British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

24 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

So we had the Hokey Cokey cup, now we have a Hokey Cokey team, shambles.

shambles ain't the word   looks like a long long season ahead  ,said it the other year when they cocked up , sign a decent no1 and  a decent reserve  before anything else

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Very good question. Maybe they realize that the 6pt ruling is both absurd and unfair on loyal British riders...

Agree - just disappointing (if not surprising) that it wasnt all in order before team building was officially started for any team let alone completed by some. :(

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Agree - just disappointing (if not surprising) that it wasnt all in order before team building was officially started for any team let alone completed by some. :(

Agreed, until they announce rules in 2-3 season stints, we will always have this, same old questions every pre-season 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Agreed, until they announce rules in 2-3 season stints, we will always have this, same old questions every pre-season 

Especially when at least a third of the Championship didn’t go to the AGM

• Like 2

If they change the rules the panthers could end up with a good team by default..   The only problem with changing the rules now is maybe a few of the teams that have now been put together will be weaker possibly by default.

What I really want to know though..is why are the rules in speedway so crazy every year....its about time they got shot of the current rule makers and the last lot of rule makers...and give the job so someone or some people that may actually be able to do the job.

Panthers haven't got the bottle to change the team to a good one even if the rules change 

Do you not think so flappy??  other teams may offer a better deal anyway...but I'm guessing the panthers would have a better advantage getting a couple of good riders due to your location.

40 minutes ago, hans fan said:

shambles ain't the word   looks like a long long season ahead  ,said it the other year when they cocked up , sign a decent no1 and  a decent reserve  before anything else

Surely the management must realise this is not good for business generally  with the bottom end signings already made and maybe having to wait 5/6 weeks before they complete the team, not good for prospective new season ticket holders  or indeed those renewing there's. I can't see it being a record breaking season ticket sales what ever spin they put on it . Just wish management would not just listen to fans but take notice as well. Every year we seem to build from the bottom  and every year we have to make changes because they keep getting it wrong. In future why don't we try building from the top first .I just can't get any enthusiasm about the riders signed so far and I don't think I am alone , very disappointed in the lack of imagination shown by management.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If they change the rules the panthers could end up with a good team by default..   The only problem with changing the rules now is maybe a few of the teams that have now been put together will be weaker possibly by default.

What I really want to know though..is why are the rules in speedway so crazy every year....its about time they got shot of the current rule makers and the last lot of rule makers...and give the job so someone or some people that may actually be able to do the job.

Surely the answer is to have rules and them stick to them for several years. Constant tinkering and change has cock up and self interest written all over it. Same old crap about a positive meeting to take speedway forward before the realisation of the detail sinks in and the arguments start for the next few months.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Especially when at least a third of the Championship didn’t go to the AGM

id say some promoters dont have the time to travel abroad for a meeting that is dictated by promoters who hold high positions in the sport

this is british speedway the meeting should be held in britten and it should involve all who want to take part the following season

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Surely the answer is to have rules and them stick to them for several years. Constant tinkering and change has cock up and self interest written all over it. Same old crap about a positive meeting to take speedway forward before the realisation of the detail sinks in and the arguments start for the next few months.

I've said it before...rules should have a minimum of say a 5 season cycle....that way everyone knows where they stand....clubs, riders., fans.  

A ten year cycle would be even better...clubs may then invest in young riders more.

• Like 1

It shouldn’t even happen that often, once every 3 years, have a business plan almost and work to that. Instead of just confusing the hell out of  everyone every year

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Surely the answer is to not let make the rules at all, they just are not trustworthy and competent to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Do you not think so flappy??  other teams may offer a better deal anyway...but I'm guessing the panthers would have a better advantage getting a couple of good riders due to your location.

Sadly not it appears we've gone back to signing friends of the club again.