British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Belle Vue V Rye House 30 Aug 2017

The forecast for Pererborough is woeful, so a good chance all riders will be available for this match, assuming the forecast for Manchester is any better?

The forecast for Pererborough is woeful, so a good chance all riders will be available for this match, assuming the forecast for Manchester is any better?

Dry all day here

Taken from the Belle Vue website;

BELLE VUE V RYE HOUSE - 7:30PM - WEDNESDAY AUGUST 30

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces

Kenneth Bjerre, Max Fricke R/R, Charles Wright (G), Rohan Tungate, Craig Cook ©, Dan Bewley, Jack Smith; TM: Mark Lemon

Rye House ‘BMR’ Rockets

Chris Harris R/R, Ben Barker, Ricky Wells, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Scott Nicholls ©, Stuart Robson, Ben Morley; TM: Peter Schroeck

Taken from the Belle Vue website;

BELLE VUE V RYE HOUSE - 7:30PM - WEDNESDAY AUGUST 30

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces

Kenneth Bjerre, Max Fricke R/R, Charles Wright (G), Rohan Tungate, Craig Cook ©, Dan Bewley, Jack Smith; TM: Mark Lemon

Rye House ‘BMR’ Rockets

Chris Harris R/R, Ben Barker, Ricky Wells, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Scott Nicholls ©, Stuart Robson, Ben Morley; TM: Peter Schroeck

The rain starts in Peterborough at 10am and looks persistent all day..if this gets called off at say 4pm, I assume Harris can get to Manchester to race...would that be within the rules?

Am I being a bit dense? It wouldn't be the first time and I apologise for my lack of understanding.

Chris Harris signed for Rye House during the winter, before Christmas if my ageing head isn't failing me.

He expressed a wish to double up but it wasn't until some months into the season that Peterborough took him on.

Therefore, if I understand the rules, Rye get priority in the event of a fixture clash.

What gives?

• Like 1

If Wright can repeat his last performance at the NSS he will be an adequate replacement for Worrall. There were rumours Fricke might be back tomorrow but unfortunately unfounded and r/r doesn't cover for him. There are also question marks over Bjerre, going to have his own engines back for this meeting, so we shall see if that was the problem and Bewley, who damaged his groin and couldn't move his left leg when he withdrew from the Colts match yesterday.

With Rye House no doubt full of confidence we shall need Bjerre and Bewley to be at their best, if they are then we should be able to win. I'm not sure it helps to know that Poole fans will be hoping we do.

I would hope that if Peterborough is called off both Worrall and Harris will take their places in this meeting. I would hope that Wright has been booked on that understanding.

Am I being a bit dense? It wouldn't be the first time and I apologise for my lack of understanding.

Chris Harris signed for Rye House during the winter, before Christmas if my ageing head isn't failing me.

He expressed a wish to double up but it wasn't until some months into the season that Peterborough took him on.

Therefore, if I understand the rules, Rye get priority in the event of a fixture clash.

What gives?

What gives is this:-

A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is “Doubling Up”, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: a) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

b 1 st priority to the owner of the rider

c) 2 nd priority to the previous season club

d) 3 rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

..although I don't know how Rye House have retained the services of Stuart Robson unless it has been by mutual agreement.

Edited by tocha

False dawn, on 29 Aug 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

What gives?

I can't see that either the Rye or Peterborough meetings are re-arranged(I might be wrong) so I don't know why Bomber has to ride in a meaningless fixture at Peterborough when it is more crucial that he rides for Rye. If Peterborough are happy to let Holder ride in Poland, then why can't they release Bomber for Rye, or is it because he is their best crowd puller?

So the match at BV tomorrow is a re-arranged fixture? I looked in the fixture list and couldn't see the original staging being postponed.

Oh well

• Like 1

So the match at BV tomorrow is a re-arranged fixture? I looked in the fixture list and couldn't see the original staging being postponed.

Oh well

was re-arranged very early in season (was 1st Sept) and bomber had already signed for PB but robbo was not signed by NewC until after fixture had changed (so was an original fixture as far as Nc were concerned - I think !!!!)

was re-arranged very early in season (was 1st Sept) and bomber had already signed for PB but robbo was not signed by NewC until after fixture had changed (so was an original fixture as far as Nc were concerned - I think !!!!)

Thanks. I'm glad you cleared that up.

I'm obviously alone in thinking that a rearrangement of an August fixture, possibly critical to the playoffs, moved back in April, should lead to a Premiership club appearing without a senior rider.

Well my opinion, for what it's worth, is that this is daft. Perhaps Peterborough could be persuaded to release one of it's riders. A few bob might do it..

• Like 1

Clear as mud "as always"

Peterborough have nothing to race for. They let Holder go race in Poland rather than for them so they should be letting Bomber ride for us.

Farcical rules making the sport look tinpot yet again.

• Like 5

Thanks. I'm glad you cleared that up.

I'm obviously alone in thinking that a rearrangement of an August fixture, possibly critical to the playoffs, moved back in April, should lead to a Premiership club appearing without a senior rider.

Well my opinion, for what it's worth, is that this is daft. Perhaps Peterborough could be persuaded to release one of it's riders. A few bob might do it..

Always works a treat!

Peterborough have nothing to race for. They let Holder go race in Poland rather than for them so they should be letting Bomber ride for us.

Farcical rules making the sport look tinpot yet again.

Makes the situation even more stupid.

The regs dont allow the pussycats to give permission for Bomber to ride at BV but apparently have no power to stop such permission for a rider to go off to Poland

Will be completely farcical when it is called off at Peterborough (99% chance with weather forecast) and Bomber even if he has time to travel wont be allowed to take his place as R/R has been announced

• Like 2