British Speedway Forum

not too keen on you telling me what to do shoveller.even simpler

Then listen to your own advice, if you think it boring stay away!

Well clearly based solely on this season so far Middlo is 'struggling' as the 4th best team manager as we continue to hold onto 4th place - whether we finish there and make it to the play-offs remains to be seen.

So by the same token and using Gav's opinion if Leicester manage to avoid 8th place then Jim Lynch won't be the worst team manager around?!

At the end of the day I'm much more interested in riders' and other team manager's opinions of Middlo - which are in the main extremely positive and completely respectful of what he has achieved and how he's helped to achieve it!!

I'm surprised Gavan hasn't asked his mate Mark Loram for his opinion of Middlo??!!

I would think mark speaks very highly of middlo

What are people's opinion on Jim Lynch? I'd never even heard or seen of him until he was on the tv this year, where has he come from? Is he a good manager? Just struggling with situations?

What are people's opinion on Jim Lynch? I'd never even heard or seen of him until he was on the tv this year, where has he come from? Is he a good manager? Just struggling with situations?

Nice chap can be clueless as a manager.

Never forget Middlo was unavailable and he was in charge of Poole at Coventry for a K O Cup second leg several years ago. We had won the first leg by 22 points. In the second leg We lost Bjarne at about heat 7 to a broken wrist. Lynch made no changes and we lost the meeting by 24 points with three 5-1s in the last three heats. Complete, utter, inept managing.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Cant agree with that his record speaks for itself to be honest, ok he has his critics on here but i have said before this forum means nothing.The speedway people i know have total respect for him i certainly have met him once in the eighties a really nice bloke a proper speedway person he has very good man management skills ok he has made mistakes in the press (ect) but who hasn't.

Yes his record speaks for itself, at the club that has had the best backing and an astute promoter.

I think the vast majority of the managers could have managed Poole during those times.

If anyone cares to read the thread then they will see ive said Middlo is a good manager.............just there are certainly better ones.

Well clearly based solely on this season so far Middlo is 'struggling' as the 4th best team manager as we continue to hold onto 4th place - whether we finish there and make it to the play-offs remains to be seen.

So by the same token and using Gav's opinion if Leicester manage to avoid 8th place then Jim Lynch won't be the worst team manager around?!

At the end of the day I'm much more interested in riders' and other team manager's opinions of Middlo - which are in the main extremely positive and completely respectful of what he has achieved and how he's helped to achieve it!!

I'm surprised Gavan hasn't asked his mate Mark Loram for his opinion of Middlo??!!

Jim Lynch is an awful team manager but its about opinion, i dont rate Mark Lemon that much to be honest.

Given the resources that Middlo has had over the years im pretty sure that Rosco and Adams would have done the same. Garry May probably as well.

Do i think Middlo is as good as Rosco or Adams? No

Is he better than most of the rest well yes.

And post after post from Gavan trolling the Poole threads on a one man crusade, this time to slag off Middlo, who most Pirate fans are more than happy with.

If Gavan was a Poole fan and he was unhappy with Middlo it would have some credence, but as he is just doing his usual slag off anything Poole, (dressed up as pretend debate) it is meaningless.

• Like 2

Never forget Middlo was unavailable and he was in charge of Poole at Coventry for a K O Cup second leg several years ago. We had won the first leg by 22 points. In the second leg We lost Bjarne at about heat 7 to a broken wrist. Lynch made no changes and we lost the meeting by 24 points with three 5-1s in the last three heats. Complete, utter, inept managing.

I thought he must have been new to managing this year, although I never pay attention to the managers at all...

Yes his record speaks for itself, at the club that has had the best backing and an astute promoter.

I think the vast majority of the managers could have managed Poole during those times.

If anyone cares to read the thread then they will see ive said Middlo is a good manager.............just there are certainly better ones.

Jim Lynch is an awful team manager but its about opinion, i dont rate Mark Lemon that much to be honest.

Given the resources that Middlo has had over the years im pretty sure that Rosco and Adams would have done the same. Garry May probably as well.

Adams??? (Edit: Peter Adams, I'm not having a good day when it comes to names... -_-) Wolverhampton are SUPPOSED to be my favourite PL team as well xD

Edited by Dandelion

Rosco ok i have disagreed with him on occasions but i have total faith in him ie) his main asset is that he loves Swindon and the Swindon public recognize that just like Middlo loves Poole.Adams he is a LEGEND been great over a long period and people forget he has a great record when helping individual riders all those three named as Managers are all top class.Adams for me is there with the likes of Oliver Belle Vue ( he died to young and would of brought more success to the Aces.
  • Like 1

Think there was more going on behind the scenes in that match than just poor team managing....

Think there was more going on behind the scenes in that match than just poor team managing....

What did you hear?

And post after post from Gavan trolling the Poole threads on a one man crusade, this time to slag off Middlo, who most Pirate fans are more than happy with.

If Gavan was a Poole fan and he was unhappy with Middlo it would have some credence, but as he is just doing his usual slag off anything Poole, (dressed up as pretend debate) it is meaningless.

Suggest you read my posts properly dear boy!

1. Said Middlo was a good manager..............can you read that a GOOD manager

2. Not as good as Rosco or Adams.......................can you read that.............its called opinion

Now bless your heart im sure you have more trolling to do re Tai on other threads

I would think mark speaks very highly of middlo

Hang on, have a word with Gavan, perhaps he'l phone him.

Hang on, have a word with Gavan, perhaps he'l phone him.

Surely you know everything going on with your club, surely you can get to Mark direct???

As far as im aware Mark got on ok with Middlo...............other people at Poole not so much

I have no idea why the topic of what the riders think of him has anything to do with it.

Im stating my opinion and that is that other managers are better.

If Poole dont win the league in the next few years then maybe its his time to stand down............or he could end up like an Arsene Wenger figure

Surely you know everything going on with your club, surely you can get to Mark direct???

As far as im aware Mark got on ok with Middlo...............other people at Poole not so much

I have no idea why the topic of what the riders think of him has anything to do with it.

If Poole dont win the league in the next few years then maybe its his time to stand down............or he could end up like an Arsene Wenger figure

Im sure we will.. ;)

Wenger ent done to bad has he.?? won 15

????? trophies in 21 years and help build the Emirates in the meantime be careful what you wish for is the old saying.

• Like 1