British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

I believe it is so relevant, that only Wolves fans rate their track as good. Its also amazing, that them same fans, don';t realise what a massive home advantage their track give them.

To me a good race is when two or more riders are giving their all and the best one wins, not a race when a rider gets in difficulty because of the track, hence gifting the race to home knowledge... That to me is not good racing...

Difficult to ride at times yes but what defines a ''poor'' track exactly? Riders fell off because they overdid it going into tight bends. They should've adapted like Fricke did.

• Like 2

I believe it is so relevant, that only Wolves fans rate their track as good. Its also amazing, that them same fans, don';t realise what a massive home advantage their track give them.

To me a good race is when two or more riders are giving their all and the best one wins, not a race when a rider gets in difficulty because of the track, hence gifting the race to home knowledge... That to me is not good racing...

I am not a Wolves fan.

I remember the early nineties clashes between the two clubs, Ermolenko, Correy, The Karlssons etc against Ott, Screen, Lyons, The Morans etc..

Great racing on an excellent track..

However I have to be honest and say Wolves for the past five years or so has been hanging on to its previous reputation a bit as the racing hasn't been great when I have attended..

It always appears a bit too deep nowadays for the tightness of the bends, I seem to recall it being a bit slicker in the past (like the last place we rode at), which meant closer racing...

Last night some races had almost half a lap lead from front to back with the NL lads in particular, Bewley apart, well off the pace as they found it so hard to turn the bikes..

I can see why Wolves do it as their riders hit the bends significantly quicker than the opposition, who quite naturally are a bit more circumspect about the inevitable locking up in some thick stuff and the reaction to their bikes..

All tracks need riding and it would be boring to have all tracks the same but Wolves definitely isn't what it was...

Which is a shame because it was one of the best..

• Like 1

Bad news about Thorssell I hope he has a speedy recovery, he,s a rider I like, this season his improvement has been excellent he comes across as a decent bloke quietly going about his job, good to watch and shows loyalty to his British club. I agree with mikebv and his assessment regarding the track. Monmore used to be prepared much better disregarding last night as the weather played a major part, Kirky Lane had some decent racing but that was in a minority of meetings the place was a dump but it served its purpose. Of course small tracks have a place as you need to have a different type of skill to ride them hence foreign riders needing that UK experience. Ive visited Lakeside quite a few times and despite what some say ive always seen decent meetings there, its small but riders never appeared to have a problem turning the bike, locking up, etc. In the cold light of day all this my tracks better than yours is rather childish, its far more relevant what the riders themselves think. Hope its a good meeting tomorrow and we can pull it back but its still going to be a hard task even with Wolves now having to utilise r/r. Last night Cook Tungate and Bjerre I felt let us down they all have to be on it tomorrow. Pity the weather badly affected both matches last night.

• Like 1

Seems the Aces are under instruction to take out as many Wolves riders as possible.

Shocking riding from some of them.

With Thorssell out its game over.

Sorry Steve, I cannot agree with this comment or your other one about Bewley/Greaves. I disassociate myself from both.

• Like 1

So Rohan "wipeout" Tungate puts Thorssell into hospital with a broken back whilst simultaneously destroying Wolves chances in the two major Premiership competitions, all within the space of one bend. How very, very efficient.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like 1

So Rohan "wipeout" Tungate puts Thorssell into hospital with a broken back whilst simultaneously destroying Wolves chances in the two major Premiership competitions, all within the space of one bend. How very, very efficient.

Id love to reply to this but f**k it.

I'm surprised this as come from you.

It was an accident - he didn't intentionally go out to take Jacob out. It does have a big impact on your season though but unfortunately that is speedway and its not over yet

With you lot cheering i thought you was happy he crashed?

Sorry Steve, I cannot agree with this comment or your other one about Bewley/Greaves. I disassociate myself from both.

I agree. Said in the heat of the moment and an over the top comment.

you don't need to be a neutral to wish him a full recovery . in fact I very much doubt you would find a single speedway fan BV included who would not wish exactly the same

absolutely agree. I hope the Aces fan that said 'couldn't happen to a nicer person' about Jacobs crash feels dreadful today.

I can't bring to mind a meeting anywhere in the recent past with that number fallers. Monmore is usually better prepared but last night it wasn't but probably because of the problems caused by the weather.

[quite name=stevebrum" post="3036458" timestamp="1506374612]Seems the Aces are under instruction to take out as many Wolves riders as possible.

Shocking riding from some of them.

With Thorssell out its game over.

Steve, I appreciate this was probably a heat of the moment comment but you need to apologise and withdraw it.

Very nice of Adams to say he hopes that we win it if we get through to the final.

Think you said it yourself really, track and conditions caught out both tracks so I think it's clear why we had the unusual amount of fallers at both tracks through conditions and over trying.

As for the quoted comment , see the above reply. It was an over the top comment made in the spur of the moment.

I remember the early nineties clashes between the two clubs, Ermolenko, Correy, The Karlssons etc against Ott, Screen, Lyons, The Morans etc..

Great racing on an excellent track..

However I have to be honest and say Wolves for the past five years or so has been hanging on to its previous reputation a bit as the racing hasn't been great when I have attended..

It always appears a bit too deep nowadays for the tightness of the bends, I seem to recall it being a bit slicker in the past (like the last place we rode at), which meant closer racing...

Last night some races had almost half a lap lead from front to back with the NL lads in particular, Bewley apart, well off the pace as they found it so hard to turn the bikes..

I can see why Wolves do it as their riders hit the bends significantly quicker than the opposition, who quite naturally are a bit more circumspect about the inevitable locking up in some thick stuff and the reaction to their bikes..

All tracks need riding and it would be boring to have all tracks the same but Wolves definitely isn't what it was...

Which is a shame because it was one of the best..

Wolves still is one of the best.

The quality of racing is down at all tracks since the introduction of the new silencers compared to the Golden Era that you started your post with.

• Like 1

What to say ? What a silly billy you are.You might see this when you cool down accidents happen.

It was an accident - he didn't intentionally go out to take Jacob out. It does have a big impact on your season though but unfortunately that is speedway and its not over yet

You should note that earlier, I have disagreed with Steve Brum's comment about the Aces deliberately riding dangerously. I have nowhere indicated that Tungate was guilty of foul riding, but the cause and effect are crystal clear.

I'm not a Wolves fan ,and the best races I have seen in recent years have come from Monmore

Most neutrals would agree with that.

We have been lucky to have such a great prepared race track to provide exciting racing on.

Obviously those who like so called 'proper' big tracks will disagree and that's absolutely fine.

I'd prefer to watch throttle control racing so you get to see those who have real skill on a bike every day off the week. Just my opinion and preference. The NSS is undoubtedly the best racing track in the country and I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

However I'm more than happy with what's on offer at Monmore.

• Like 2

Wolves still is one of the best.

The quality of racing is down at all tracks since the introduction of the new silencers compared to the Golden Era that you started your post with.

I'd fully agree with mikebv's observations about the Wolves track and if, as you state, Wolves still is one of the best, then its a sad indication of how bad our tracks have become generally (having been a speedway goer for 45+ years I was saddened by the state of e.g. Stoke and Poole on visits this season compared to previous visits) and must put the National Speedway Stadium circuit a country mile ahead of every other track in the UK.

Having visited most tracks in the over the last 3 seasons, I haven't seen any better racing than is regularly served up at the NSS. Imagine then how good it would have been had there not been the introduction of the new silencers compared to the Golden Era that you started your post with.