British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Birmingham, Bradford, Leicester, Wolverhampton, Coventry...

So many tracks within towns or cities with a high ethnic, in particular Asian, populous in and around the tracks immediate catchment area..

Nothing seems to be done to attract this ever growing sector of the community to the Speedway on their doorstep...

A huge opportunity I would suggest in targeting them, particularly as many of whom in this community have a culturally higher than average number of children...

Well look what happened when a member of this ever growing sector of the community was attracted to Brandon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of course not. You can have as many employments as you like. There is no restriction. You take the job(s) that suits your needs and desires.

Speedway riders are no different and can ride in different countries, if they so wish. There is no divine right to ride speedway in the UK or make it pay to the levels they desire. Ultimately, if the promoters dont pay the money they want, what does a speedway rider do then?

And that’s exactly what’s wrong with so many businesses - a “them” and “us” attitude. Riders and promoters should unite, with fair pay according to means, longer contracts encouraging loyalty and a will to build a club brand that attracts and keeps fans.

• Like 2

And thats exactly whats wrong with so many businesses - a them and us attitude. Riders and promoters should unite, with fair pay according to means, longer contracts encouraging loyalty and a will to build a club brand that attracts and keeps fans.

Like Jason Doyle's 2 year contract?

.... unfortunately scuppered by the one eight pointer rule.

Rumours that KK is Belle Vue bound. 

KK will go where the money is pure and simple . 

13 minutes ago, Greg said:

KK will go where the money is pure and simple . 

Whats he heading BV for then ? .... :)

• Like 2

Reckon I would have heard if he was. But I haven't. 

Rye won' let him go easily. Think he will stay 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Reckon I would have heard if he was. But I haven't. 

Rye won' let him go easily. Think he will stay 

I hope so

• Like 1

Although I would like to see KK sign for the Aces on his current average I hope, in a way, that he signs for you because you signed him last year when he was dropped and because I think he will improve his average and help you build a very competitive team.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Although I would like to see KK sign for the Aces on his current average I hope, in a way, that he signs for you because you signed him last year when he was dropped and because I think he will improve his average and help you build a very competitive team.

Blimey.Thats a speedway fans post if ever I saw one.;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Blimey.Thats a speedway fans post if ever I saw one.;)

Just being selfish. I'd much rather have a league with 8 closely matched teams than one or two teams running away from the rest at the top of the league. Closely matched teams are also more likely to produce good racing and that's what it should be about.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Just being selfish. I'd much rather have a league with 8 closely matched teams than one or two teams running away from the rest at the top of the league. Closely matched teams are also more likely to produce good racing and that's what it should be about.

Inboxed mate.

Edited by Bald Bloke