British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

JC, Micman  I can feel the man love coming through. ;)     You are of course right.  The bar was set back then.  Sadly the standard has fallen way below that level, but of course, as always.  Buster knows best.   Still here we are new year, a new kid ( well You know what I mean) on the block.  Hopes are high.  Can They deliver.....  Over to you Buster its time to walk the walk.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

On 19/03/2018 at 12:37 PM, micman said:

Somebody sent me the link to this 'anthem' and I honestly thought April 1st had come early! Seriously guys, I'm halfway across the world and speedway people I know here have tears running down their legs laughing so much!Whoever thought this was a great way to inspire/motivate/put the fear into the opposition needs to reconsider when their meds kick in!

Yes, I know it's nothing to do with me, I'm long retired from speedway and live in Aus but I still care about the club where I spent many a happy evening on the mic from way back in 1988.Hell we go rid of the war crys in 1990 (sorry Wild Wayne and Mother T!) because they were old hat . . .let along a choral extravaganza.

Back in the days of the PL when the club were feared home and away it was 'Welcome to the jungle' that became the parade truck theme tune and even that sounds dated now so, for what it's worth, whoever came up with this idea. . .maybe ask the paying public for once - or as that just stating the blindingly obvious?

Wishing everyone a safe and successful season ahead. . . now where did I put my Vera Lynn records????

seriously.jpg

It does make you wonder, how this anthem was conceived. Unfortunately all to often fans complain 

• Like 1

Good news Stars being advertised on KLFM ! Guess the theme tune ? King’s Lynn “ clap, clap, clap :-( 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DWP said:

Good news Stars being advertised on KLFM ! Guess the theme tune ? King’s Lynn “ clap, clap, clap :-( 

Surely the King's Lynn 'clap clap clap'  is similar to something the Poles would chant? 

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

Surely the King's Lynn 'clap clap clap'  is similar to something the Poles would chant? 

Nope

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Maybe you could invite them over to sing it Trees..... :rolleyes:

I'd love nothing more than singing on the terraces but never ever ask anyone from Norfolk to think up a chant. Just look at Norwich City, they love 'On The Ball City'. I can't think of a more dreary football chant anywhere in the World.

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'd love nothing more than singing on the terraces but never ever ask anyone from Norfolk to think up a chant. Just look at Norwich City, they love 'On The Ball City'. I can't think of a more dreary football chant anywhere in the World.

When I go to Anfield, nobody sings  'you'll never walk alone' louder than I.   With 50,000 fans singing, it makes my hair stand on end, and I'm only a supporter.  Imagine what that must do for the players....     

I'm all for verbal  chorus for the fans to cheer.    But surely in this day and age we could have something more modern than that new anthem .      I'd rather we went back to  1.4.2.4 who the hell R we 4.  we use to sing at the Firs  50 odd years ago.....

10 hours ago, semion said:

Maybe you could invite them over to sing it Trees..... :rolleyes:

We can do it Polish style :)

Can u remember the Gollob chant... 

Gollob, Tomasz Gollob.... that was it

And the Poland chant ... 

Polska, Polska, Polska, Polska

King's Lynn  King's Lynn Stars fits the bill, it's belief and pride we lack!! 

• Haha 1

Tsssk Trees,

Tomek Gollob Tomek !!

There is far more than that we have been lacking in recent years Trees.  Let’s hope for the wind of change starting in April.  Good to see you are back blowing the trumpet again this year.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2018 at 9:20 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Nope

Agree nothing like 

On 22/03/2018 at 9:17 AM, Trees said:

Poles clap clap clap 

• Like 2

Yeah well, we are British, it won't sound quite like that lol

45 minutes ago, Trees said:

Yeah well, we are British, it won't sound quite like that lol

Why couldn't it?? Beinf British is irrelevant, what relevant is the person behind the 'Stars Anthem' need to hang for totally embarrassing the club further