British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

The facts are that there were a very small number of Belle Vue fans in the South Stand and even fewer in the Grandstand, who thought it appropriate to boo the Wolves riders. It may be childish, it is not something I would do or like to hear but fairly harmless. Nobody that I heard cheered after the crash in heat 13, it was a heart in the mouth moment because it was obvious that someone could be hurt and why would fans cheer when it could so easily have been Bjerre or Cook who were injured. The referees decision was met with astonishment and jeers, Bjerre was cheered when he walked back to the pits and gestured to the referee and Lindgren was booed by a very small number of fans as he walked back but the vast majority of fans clapped. My impression was that the few boos were most likely because they thought he was responsible for the crash.

I don't see anything particularly terrible or reprehensible about any of that behaviour. I don't like the booing but it happens virtually everywhere.

What is unacceptable is the throwing of the plastic bottles. A look at the Belle Vue fans Facebook page shows how many Aces fans have made clear that they consider it totally unacceptable behaviour and want the culprit(s) identified and banned.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Aces51... I am led to believe that they have been dealt with by Adrian Smith.

Edited by Ace no.5

Aces51... I am led to believe that they have been dealt with by Adrian Smith.

I hope so.

what's that you say 'NO CHEERING FROM ACES FANS AFTER LINDGREN FELL. LIE.

NO CHEERING AT ALL. Not according to other reliable unbiased Aces fans.

it's like taking candy from a baby. As if the quoted posts didn't confirm it, the ones above clear it up. Lying yet again.

yours might revolve around Poole but I have other interests equally as demanding of time. I appreciate you won't have much else going on.

It is the gift that keeps giving after all.

I dont know why you and Gavan dont take a sub for a year, the place would be a lot better for it.

I dont know why you and Gavan dont take a sub for a year, the place would be a lot better for it.

do yourself one more favour prick and keep your mouth shut.

you bring jack all to the forum apart from letting everyone take the pee out of you.

sod off back to the Poole threads...........you tell everyone on there not to post on there so practice what you preach moron

you bring jack all to the forum apart from letting everyone take the pee out of you.

sod off back to the Poole threads...........you tell everyone on there not to post on there so practice what you preach moron

Dear oh dear. How much longer do we have to put up with this person?

• Like 2

Totally gutted to get so close i said earlier i thought Lindgren would go through the card and up until the accident he looked the class act that he is, not being biased i think the ref got the call wrong but hey ho, if Lindgren had not been injured we wouldnt have had that oppertunity in the last two races. Never been a fan of Tungate from the day he was brought in, he was woeful at Wolves and never delivered what he was brought in to do at home. Cook is not in Lindgrens class and will be embarrassed in a full GP season, even when getting a flyer Freddie made light work of him. Hope Freddie is ok after his knock, whereas Doyle has been riding within himself no doubt with one eye on the GP which is understandable Freddie has never given Wolves anything less than 100% reminds me of Crumpie in that sense. As for the morons throwing beer cans total disgrace and have dragged the name of our club through the mud, totally inexcusable. If Freddie is out for the final what are Wolves options? Whatever they are no one is going to be able to match Lindgrens scoring and with Thorssell also out the door is wide open for Swindon. Belle Vue need to freshen things up next season things just feel a bit stale at the moment. The last three seasons the first leg has cost us as we have choked each time, Cook, Bjerre, and Tungate scoring a total of 11 at Monmore did for us. Hope the racing is good over the two legs of the final.

This, and a few other excellent posts, have taken ages to find amongst a lot of childish insults and rubbish. I contribute to another forum, nothing to do with speedway, and the behaviour on here wouldn't be tolerated there.

Lindgren has become one of my favourite riders so disappointed to see his season is over. I can see how he is getting the blame for the crash, but sport is all about opinion. Refs decision is final, you have to accept that, however bad the decision.

• Like 2

To clarify, where I was stood on the back straight, there were a very small minority who 'cheered' at the crash, perhaps three or four as an argument broke out over it with a couple of Belle Vue 'fans' claiming he deserved it etc.

The overwhelming majority however did not cheer.

In terms of the boos, quite a few more, although again it seemed to be mostly on the back straight, the home straight appeared to be applauding.

The loudest cheer was for the withdrawal of Lindgren from the meeting which was somewhat classless, although I can understand that for some they weren't cheering that he may be injured but the increasing of Belle Vue's chances.

All in all it helped contribute to a cracking atmosphere.

The banter between Schlein and a certain section of Belle Vue fans was close to the line but again, many post they miss such things from the 'good old days'. The bottle/can throwing of course crossed the line and it's good to hear that they have been dealt with.

It's good to see the match and the incidents being discussed on here between 99% of fans without any animosity or arguments, with the exception of one of course who continues to bring shame upon the name of Belle Vue Aces.

• Like 3

Dear oh dear. How much longer do we have to put up with this person?

I was thinking the same about you (and Starman)

• Like 2

Isnt it weird how all the 'freaks' stick together and troll away.

Fredflange, Shovlar, BrandonBob, Starman

All in there own way so far detached from everyone else and living in their own little world.

Belle Vue fans in general are decent bunch on here spoilt by one weird moron

No wonder why your missus didn't want you in the shed.

Isnt it weird how all the 'freaks' stick together and troll away.

Fredflange, Shovlar, BrandonBob, Starman

All in there own way so far detached from everyone else and living in their own little world.

Belle Vue fans in general are decent bunch on here spoilt by one weird moron

How's everything in your world at the moment? Any more issues you want to fish for sympathy for.

Just read that Freddie is out for the rest of the season. He had a chance of being 2nd or 3rd in the world championship (you dont get many chances) and threw it away at BV on Friday night. Threw it away,and for what - British Premiership Champion medal.

I know which one I would rather have, and its a WC medal. Just cant understand his judgement - then I remember whats been said "speedway riders leave their brains at the pit gate".

All the work this year thrown away in one race - and the video clip I seen isnt that good but looks to me if the cause of the Bjerre crash was Freddies.

Just read that Freddie is out for the rest of the season. He had a chance of being 2nd or 3rd in the world championship (you dont get many chances) and threw it away at BV on Friday night. Threw it away,and for what - British Premiership Champion medal.

I know which one I would rather have, and its a WC medal. Just cant understand his judgement - then I remember whats been said "speedway riders leave their brains at the pit gate".

All the work this year thrown away in one race - and the video clip I seen isnt that good but looks to me if the cause of the Bjerre crash was Freddies.

Bar the last sentence, for which you are entitled to your opinion, the rest is absolute nonsense.

Perhaps Freddie Lindgren is a rare breed these days, but he has a passion and a will to win for his team and is proud to do so. It is a very, very strange fan who finds something to criticise in that! Speedway in this country would be in a far better state if more riders had the attitude of Lindgren.

To be fair, Craig Cook is of a similar ilk in the Aces side.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

He was battling for his team and the fans,like riders should do..I would rather see a rider putting his team and the fans first,than him plodding around near the back thinking of himself.I think most fans would agree.

All the best Freddie.Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2