British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

from The Return - I cannot say obviously from a BSPA/Go Speed side about Speedway returning to Sky sports whether they would be interested but from a Sky side the door is not closed and locked,

if the conditions were right and some of the improvements that Sky have previously suggested have been implemented like reduced entry fees and more promotions combined with the positive viewing figures has not gone unnoticed by the powers that be at Sky especially with how some recent tv rights auctions have gone for other sports and rebranding of channels.

Speedway would actually be a good fit for Sky sports Action channel with regular live content.

Unfortunately the end decision is not with me otherwise we would be having a UHD 24camera & Dolby Atmos super production

From Sky point of view they have nailed their sports coverage to Premiership football where the interesting is waning. fast They paid far to much for this and are having to cut back on nearly all other sports. They have lost all mens tennis except the grand slams to Amazon from 2019 so they are hardly going to go to speedway again

• Like 1

Mickthemuppet- The points you have raised about sports rights On Sky and the associated loss of customers is something that Sky will be working hard to turn around in the future starting from next month.

The customer churn and satisfaction levels are clear that the current policy of PL football and F1 is not a sustainable product so things are being reviewed.

With the right product and realistic costs Speedway could yet make a return however from the info I can get is that BT will be given first option on a deal in return for the support they gave the sport in 2017

• Like 1

If you had a ban for every time you attacked the poster then you would be barred for life.

Sadly you get away with breaking forum rules nearly on a daily basis.

You have form for being banned for attacking the poster, well one of your many aliases has anyway.

If anyone knows about breaking forum rules then you are the expert.

Sadly Gavan does it every day and gets away with it. you have to ask the question, why...

Not another thread ruined by the same people. What the hell is the matter with you lot.

From my standpoint, theres nothing wrong with BT's coverage.

From my standpoint, theres nothing wrong with BT's coverage.

Correct, their isn't. Speedway is lucky it's being shown at all, even if it is for free. Speedway is on a level with Billy Smarts Circus, and they don't show that, so speedway should be grateful.

I just thought I would come on here and see what is being said, and like nearly every thread it's the same 5 or 6 people slating one another and acting like little kids. Maybe they are little kids, I don't know.

Correct, their isn't. Speedway is lucky it's being shown at all, even if it is for free. Speedway is on a level with Billy Smarts Circus, and they don't show that, so speedway should be grateful.

I just thought I would come on here and see what is being said, and like nearly every thread it's the same 5 or 6 people slating one another and acting like little kids. Maybe they are little kids, I don't know.

I just hope that something is sorted for next year as if it is not some clubs may not continue without the tv money they get.

Edited by A ORLOV

From what I have heard from a variety of people involved with the sport in the U.K. The continuation of a tv deal and a paid one at that will key whether 3 or 4 clubs stay in the top league.

From Sky point of view they have nailed their sports coverage to Premiership football where the interesting is waning. fast They paid far to much for this and are having to cut back on nearly all other sports. They have lost all mens tennis except the grand slams to Amazon from 2019 so they are hardly going to go to speedway again

How is interest in the PL waning? Are you living in a bubble...

As for the tennis, who cares about the tennis events which aren't the grand slams?

You remind me of Bernard Manning, without the intellect. That's the sort of thing he found funny, I see brum likes it as well.

I suppose laughing at that stuff seems normal to your generation.

Shame.

Haha!

I just hope that something is sorted for next year as if it is not some clubs may not continue without the tv money they get.

NINETY-nine per cent likely that there will be no TV money. The best the BSPA can hope for is that BT pay the production costs.

Edited by PHILIPRISING