British Speedway Forum

I think he should come in on his Coventry average... That's what he got in this country, that's what he should keep, as pointed out on this thread, Poland and UK tracks are A LOT different to each other

• Like 1

Should be 4 and a bit. That's his average from when he rode for Coventry. Same as Swindon used for Musiliak.

Last GSA was 4.65 and rightly so he should keep his last British average.

He is young and still does not have a proven track record on UK tracks other than 4.65.

Why is it that when it is Poole it is always points manipulation but with any other club its acceptable. Like Musiliak or Jonasson or even the great Kazparsak riding at reserve due to the ridiculous false average he obtained with his woeful efforts for Poole....

I repeat again that any other promoter who could be bothered to take the time could have signed the guy at 4.65 for next year (or at least tried). Had they trawled through the Polish stats which even I can do, then it was obvious he is a rising talent who has come thru the Nice PL - a few matches in Swedish 2nd Div plus a one season tester when only 19 at Coventry where he got some valuable experience.

He is improving and is riding Polish Extral for Rybnik as one of 2 juniors in each PEL team. Meaning he has had chance to beat both other juniors and World Class seniors. Helping him to 14th in PEL averages.

But just look at his score in the Pairs last night 12 plus 1 from 6 rides and in one race he beat Zmarzlick and Pawlicki.

He deserves a chance and at 4.65 and subject to no curved balls by BSPA or SCB he is hopefully a good signing on a good average for team building in 2018.

I hope he joins both Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder in an exciting 3 of the best young riders around.

Personally I would like to see both Shanes (if he will also ride for another club in Champ to get more experience) and maybe Newman for 2016 if the rules are that the club has to have 2 Brits.

That would hopefully still leave a shovel load of points for 2 top riders.

Plenty to ponder on even though we a re only just entering the third week of August.

Should be 4 and a bit. That's his average from when he rode for Coventry. Same as Swindon used for Musiliak.

Using an old average is ludicrous though.

Not as ludicrous as Musielak, who should have been on a 6+.

But surely at some point the bspa must bring on a sensible policy. Or...maybe not

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

Using an old average is ludicrous though.

Not as ludicrous as Musielak, who should have been on a 6+.

But surely at some point the bspa must bring on a sensible policy. Or...maybe not

It's not exactly an old average though... It was only last year, Musielak's average was older... Thomas H Jonasson's was a lot older... I think it's right to bring him in on his 'old' average...

• Like 1

Surely it has to be right and realistic to bring in riders on a current average, that is fair. Any rider currently riding in the UK has an average and a proper conversion rate between the leagues can be calculated. Any rider not riding in the UK can use his current average in Sweden, Poland of Denmark multiplied by a realistic conversion rate which can easily be calculated.

That way we have a system which is fair and transparent, no assessed averages, no using anything but current averages. That works not only for riders who have improved since they last rode in the UK but also those who have suffered a loss of form.

Decent enough signing on that average but he has loads to prove.

Lots of Poles dont bring their form to the UK for some reasons and Woryna will do well to average 6 in my opinion.

One race last night doesnt make him a world beater, all well and good saying he beat Zmarzlik but he also got beat by Lebedevs (who will make the gp's long before Woryna) Jablonski and Madsen.

Good little rider on a decent average but Poole need to go out and get a big hitting number one

It's not exactly an old average though... It was only last year, Musielak's average was older... Thomas H Jonasson's was a lot older... I think it's right to bring him in on his 'old' average...

I agree.

Also in my opinion IF the BSPA want to change the rules on riders old EL averages from years gone by then serve a clear seasons notice on what the new rules would be.

It should not be unusual for a forward thinking promoter to already be planning his team for the following year in say July/Aug of the current season.

If the ground rules are clear then at the BSPA meeting in Nov it should be made clear that any riders coming in on old av for the season 2019 would have either a multiplier or that riders Polish/Swedish av applied.

I don't think anyone objects to progress but it should be done in a professional manner so all promoters know what the rules will be with a clear seasons notice.

So does this signing signify that the Poles will not impose their 'one league only' or '2 leagues only' rules?

So does this signing signify that the Poles will not impose their 'one league only' or '2 leagues only' rules?

Who knows as they seem to do what they want to do.

It might depend on which Polish teams are in the Extraleague next season??!!

Decent enough signing on that average but he has loads to prove.

Lots of Poles dont bring their form to the UK for some reasons and Woryna will do well to average 6 in my opinion.

