British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Peterborough Panthers 13/08/17

Can't see a thread started for this meeting so here goes.

Looking forward to visiting Brought Park on Sunday although it appears that Jack Holder will be missing for the Panthers.

Will be staying in Berwick for 2 nights taking in the Panthers meetings at Armadale and Shielfield Park.

Always enjoy my visits to Newcastle and South Shields although I have not been for a while being based on the South coast.

Back to the meeting hope for an entertaining encounter and would expect a Diamonds victory.

Can't see a thread started for this meeting so here goes.

Looking forward to visiting Brought Park on Sunday although it appears that Jack Holder will be missing for the Panthers.

Will be staying in Berwick for 2 nights taking in the Panthers meetings at Armadale and Shielfield Park.

Always enjoy my visits to Newcastle and South Shields although I have not been for a while being based on the South coast.

Back to the meeting hope for an entertaining encounter and would expect a Diamonds victory.

You could go and see Tottenham win in the afternoon ;)

Bar closed :shock: , remember we're down next weekend :drink:

Only the upstairs bar. down stairs bar still open. don't panic cap'n mannering.

• Like 1

You could go and see Tottenham win in the afternoon ;)

.....or lose, as the case may be. :D (5-1). I'm missing from SJP tomorrow due to running the training school. Now that's devotion.

• Like 1

.....or lose, as the case may be. :D (5-1). I'm missing from SJP tomorrow due to running the training school. Now that's devotion.

good lad Dave, can you not find an excuse ? ;)

Why are we able to run tomorrow when football is on at SJP, it was the reason/excuse for cancelling earlier on in the season?

• Like 1

Why are we able to run tomorrow when football is on at SJP, it was the reason/excuse for cancelling earlier on in the season?

Earlier it was the final match of the season, with a larger crowd expected in Newcastle to celebrate promotion. (I believe medical cover was one of the factors). Also it is an earlier kick-off tomorrow than it was then.

Earlier it was the final match of the season, with a larger crowd expected in Newcastle to celebrate promotion. (I believe medical cover was one of the factors). Also it is an earlier kick-off tomorrow than it was then.

Newcastle v Barrnsley (Sun 7 May) kicked off 12 noon. Tomorrow's kicks off at 1.30pm.

Newcastle v Barrnsley (Sun 7 May) kicked off 12 noon. Tomorrow's kicks off at 1.30pm.

I sit corrected, thoughtthey all kicked off at 15:00.

Anybody know if Holder is bothering his arse to turn up tomorrow or is he away Zloty grabbing. ( I know the website says he SUPPOSED to be riding).

Anybody know if Holder is bothering his arse to turn up tomorrow or is he away Zloty grabbing. ( I know the website says he SUPPOSED to be riding).

Not long ago I would have been interested in this but tbh it just doesn't seem to matter much. Riders seem to ride where and when they like; that's fine though because I ( and those I bring with me) may turn up when I fancy, as well.

• Like 2

Which was the final meeting to celebrate the promotion of Newcastle United. It doesn't really matter if it was 12 or 1.30pm, the same practicalities were valid.

Mad Max

See above. It is not an excuse to not run against the TOON at home celebrating promotion, it is a sound and practical business reason. Most of the track staff would or were at the said match.

Edited by Tsunami

Jack Holder has bigger fish to fry than Newcastle, Torun are in a relegation battle.

He will be riding in Poland tomorrow.

Peterborough are in a difficult position of having a rider that's simply too good for the Championship.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

Jack Holder has bigger fish to fry than Newcastle, Torun are in a relegation battle.

He will be riding in Poland tomorrow.

Peterborough are in a difficult position of having a rider that's simply too good for the Championship.

If that were the case then he'd be top of the averages which he isn't (Or are there 10 to 20 other riders who are too good for the championship).

Must be a hell of a track at Torun (which it isn't) if he thinks riding 3 or 4 meetings at the end of the season for a poor polish team is going to bring on his career leaps and bounds, as opposed to honoring your contract and earning respect rather than the instant readies.. Three or four years down the line no doubt he'll be bleating like his brother when someone dumps him (and it probably won't be a british team).