British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Where has this come from? Would be a good signing but as a 2nd heat leader[/quo

He wont stay at Poole and wants to remain in south of England. Live with Matt still, Somerset would be most likely .poole and Somerset get along quite well(you have lots of our assets) Wright and Josh G. Have another one?

Would make your team better.

Does Somerset promotion know this?

Probably,Gary may has Poole connections

Hans produced two little master classes at the OTA this last season. Several brilliant rides to keep the opposition out. He is real class (and nasty with it when he wants).

He’d be a great signing for the Rebels.

Never agreed with this old adage. The customer is not always right, but they are always the customer and should be treated as such.

As I see it, several riders couldnt care less attitude is rubbing off on the supporters. Doubling up was permitted to support those that couldnt make one league pay. Too many (not all) appear to have forgotten this and are now taking the pi$$. Doubling up should be limited to British riders only. Sink or swim Johnny.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 2

Hans produced two little master classes at the OTA this last season. Several brilliant rides to keep the opposition out. He is real class (and nasty with it when he wants).

He’d be a great signing for the Rebels.

I haven't witnessed him this season at the OTA but he has been a class rider for many years and would be a good signing. I follow Hans on Twitter and he is always honest in his opinion of himself as to how he performed which i also like.

If the fans called for a cheaper night then haven't booked tickets it must be annoying for the promoter? She is telling you the whole story not just saying it's cancelled, no surmising, you know exactly why it's cancelled.

I think there is another point of view - read the language she used it's just not necessary and will alienate many supporters -its a shocking way to speak to your punters and terrible PR. I can't believe it's still on the website. Who uses words like 'if the fans can't be bothered' - seriously, its terrible.

Fans have paid hundreds of pounds this year to support their club with a ridiculous fixture list and multiple guests per meeting and deserve better than this ! Prices have gone up considerably for a family. Many haven't moaned, we have just turned up and paid our money to support our club each week win lose or draw - and I for one will continue to do so.

A lot of fans will lose goodwill with the promotion unless this is retracted and an apology is forthcoming .

With Speedway in this Country generally on the decline you don't want to give fans a reason to not bother attending.

• Like 2

Well I may aswell start it most teams have a 2018 fan section.any thoughts on team for next year ?

Fantastic to see the 2018 thread started with the use of the confederate flag Coomie, :D:t::t::t::t::t:

• Like 1

All this serves to highlight the fact that, these days, there is no bond between riders and fans, riders and promoters, fans and promoters, like there always used to be

That will only return with some stability in the make up of teams, not by the continued acquisition of journeyman riders, who don't really build up any strong relationship with the clubs they ride for

Remember the good old days at Brandon when the riders all lived locally, rode for Bees year in year out, mixed with fans in the bars after meetings - and that was replicated around the country

I too have rose tinted glasses - but lessons ought to be learnt from the past, and particularly from 1964/65

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1

I think there is another point of view - read the language she used it's just not necessary and will alienate many supporters -its a shocking way to speak to your punters and terrible PR. I can't believe it's still on the website. Who uses words like 'if the fans can't be bothered' - seriously, its terrible.

Fans have paid hundreds of pounds this year to support their club with a ridiculous fixture list and multiple guests per meeting and deserve better than this ! Prices have gone up considerably for a family. Many haven't moaned, we have just turned up and paid our money to support our club each week win lose or draw - and I for one will continue to do so.

A lot of fans will lose goodwill with the promotion unless this is retracted and an apology is forthcoming .

With Speedway in this Country generally on the decline you don't want to give fans a reason to not bother attending.

Debbie & Co. took a very brave decision to move up a league in 2017 the promise of star riders leading visiting teams (& attracting extra punters) very rarely happened....... basically they were sh-t on week on week. Huge amounts of money was lost with star riders missing they must have been so glad to see the season end....... the shenanigans with the presentations do must have been the final straw! P.S. It is worth noting that punters that did attend had brilliant racing served up week on week throughout 2017 ..... a credit to the promotion & track staff.

• Like 2

Debbie & Co. took a very brave decision to move up a league in 2017 the promise of star riders leading visiting teams (& attracting extra punters) very rarely happened....... basically they were sh-t on week on week. Huge amounts of money was lost with star riders missing they must have been so glad to see the season end....... the shenanigans with the presentations do must have been the final straw! P.S. It is worth noting that punters that did attend had brilliant racing served up week on week throughout 2017 ..... a credit to the promotion & track staff.

Not doubting the racing served up Chris its always first class -just don't score an own goal with PR as per the clubs statement.

Yep they own his riding contract

Who's ? Garry Mays ? !!! :D

Edited by Aroundtheboards