British Speedway Forum

Josh was always the lad to beat when on their little MX machines over twenty years ago. I always thought he was destined for greatness. 

I cannot put my finger on why whilst riding a reserve last year he only managed an away average of 4.00 and an overall of just 4.68. 

I’m wondering if Lemon went for Starke because even though his average is only slightly higher at 5.08 he attained it whilst riding in the main body of the team, where he will be for these forthcoming fixtures?

He might be of the opinion it’s harder in the top five?

6 minutes ago, ouch said:

Josh was always the lad to beat when on their little MX machines over twenty years ago. I always thought he was destined for greatness. 

I cannot put my finger on why whilst riding a reserve last year he only managed an away average of 4.00 and an overall of just 4.68. 

I’m wondering if Lemon went for Starke because even though his average is only slightly higher at 5.08 he attained it whilst riding in the main body of the team, where he will be for these forthcoming fixtures?

He might be of the opinion it’s harder in the top five?

Yes you may be right it is only a short term solution until Damian comes back from injury,  for me Auty is a better rider than Starke certainly at home be interesting to see it pans out.

I think it speaks volumes that Auty is on an average just over four and a half yet wasn't picked up by anybody in the Premiership. He is just far too inconsistent for me especially out of the gate although I agree that he would have scored well at Belle Vue.....trouble is there are seven other tracks in the league.

Starke the better option for me and as somebody has already said he achieved his average in a top five rather than from reserve.

• Like 3

Ditto everything Bagpuss has said.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Cook having a bad day in Poland. 

2 Pts from 4 rides!!! 

Hope he sorts it out for his sake. 

:rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 & 9 has also seen a slow start in the UK. Craig has changed his back room set up massively so I’m putting it down to early teething problems. 

The people he has now should be able to react quickly and they will be aware more than Craig how cut throat the Poles can be. 

I’ll remain optimistic for now. 

7 minutes ago, ouch said:

7 & 9 has also seen a slow start in the UK. Craig has changed his back room set up massively so I’m putting it down to early teething problems. 

The people he has now should be able to react quickly and they will be aware more than Craig how cut throat the Poles can be. 

I’ll remain optimistic for now. 

?????

4 hours ago, poolebolton said:

2 Pts from 4 rides!!! 

So typical Cook in Poland performance then.

4 hours ago, poolebolton said:

2 Pts from 4 rides!!! 

As long as he performs in Britain, thats all that concerns me TBH

• Like 1

Exactly, I don't think too many people are particularly fussed with how their riders do in Poland or anywhere else for that matter.

Watched Cook's heats on youtube and he did look to be some way off the pace, just didn't seem to have any speed. Hope he gets it right as it could dent his confidence a bit. I wonder if he has made any significant changes to his bikes over the winter?

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly, I don't think too many people are particularly fussed with how their riders do in Poland or anywhere else for that matter.

I do think there is interest with this being Craig's first time as a GP rider. It well known he suffers from depression too so if things fail in Poland and a poor GP showing it could see him throw it all in. Last season he went AWOL with his issues. There will be fears things could become to much for him and affect his position with Belle Vue. 

• Like 2

I think its quite possible the GPs will be a step too far for Cookie,

but after the effort he's put into BV, and British speedway in general 

He certainly deserves his crack at the big boys,

wish we had more riders like him 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 4