When the new BSPA chairman took over , he promised to make the rule book less ambiguous and make the sport simple again . 18 months later here we are arguing over yet another grey area that nobody noticed at the time . Presumably Sheffield would have had to have declared their team a few days in advance , so does nobody at the sport's headquarters look at these things when they come in ?

They do look at these things and they said team was ok to go with.

Why are they crying you ride against who is in front of u.

If the meeting was rerun Sheffield would still win as they are the better team

People could say they cheated by building there team above the points limit

Pboro didnt cheat with the change.

It is a poorly witten/administered regulation but Pboro are not to blame for that.

We all know and understand that protests have to be made within prescribed timescales. The fact remains that it was an incorrect use of the word "potentially" in that sentence.

And it was a snidey pop. You're regularly on Panthers' threads doing it; the inclusion of smileys are your convenient get-out.

feel free to continue to have a pop at my choice of words -I have broad shoulders. Perhaps you could actually add to the debate instead but thats your choice.

I have also clarified my respect for Neils knowledge which is genuine. I have no gripe with Neil (never met him) and no comment has been degrogatory to him personally.

Nowhere have I said Pboro are in the wrong to protest or made any snidey comment regarding it.

• Like 1

Peetabra will try anything to look better and, now everyone else is cheating ;)

maybe they can't see the woods for the trees.

Peetabra will try anything to look better and, now everyone else is cheating ;)

maybe they can't see the woods for the trees.

And just maybe when you have something constructive to say we will listen to your words of wisdom in the meantime do us all a favour and shut up.

• Like 1

Peterboro have had the bspa tucked in their back pocket for a few years now,this being just the latest issue..... appeal upheld, no danger 😮🤔😂

And just maybe when you have something constructive to say we will listen to your words of wisdom in the meantime do us all a favour and shut up.

nope, I can add comments whenever I like, if you don't like them thats fine.

You don't have to listen to them, but clearly you like to read them.

From tge Sheffield Website:

"SHEFFIELD Tigers have been rocked by Jack Parkinson-Blackburn's decision to take a break from racing.

The talented teenager informed the club of his decision in the aftermath of a zero return in the thrilling cup win over Edinburgh.

Club bosses are disappointed with the decision but understand and will now seek a 28-day guest facility to cover for a rider withholding services"

I Really don't see what the problem is because Sheffield were given a 28 day guest facility to cover JPB's absence seems to me it's just Rathbone being a whinging arsehole yet again!

Edited by 1stBendTiger

Sheffield will seek a 28 day guest facility???? So not confirmed then?

• Like 1

Sheffield will seek a 28 day guest facility???? So not confirmed then?

It was confirmed a couple of days later

Peterboro have had the bspa tucked in their back pocket for a few years now,this being just the latest issue..... appeal upheld, no danger

Well after being shat on for many years: 1995 Tractor boys, Jesper B Monberg, events of 2010 etc being prime examples then it's nice to turn that around.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

To clarify, Scunthorpe had a 28-day-facility for both Josh Auty and Josh Bailey. Because Auty wanted to return, Scunny checked whether it was the full 28 days before he could return, and were told he could return after 14 days. But he had stayed retired, the facility would have lasted for 28 days, although Berge would have been signed well within that.

All the best

Rob

To clarify, Scunthorpe had a 28-day-facility for both Josh Auty and Josh Bailey. Because Auty wanted to return, Scunny checked whether it was the full 28 days before he could return, and were told he could return after 14 days. But he had stayed retired, the facility would have lasted for 28 days, although Berge would have been signed well within that.

All the best

Rob

so with JPB not having agreed to return his ban should be 28 days and the facility match that.

If the facility was subsequently reduced/withdrawn then this shouldve been invoked prior to the meeting upon Pboros legitimate protest.

If the protest them was turned down it should then become 'a matter of fact' whether right or wrong

Note - lots of shoulds and of course that nobody so far has confirmed a timeline for any part of the saga which means all comments are effectively p!$$ing in the wind

Panthers v Sheffield was Sunday 18th June

Birmingham Press Release Tuesday June 06, 2017:

BIRMINGHAM Brummies have been informed by the British Speedway Promoters' Association that a period of inactivity has been placed on Jack Parkinson-Blackburn of 14 days.

The issue has been discussed by members of the Management Committee who feel this is the appropriate punishment for Parkinson-Blackburn who is deemed to have withheld his services for SGB Championship side Sheffield on Friday, June 2.

It means the Brummies No.1 is not permitted to ride in Wednesday's home clash against Eastbourne at Perry Barr and will also miss next week's trips to Kent and the Isle of Wight.

The 16-year-old will be available for selection from Friday, June 16 meaning he is in line to return to the Brummies side at home to Lakeside on Wednesday, June 21.

Birmingham Brummies Speedway will be making no further comment on the matter and a full meeting preview ahead of this Wednesday's Travel Plus National League home fixture against Eastbourne will be issued later this evening (Tuesday)

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/_mobile/news.php?extend.2470

Edited by Noodles

Another grey area to our rules. "A period of inactivity" if withholding his services to Sheffield, applies to both leagues. If JPB intends to re-join Sheffield, then his ban will be 14 days, similar to Auty, BUT, if he has NO intention to re-join Sheffield, then the full 28 day ban should apply. This is how I read it but rules & interpretations, what a minefield!

• Like 1

So 14 days for Birmingham as he is looking to return (in line with Auty precedent)

But is obviously hasnt been happy to return to Sheffield so whether that ruling affects/overrides the initial regulatory 28 day facility for them isnt clear or indeed covered in that release (you wouldnt expect Birmingham to)

If the MC were as a result only allowing Sheffield a 14 day facility this shouldve been clear and unequivocally communicated to them.

Subsequently when Pboro protested it shouldve been upheld prior to the meeting as 'a matter of fact' as per the regs.

Until the full details are in open its still all up in the air