British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What ave. would he be on ?

Just checked the final greensheets

5.12 from 2016 (didnt complete enough 2017 meetings for revised average)

So perhaps not reserve but certainly not a No1

• Thanks 1

Last ave. for Roynon I can source is 5.12, which would put him in the main body, but with 5 reserves it will be like musical chairs, I would think ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Practice day is off 

12 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Is that because of the weather/track or cause we don’t have a team yet 

Thought it might be, but didn't like to say,,, 

I would say weather/track :-( :(

Edited by ruffdiamond

To be fair the promotion were up front about the team this year so nobody can really complain. That said if we're going to try and build a team that can develop into a useful side it would, in theory at least, have made more sense to sign younger riders and perhaps try and develop some assets for the future. You have to fear we'll be starting from scratch again in 12 months time.

The main problem with this side is that most of the riders signed are beyond their peak years and will probably struggle to retain their starting averages. Given we could well be under the limit anyway that is, on paper at least, a real worry.  The tactical rules this year will make it harder as teams will be able to bring their top riders in for extra rides when 6 points down which will expose our lack of top end strength. That's assuming we are ever 6 points up of course!

Time will tell but this side looks like it will struggle badly on the road and possibly at home on occasions. Absolutely not the fault of the riders who I'm sure will give everything and will be determined to prove people wrong. Wish them the best of luck but fear it's going to be a real struggle for points and could get ugly at times against the stronger teams. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by NJC71

maybe taking 'part payment' in green shield stamps and happy meal vouchers is putting riders off ;)

9 hours ago, NJC71 said:

To be fair the promotion were up front about the team this year so nobody can really complain. That said if we're going to try and build a team that can develop into a useful side it would, in theory at least, have made more sense to sign younger riders and perhaps try and develop some assets for the future. You have to fear we'll be starting from scratch again in 12 months time.

The main problem with this side is that most of the riders signed are beyond their peak years and will probably struggle to retain their starting averages. Given we could well be under the limit anyway that is, on paper at least, a real worry.  The tactical rules this year will make it harder as teams will be able to bring their top riders in for extra rides when 6 points down which will expose our lack of top end strength. That's assuming we are ever 6 points up of course!

Time will tell but this side looks like it will struggle badly on the road and possibly at home on occasions. Absolutely not the fault of the riders who I'm sure will give everything and will be determined to prove people wrong. Wish them the best of luck but fear it's going to be a real struggle for points and could get ugly at times against the stronger teams. Hope I'm wrong.

Your assuming we will be ahead in some matches then!!! Bold statement:blink::blink:

Of the riders mentioned (Hansen, Graversen or Roynon), I would rather have Hansen or Graversen, Roynon is a crash waiting to happen and is shocking around Brough.

Edited by diamond@heart

I thought George would have a bit more pride in his beloved Diamonds than to put out a side like this in their name.

I guess you spend your money on a good team and hope the fans come or don't spend the money and know they wont.

10 minutes ago, semion said:

I thought George would have a bit more pride in his beloved Diamonds than to put out a side like this in their name.

I guess you spend your money on a good team and hope the fans come or don't spend the money and know they wont.

I hear what your saying but I think one of the main problems has been the number of riders who would have been signed by the Diamonds (Lewis Rose being a prime example) who have signed for Polish teams and will probably never get a ride.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, semion said:

The difficulty is spend your money on who. There is virtually no-one to sign and Poland has a rule of a 9 man pool, but the team with Hancock, Rose and Kus has 14 riders stockpiled. That in parts has caused a shortage. My way out would have been to go for a new 5.2 rider, and hope he comes good, and a bigger signing into the season when someone gets disallusioned with Poland, and is looking for another income stream. It might be starting low, but there will be opportunities to restrengthen as time goes on. It's got to be remembered we started later than everyone else, and with lesser money probably, so there was always signs we would be limited as to who we could sign. Hang on for the early days and see what pans out but we still should have faith in George and Martin as both of them will not want a poor team for very long. Have faith. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Last ave. for Roynon I can source is 5.12, which would put him in the main body, but with 5 reserves it will be like musical chairs, I would think ;)

adam left workington with an average of 5.12 . he did not take part in enough meetings to get a proper average , but his average had dropped way down . we replaced him with that pillock sarj , who then gave us a masterclass in average fixing . if we had kept adam in the team he would have been @ reserve and adam being adam could have upped his average quite a bit . but he didnt get the chance !

we thought we were getting a decent rider in for adam. but all he did was average fix for the rest of the season . sarj from 5.12 to 3.33 says it all . sarj says he is going to double his average in 2018 . lets face it, if he does there will be no shocks from the people of workington who suffered the form of this so called sportsman . 

adam 2 reserve could do a job and deserves another chance , where as the other  fecker dosent deserve sod all from speedway . shambles of a speedway rider and a cheat to workington speedway ..we wont have long to wait to see sarj as he is down with Glasgow @ workington in the 2nd fixture of the season . 

hope you get a full team out before the official fixtures kick in .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2