British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Ward is entitled to a point of view just as are we about, how we see his position. His opinion is nothing to do with now being confined to a wheelchair. We have done the best we can to support him but do not have to go along with his opinions out of pity.

But there was no need to say he's wealthy and pleaded poverty. Any one that was at Poole the night he came back after his accident wouldn't dream of saying those things, I was there and it's the worst experience I've had, the tears were very close

I doubt he's forgotten what the fans did for him, he was hitting out at the establishment in the heat of the moment imo.

I doubt he's forgotten what the fans did for him, he was hitting out at the establishment in the heat of the moment imo.

Has he been back on twitter to clarify that and to say he meant no offence to the thousands of British fans who have supported him?

Holder thought it was unsafe and refused to ride, he may have been wrong, (like woofinden may have been at Belle Vue) but that doesn't alter the fact he thought it was unsafe. I thought I'd made it clear that I've no personal opinion on how dangerous the track was. I would never rely on middlo's opinion when it looks like a dangerous track is going to give his team an advantage again, he has demonstrated that his judgement is suspect particularly after what he did at Belle Vue, you would be stupid to use that as proof the track wasn't dangerous, wouldn't you?

That's not the point though is it?

It is how the idiot handled the situation, which at best appeared to be him just getting his own back like a child. You could argue Holder deserved it but the actions of the chairman of the bspa should be beyond reproach. YET AGAIN he has fallen way short of the level of integrity required to hold the position.

I see you are still holding the grudge for what Buster did early doors to try and keep Belle Vue running, following concerns about the then promotion. Move on, you have a great stadium and a great new stable promotion now.

• Like 3

Has he been back on twitter to clarify that and to say he meant no offence to the thousands of British fans who have supported him?

Yes of course, he has clarified what he meant a couple of times ....

Oh, brill, thanks.

For me, he was the most talented speedway rider ever.

Oh, brill, thanks.

For me, he was the most talented speedway rider ever.

Pretty special, loved watching him race, he did some daft things in his personal life but hell what a racer ....

I see you are still holding the grudge for what Buster did early doors to try and keep Belle Vue running, following concerns about the then promotion. Move on, you have a great stadium and a great new stable promotion now.

Yes we do have a great stadium and stable promotion but that is no reason why people should forget and move on from what was done to the the two people who had the vision, determination and ability to get that stadium built and to plan and produce the brilliant race track.

Some of us acknowledge the huge debt of gratitude we owe to David Gordon and Chris Morton and will not forget what we owe them and how they were treated.

• Like 3

Will he need a visa for cardiff ?

You're aware I presume that 14/16 riders at Cardiff are not Brits and the vast majority of those do not hold British work visas. There will not be an issue just as for example there is not an issue when a German football team comes to play at Wembley.

The only riders I have ever heard of having issues are the lagutas

Yes we do have a great stadium and stable promotion but that is no reason why people should forget and move on from what was done to the the two people who had the vision, determination and ability to get that stadium built and to plan and produce the brilliant race track.

Some of us acknowledge the huge debt of gratitude we owe to David Gordon and Chris Morton and will not forget what we owe them and how they were treated.

Too right, it's awful they are no longer involved with their vision

But typical of this moron throughout his career... act first, think later. His latter tweet he still had a go at British speedway.

• Like 2

You're aware I presume that 14/16 riders at Cardiff are not Brits and the vast majority of those do not hold British work visas. There will not be an issue just as for example there is not an issue when a German football team comes to play at Wembley.

The only riders I have ever heard of having issues are the lagutas

yes I know Europeans don't need visa's anyway as holder is none European how will that effect him if he hasn't got a visa ?
  • Like 1

yes I know Europeans don't need visa's anyway as holder is none European how will that effect him if he hasn't got a visa ?

Greg Hancock is not European and has not had any issues. Zagar and Vaculik and Emil are not from EU countries. It won't be an issue. Just as it is not an issue when he has ridden in other countries for which he does not have a work visa, such as Latvia and Denmark. And just as GP ruders have not had issues with Australia despite none of them having work visas for there.

David and Chris seem to have become the "forgotten men" of Belle Vue, but without them and their determination, there wouldn't be a new stadium for us all to enjoy.

• Like 1

So Holder riding fairly naff this evening in the SGP. It will be all the BSPA's fault.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 3