British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue V Swindon 14/7/17

Totally agree with both these posts. Last year it was slicker all over and allowed Steve Worrall to win despite being on 15mts. Also, he and Cookie were passing on the inside out of the bends, this year it seems to be on the outside out at the fence far more often. Just looking at the grippy track last Friday made me concerned. Wonder what input the riders have re. track preparation now. Also, these guy need to bring these Polish engines.

Just my opinion and I am far from a track expert.It seems of late that there is a lot more grip on the outside of the track than there used to be and when a rider gets on that fast line there is no catching them.From before the start of the meeting you can see a distinct line where its smooth on the inside and much more cut up on the outside and even more dirt builds up as the meeting goes on and the outside line gets even faster.The whole track used to be prepaired a lot slicker and to me the quality of the racing was a lot better it just seems to create many more racing lines seeing a pass on the inside used to be a regular thing now you don't see it as often.I look back to the world cup last year and the semi final track was very grippy and the racing was bobbins for the final the track was a lot slicker and it created a fantastic meeting with more passes than I can mention.

So for me make the track slicker and we will see better racing and maybe the home team will have more home track advantage by getting to know the passing lines better instead of just chasing a guy on a single fast line with no chance of catching him.

Thanks! That rather confirmed my impression. Hopefully, things will improve soon.

Lol!

I changed my account to try and get away from bullies but they found out.

That was after the ban when you sarcastically took the piss out of zagars haematoma injury and when you got the reaction you were looking for made a sanctimonious comment that we should be more concerned about an injured speedway rider.http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=80156&p=2670548

I've no idea why you want the forum read that again?

Anyway, at least it unwittingly produced another THWACK! as you stood on that comedy rake again, this time with you not only replying to the bullies post (you are one of the bullies though, but enough people have called you out for bullying already so it was obvious I suppose) but then admitting to more bullying justified by what you called a lie.

As usual brum spews the personal insults again.

Brums personal insult count in this thread: 2 (will probably rise)

caught out in yet another lie and banned for abuse and bullying.

carry on the insults. You are just an embarrassment as you have been shown up so many times now.

It's beyond boring as the forum regulars have taken you to task all too often.

A bully will never silence me with personal attacks.

Anyway, sorry to the forum for replying but lies need putting right.

I just looked Steve Greaves average 2.67. Clegg at 2.25 anyway with the nitty gritty part of the season coming up do you think Max might of nicked the extra point here and there.?

If you look at it like that then it's no argument, i see your point. :t:

Unable to back up any of his accusations he just spews even more personal insults.

Brums personal insult count in this thread: 6, 4 in one post!!

Already proven.

You gave some jackanory story of being bullied

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=84675&p=2993123

is that version true???

Or the used to be drop the cog version that you have always stated as being the reason you took offence too and rightly got banned for after consistent personal attacks on me??

alluded to here http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=84675&p=2993834

One is true, one is a lie.

Either way you lied and continue to lie. And well and truly caught out.

Lost count of the personal attacks made in me. Of which YOU rightly got banned for.

No doubt you will continue to try avert the facts.

Edited by stevebrum

Lol!

I didn't allude to it, I spelt it out, I even linked to the thread!

I created the new account to escape the bullying several weeks after your sickening points scoring using two seriously injured riders. I am happy to admit I reacted to your, in the circumstances with ward lying crippled in a hospital bed, frankly depraved post. It is a matter of record, easily verifiable by anyone who cares to check.

Now you've even reverted to your jackanory bullying!

Brums personal insult count in this thread: 7 (could be more, I've lost count) ha ha!

At least steveo isn't missing out, well done, lol!

It is a matter of fact you got banned for your personal attacks and I wasn't. So nothing wrong with my comment (only you took offence, surprise surprise) and i wasn't banned as did nothing wrong.

One was in the wrong....you.

Facts established.

Moving on.

Does anyone know what has happened to Fred Flange?

Seems his last post was on June 21st when he had another of his infamous rants.

Funnily enough, on that same day, the Drop a Cog account was changed to the name of "Fred Flange" and it is that account that has been stinking up the forum since.

Of course, we know multiple accounts are totally against forum rules.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

[getting back on topic]

I find it slightly ironic that people are calling for less shale to improve the racing. Surely more shale on the inside line would provide multiple racing lines. But then, without those old fashioned men with rakes, the inside would quickly become slick.

[getting back on topic]

I find it slightly ironic that people are calling for less shale to improve the racing. Surely more shale on the inside line would provide multiple racing lines. But then, without those old fashioned men with rakes, the inside would quickly become slick.

No because the inside line is shortest way round, if you put more grip there the riders will never move off the inside line and will just lead to fast times and little passing as seen in SWC race off last year.

Track is definitely better slicker bizarrely.

• Like 1

Racing at the NSS seems to be better when it is slicker. However, it still provides good racing as witnessed in the Peter Craven and other meetings this year. My theory, for what it's worth, is that when we had the recent heatwave they were at pains to heavily water the track to prevent dust, which it did but that involved putting more water on the outside. The track can take it because of the excellent drainage but the result is more grip on the outside because it retains more of the moisture.

I also think the change back to the old racing format has had an adverse affect because you get fewer races between riders of similar ability. The bonus is that it should provide genuine averages, if only we knew the formula they are using and the rationale behind it. It baffles me why they think they have to keep these things secret and only adds to the belief that the fans are best ignored.

