British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Redcar Bears 17th Sep 2017 At 6.30

Speedway needs to attract crowds to survive and the rule makers should bear this in mind. The ruling out of a guest or R/R means a NL rider or Josh Embleton will be the Newcastle number 1 for Sundays meeting. It's no joke, this is for real! I will be there as usual, got a season ticket and I am keen enough to attend a meeting we are likely to lose because of the rules anyway. Hardly an attractive meeting now is it? I am worried that the part time fans will stay away because of this farce and the promoter's will lose some admission money.

So come on Josh wear the no1 jacket maybe you will get a point if one of the other riders fall or have bike problems. A great experience for you, enjoy it with no pressure on you at all but lets hope the rules are changed to allow R/R at least next year.

Edited by dantodan

Think Robert is skipping the riders championship because of a knee injury.

Wonder if it will keep him out the Polish meeting on Sunday.

If Robert is injured, and doesn't ride tomorrow in Poland because of it, I assume we will be allowed a guest.

If Robert is injured, and doesn't ride tomorrow in Poland because of it, I assume we will be allowed a guest.

Yes, time will tell though.

Newcastle: Josh Embleton, Stuart Robson, Ashley Morris, Ludvig Lindgen (captain), Steve Worrall, Ben Hopwood, Alfie Bowtell

Redcar: Ben Barker (captain), Jonas B. Andersen, Charles Wright, Ellis Perks, Jason Garrity (R/R?) , Tobias Busch (if fit), TBC

Edited by Steve Park

Think Robert is skipping the riders championship because of a knee injury.

Wonder if it will keep him out the Polish meeting on Sunday.

Didn`t stop him riding in a big open meeting in Germany last night https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/80774/night-of-the-fights-w-cloppenburgu

So we have Robert in Germany- Poland easy to get to or flight to England and flight to Poland. Another rider taking the pi$$

• Like 3

Didn`t stop him riding in a big open meeting in Germany last night https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/80774/night-of-the-fights-w-cloppenburgu

So we have Robert in Germany- Poland easy to get to or flight to England and flight to Poland. Another rider taking the pi$$

Which is where he aggravated the old injury, I'd guess?

Whilst you could well be right you must st least concede that if Lambert takes his place in his Polish meeting tomorrow it will look pretty iffy.

Whilst you could well be right you must st least concede that if Lambert takes his place in his Polish meeting tomorrow it will look pretty iffy.

From a purely selfish point of view and no offence to Josh, I hope he doesn't ride in Poland on Sunday, as I would guess we would be allowed a guest or R/R.

Yes the old injury that hasn`t stopped him riding in Sweden, Poland and open meetings - only the UK. Has he ever done a shared event meeting ? Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Yes the old injury that hasn`t stopped him riding in Sweden, Poland and open meetings - only the UK. Has he ever done a shared event meeting ?

Taken from Robert Lambert Racing Facebook page:

Cloppenburg last night ended not the way I wanted. I made the semi and didn't make the final but on the same time I twisted my leg and today woken up unable to walk on it and went to the hospital to get it checked and they signed me off for today so I can't race. I'm very disappointed because I want to finish the season on a high and another meddle. I hope I get signed fit for tomorrow in Poland. Also at the hospital I seen team mate Martin Smolinskiafter his crash last night.

Taken from Robert Lambert Racing Facebook page:

Cloppenburg last night ended not the way I wanted. I made the semi and didn't make the final but on the same time I twisted my leg and today woken up unable to walk on it and went to the hospital to get it checked and they signed me off for today so I can't race. I'm very disappointed because I want to finish the season on a high and another meddle. I hope I get signed fit for tomorrow in Poland. Also at the hospital I seen team mate Martin Smolinskiafter his crash last night.

He can show a photo of his flight tickets etc to show he intended to race tonight and then people won't be able to say he's taking the mic key (especially since he is very disappointed).
  • Like 1

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates of this meeting tomorrow? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number?

Thanks

So is there a glimmer of hope for Newcastle if Robert is unfit for his match in Poland?
Josh Embleton = 0points Rider Replacement = 8 or 9 points approx Could be the difference between winning or losing

Forecast doesn't look good for this. Rain forecast at 5 and 6 and it is currently p*****g down at the moment!!!