One race last night doesnt make him a world beater, all well and good saying he beat Zmarzlik but he also got beat by Lebedevs (who will make the gp's long before Woryna) Jablonski and Madsen.

Good little rider on a decent average but Poole need to go out and get a big hitting number one

I partly agree Gavan.

I think he will have good/bad and av nights just as riders such as Magic did when first they came over. Not many can be instant hits as it takes time plus they need to mature and adapt. Yes he got beat by riders as mentioned but lets be honest he has beat lots of the top riders in PEL if you go thru the statistics on http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/fogo-unia-leszno&prev=search

In fact he has climbed to 11 in PEL av this week out of the 55 riders who have had multiple PEL meetings this season. He is above many WW class riders. That up from number 39 last year from only 12 matches.

He isn't quite 21 yet so a good 2 years younger than Lebedev.

I agree they need a big hitting number one and I don't mean Chris Holder.

This is my idea of a 1 to 7 for 2018 if theBSPA maintain 42 points av for 2018. Just my opinion.

Magic/Chris Holder/B.Kurtz/J.Holder/Kacper Woryna/Kyle Newman/J.Shanes

Believe it or not on current BSPA av about to kick in on 21/8 it just scrapes in by 0.25 of a point. Also on basis of Magics 2015 closing av. Plus includes 2 Brits.

Now of course much of that would depend on some many variables like would Magic want to come back. He indicated a while ago not happy with Swedish Sponsorship and preferred UK. What will happen on the 4 current riders riding av between now and end of season.

Now that line up would attract most Speedway supporters whether it be league winners or not.

Opinion of course and just hope Matt Ford not wincing at what he may already have planned out if its same/similar.

Who knows as they seem to do what they want to do.

Don't think it is just 2 leagues. Think its 3 leagues.

For example Shamek Pawlicki is riding Polish EL - Swedish Premier and Danish Premier as well as countless other comps like European Grand Prix - Best pairs - World Team Champs plus all the Polish individual meetings.

Don't think it is just 2 leagues. Think its 3 leagues.

For example Shamek Pawlicki is riding Polish EL - Swedish Premier and Danish Premier as well as countless other comps like European Grand Prix - Best pairs - World Team Champs plus all the Polish individual meetings.

It's 2 leagues in addition to the Polish Extraliga this year. The original plan was to reduce this to 1 other league from 2018. I've not seen whether this has been confirmed yet.

I agree.

Also in my opinion IF the BSPA want to change the rules on riders old EL averages from years gone by then serve a clear seasons notice on what the new rules would be.

It should not be unusual for a forward thinking promoter to already be planning his team for the following year in say July/Aug of the current season.

If the ground rules are clear then at the BSPA meeting in Nov it should be made clear that any riders coming in on old av for the season 2019 would have either a multiplier or that riders Polish/Swedish av applied.

I don't think anyone objects to progress but it should be done in a professional manner so all promoters know what the rules will be with a clear seasons notice.

I agree and any forward thinking promoter should be applauded for moves such as this.

The rules were changed on the eve of the new season to prevent a Jason Lyons/ Ricky Ashworth reserve partnership. I've still got the video from the Poole fans night where Terry Russell and Matt Ford were laughing about it. They said Ian Thomas should know the rulesbook, the joke being he knew it inside out its just the change the hadn't been announced.

I have no doubt that he will come in on a four point something average as I have no doubt had The Aces tried he would be much much higher.

That's the only issue I have with it all.

I agree and any forward thinking promoter should be applauded for moves such as this.

The rules were changed on the eve of the new season to prevent a Jason Lyons/ Ricky Ashworth reserve partnership. I've still got the video from the Poole fans night where Terry Russell and Matt Ford were laughing about it. They said Ian Thomas should know the rulesbook, the joke being he knew it inside out its just the change the hadn't been announced.

I have no doubt that he will come in on a four point something average as I have no doubt had The Aces tried he would be much much higher.

That's the only issue I have with it all.

I read a post not long ago that said that the BSPA plans for the flwg season would be known by promoters well in advance (i.e Aug) of the Nov annual meet so they have plenty of time to study/chew over comment on etc.

Maybe I am wrong but if that is the case then MAYBE forward thinking promoters already have a handle on what may be happening next year subject to them all subsequently agreeing (or not) of course. Hence maybe the curve ball comment from Matt Ford in his announcement re Woryna.