Edited by Aces51

Also the modern bikes tend to handle better on slicker surfaces do they not?

Does anyone know what has happened to Fred Flange?

Seems his last post was on June 21st when he had another of his infamous rants.

Funnily enough, on that same day, the Drop a Cog account was changed to the name of "Fred Flange" and it is that account that has been stinking up the forum since.

Of course, we know multiple accounts are totally against forum rules.

And no one will be surprised I'm sure either. I can't abide multiple account users. Something very wrong with anyone who feels a need to do this.

No doubt you will mention that I'm supposed to have another Facebook account (yet another lie) however feel free to name it here. I have no issue with it. As 1,000,000% it won't be anything to do with me, or be me or will have been set up fraudulently.

Feel free to name it on here. I'd say you have my permission but I can't wait to link whoever it is into this post.

go ahead.

Lying again, no surprise, lol!

If you read the comments in the thread it clearly wasn't only me who took offence at your attitude to seriously injured speedway riders.

Feel free to mention the ban AGAIN, I posted a link to the details.

As I've said, I reacted to what you think was an acceptable comment about Zagars haematoma injury followed immediately by using a crippled rider to make another point.

What is wrong with you, lol!

Nothing wrong with me. You were the one who got BANNED for personal attacks not me. No doubt you will try and convince us you have good reason for having multiple accounts on here.

Your reaction got you a ban, my comment was deemed acceptable if it's still there.

Carrying a grudge is very childish. What is wrong with you!! :rofl:

Edited by stevebrum

Racing at the NSS seems to be better when it is slicker. However, it still provides good racing as witnessed in the Peter Craven and other meetings this year. My theory, for what it's worth, is that when we had the recent heatwave they were at pains to heavily water the track to prevent dust, which it did but that involved putting more water on the outside. The track can take it because of the excellent drainage but the result is more grip on the outside because it retains more of the moisture.

I also think the change back to the old racing format has had an adverse affect because you get fewer races between riders of similar ability. The bonus is that it should provide genuine averages, if only we knew the formula they are using and the rationale behind it. It baffles me why they think they have to keep these things secret and only adds to the belief that the fans are best ignored.

For this meeting, the watering of the track would have been, in the main, through natural means, as we had a lot of rain all of Thursday and most of Friday morning. Maybe the shale needs to be pulled back from the outside more than once every four races?

Remind me again please why you two can't take this to pm. Honestly you should be embarrassed by what you're posting, would you really carry on like this if you had to actually face those of us who are forced to put up with thread after thread being ruined by your childish spats, somehow I think not.

There really is no excuse for clogging up threads, the pm facility exists just for this purpose, nobody else is the slightest bit interested in who said what about who.

Don't advise me to block your posts, if this were the real world it would be you pair who were kicked out of the room to continue your petty squabbling in private, so why not eh.... You know it makes sense.

• Like 2

For this meeting, the watering of the track would have been, in the main, through natural means, as we had a lot of rain all of Thursday and most of Friday morning. Maybe the shale needs to be pulled back from the outside more than once every four races?

There was a fair amount of rain but when I entered the stadium at about 6.30 the inside of the track looked relatively dry, the water bowser was going round and did so intermittently for the next 30 minutes concentrating mainly on the bends from the mid line almost up to the fence. You could see by the darker colour of the shale that the outside of the bends was much wetter than the inside. I may well be wrong that it is the watering which is contributing to making the outside line much quicker than the inside but it seems to me logical.

The problem with pulling back the shale is that it is only pulled back over the outside racing line. What does seem to help is when the tractors pull it back by weaving accross the track on the bends.

Edited by Aces51

Also the modern bikes tend to handle better on slicker surfaces do they not?

From anecdotal evidence from the riders when the new silencers came in, it would seem they do, to me it looks like they do as well. Although i think the more crucial point is that they don't handle well on inconsistent surfaces (slick and grippy all at once). It must be much easier to maintain a consistent surface through the course of a meeting when its on the slicker side.

It shows some of the arcane views that are still ingrained in plenty of speedway fans that haven't bothered paying attention in the last 10 years. "The racing was rubbish, so the track was too slick, needed more dirt on it", doesn't wash these days. Fact is you can get great racing on slick tracks and grippy tracks in this age. You can also get crap racing on both too. Its the distribution of dirt thats key. as someone said earlier, just dumping a load of dirt on the track just means that the inside is just as fast as the outside, and the shortest way round. So you just end up with a circular drag strip. Slicker inside, dirt out wide in the right proportion is the key. And its got to be consistent.

It's been my major bugbear when we've had meetings on TV from Kings Lynn to be told that the track is top class, will be a great night, all this build up and then we just get 15 heats of riders racing to the first bend then following each other round at blistering pace, hoping they don't hit the inevitable slick then mega grippy patch mid-bend, making the bike lock up / rear /buck up, what ever.

I think the thing that makes the bigger tracks like BV in particular, when on the slicker side, good, is that to be quick on it and remain quick, its not just about hitting the dirt line full throttle and hanging on, its about positioning on the bike, keeping wheels in line, building up the speed. Inevitably that way its harder to defend a position from someone riding a different line a different way. I'm sure thats where BV will find their home advantage too. Anyone can turn up to a massive, wide oval and turn it up to 11 for 4 laps, but not allowing that and home riders knowing how to keep their wheels in line or making the cutbacks or dive-bombs where necessary is where the advance lies, and hopefully the better racing too.

• Like 1