British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

That's the problem though.

Club's cannot afford to reduce costs.........Some teams struggle financially as it is.

BT's contract is no good so clubs have had to make cutbacks.....Like Poole for example with the race suits.

Perhaps if more fans attend that would help......surely you can spare £17 a week.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Club's cannot afford to reduce costs.........Some teams struggle financially as it is.

BT's contract is no good so clubs have had to make cutbacks.....Like Poole for example with the race suits.

Is the poor bt contract better than no contract?

2 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

So we maintain the product as it is ??

How long can British Speedway continue in its current format before some teams say enough. Clubs like Rye I can see dropping out of Prem if it continues as is and if the Poole lack of finance continues then can Matt continue in the current format. No money for Kevlars this year. For sure highly unlikely a fairy godmother will appear next year with mega sponsorship. Thousands being lost in revenue for rained off meetings and all the costs flying these guys in and out.

Maybe one big league is the answer with more use of these youngsters in N/L where for sure wont cost as much as a lot of these so called top foreign riders who perform in and out so inconsistently. By foreign I mean those not resident here who cost fortunes to bring over. Especially with our climate from March through to end May.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Perhaps if more fans attend that would help......surely you can spare £17 a week.

£18. Keep digging those holes mate...

Edited by Starman2006

Just now, hyabb17 said:

Even though you're trolling I will respond with a constructive post. £17 isn't going to change anything overall.

This post is about British Speedway only.

First off let's look at the ticket pricing for a BT Sport meeting.

You cannot charge those prices and expect a big turn out for a TV meeting.

At the same time you cannot lower ticket prices because finances aren't good as it is.

Lose lose situation.

How do we make British Speedway a better product.........You can't simple as that.

1 big league doesn't work.......Not enough riders to go round.....Finances also an issue for some Championship clubs. Look at some of the team line-ups in the Championship this season.

It would also weaken the product even further because the racing would be a poor watch because teams will be uneven which would result in a lot of one sided meetings.

How are promoters going to bring in a bigger crowd........You cant.

The average age of a Speedway fan in Britain is around about 50 because Speedway is an old sport.

The older generation aren't being replaced by new fans because again it's an old sport that's on it's last knocking's in this country and the younger generation aren't interested in it. Which is a shame. 

You need crowd pullers in teams however clubs cannot afford crowd pullers due to finances like I said earlier.

So unless clubs can pull a lot of money out of thin air and all of a sudden hundreds of new fans appear out of nowhere up and down the country. Then Speedway will not change in this country.

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is the poor bt contract better than no contract?

I don't know but it's not a good contract according to some and promoters have lost out on the money side of things. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Even though you're trolling I will respond with a constructive post. £17 isn't going to change anything overall.

At the same time you cannot lower ticket prices because finances aren't good as it is.

Lose lose situation.

How do we make British Speedway a better product.........You can't simple as that.

1 big league doesn't work.......Not enough riders to go round.....Finances also an issue for some Championship clubs. Look at some of the team line-ups in the Championship this season.

It would also weaken the product even further because the racing would be a poor watch because teams will be uneven which would result in a lot of one sided meetings.

The average age of a Speedway fan in Britain is around about 50 because Speedway is an old sport.

The older generation aren't being replaced by new fans because again it's an old sport that's on it's last knocking's in this country and the younger generation aren't interested in it. Which is a shame. 

You need crowd pullers in teams however clubs cannot afford crowd pullers due to finances like I said earlier.

So unless clubs can pull a lot of money out of thin air and all of a sudden hundreds of new fans appear out of nowhere up and down the country. Then Speedway will not change in this country.

So not very constructive then.....

• Like 1

Just now, TesarRacing said:

So not very constructive then.....

Was trying to be. I have to be honest about the product at the same time.

Year after year clubs have question marks about running the following year. 

BV - 3 riders double up

KL - 4 riders double up

Leicester - 4 riders double up

Poole - 2 riders double up

Rye - 4 riders double up

Somerset - 4 riders double up

Swindon - 4 riders double up

Wolves - 4 riders double up.

29-27

Just over half of the riders in this league double up so one big league is a no go.

21 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Matt wouldn't want any of those anyway.

Only way any of those would get a team spot at Poole is if British Speedway bosses forced Matt Ford into using one of them.

Why was Jenkins at the celebration meeting then? Kemp i think is destined for Ipswich as a Brit would you trust the Poole promotion to give you a prolonged run? A great example are Ipswich they are going to stick with Mountain/Hume as they should because both of those men will be good riders in the future hopefully Ipswich will reap the long term benefits  of that.

Edited by Sidney the robin

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

And who was it who brought Holder to the UK ? Poole and let IOW use him until he was EL ready.

But Holder had been long talked about as a talent just happened that Poole signed him.A bit like now in Aussie List, Gilmore ,Brown are all  talked about as the next generation coming through whoever signs them are those who give them the best deal.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

£18. Keep digging those holes mate...

I pay £17 at Swindon, didn't realise Poole was £18. I'm unsure why you've decided to be an arse to me, haven't done so to you or been rude, I'll put it down to a bad day.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Lose lose situation.

It was more banter than trolling.

I actually agree with what you've said above. All I was getting at when I said about ''a spare £17'' was that if more people did go rather than sat at home it all helps. For example, last season Swindon charged £5 for one of our TV meeting's which they made a loss....they took the gamble in a hope that a few more would come to the following meeting which I believe worked having spoken to a club official. The same people kept coming back since so there are ways & means in upping crowds. It all about risk vs reward mind.

Edited by hyabb17

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I would get Anders Thomsen and Kacper gomolski  to replace Josh and Szczpaniak.

I think Thomson is a very good shout very classy, young Lyager to could be an option i don't know if he is quite ready yet but he has talent i thought Scunny would of got him back to replace  Nielsen.