British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

What Would You Change In Speedway Next Season?

I'd like to see a proper rest for the tapes. Watch a match on TV & you will see a traffic cone with a stick stuffed into it holding the tapes when windy.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a proper rest for the tapes. Watch a match on TV & you will see a traffic cone with a stick stuffed into it holding the tapes when windy.

I could do with a proper rest meself :D

It would have to be a Kelvin Tatum endorsed 'proper Speedway' rest. ;)

• Like 2

It would have to be a Kelvin Tatum endorsed 'proper Speedway' rest. ;)

He would just call the cone a tapeometer...
  • Like 1

It's far too easy to say relax work permits or bring in more riders etc pretty sure we'd all like another 50 young kids on a production line but more needs to be done to develope them in the first place but if bspa act now they could have a good 20-30+ new riders in the sport within 5 years

Already underway and starting to produce the goods, where have you been. Easy making statements to others but it has been stated time and time again what Neil Vatcher has been doing for the last few years. How about attending a British Youth Championship round somewhere near you, you might be impressed. Look in the 'Young Brits' website or in the forward fixture list published in the BSPA panel. It's not a secret.

• Like 2

Look at the first 5 words you've put in bold text

Look at my post and read what I have said. It is being done and is getting better every year.

Already underway and starting to produce the goods, where have you been. Easy making statements to others but it has been stated time and time again what Neil Vatcher has been doing for the last few years. How about attending a British Youth Championship round somewhere near you, you might be impressed. Look in the 'Young Brits' website or in the forward fixture list published in the BSPA panel. It's not a secret.

The good work which has been done over the past few years has now started to show fruition. Look at Tom Brennan, Kyle Bickley, Jordan Jenkins who have come through this season. Drew Kemp and Jason Edwards will come through next season. Fantastic work. Hopefully even more in the pipeline. It would be great to expand numbers and give the set up as much help as possible.

My own wish is that every team would have some sort of junior team, NJL, MDL, SJL type and a junior meeting would take place after every meeting, even if it meant racing against the same team on a few occasions, because it would probably have to be regionalised to cut down on costs. The more track time young riders get the better. And you would be surprised at how many fans actually stay behind to watch the yongsters.

• Like 3

The good work which has been done over the past few years has now started to show fruition. Look at Tom Brennan, Kyle Bickley, Jordan Jenkins who have come through this season. Drew Kemp and Jason Edwards will come through next season. Fantastic work. Hopefully even more in the pipeline. It would be great to expand numbers and give the set up as much help as possible.

My own wish is that every team would have some sort of junior team, NJL, MDL, SJL type and a junior meeting would take place after every meeting, even if it meant racing against the same team on a few occasions, because it would probably have to be regionalised to cut down on costs. The more track time young riders get the better. And you would be surprised at how many fans actually stay behind to watch the yongsters.

Am excellent post showing what more could be done

Where to start?

One professional league (of 18 hopefully), riding against every other team once at home and once away.

Racing on the same 3 or possibly 4 fixed nights, avoiding the bigger leagues in Europe.

Ending of doubling up - it is a complete farce, and we do not have to accept it is here to stay.

Riders to be contracted to the club they ride for - none of this, 'but he is an asset of'.

More emphasis on getting through meetings quicker, by reducing the faffing about after restarts etc.

Generally more emphasis being placed on keeping the paying public happy and informed.

Track covers to be compulsory, there is always a way.

More being done to make the speedway an event.

More being done to get meetings on in the warm summer months.

The ending of replaying cup matches - have a golden heat or heats.

The ending on the tactical ride, if you are getting stuffed, you are getting stuffed.

Go back to a bonus point for winning on aggregate the home and away matches against each team.

• Like 2