British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I understand the views about the vulnerability of the new young riders, but it is my opinion that most of the fault lies with the BSPA who

this year ( and probably in the past too) engineered a silly low team building average making it certain that some teams would have to employ

young riders who are not ready.  Not all promoters discard riders easily.  But they are few and far between..   If this year the points average would have been a healthy 42.5

then all the capable riders now without team places would have a job while some of the no hopers at 6 & 7 would still be attending training schools where they belong.

You make a very fair case and there are probably just enough riders out of work in the wings that could have swapped in for one of the 3 pointers per side if teams had chosen to build that way? There is also a very strong possibility that promotions would have spread the additional points over the 1-5 and still named newbies at reserve and potentially put 5 pointers out of work? Lets not forget some sides still struggled to build to the limit. Averages will continue to be false until the BSPA agree a limit and stick to it for a set number of years rather than continually fluctuating.

21 hours ago, East End Fan said:

.   If this year the points average would have been a healthy 42.5

then all the capable riders now without team places would have a job while some of the no hopers at 6 & 7 would still be attending training schools where they belong.

Development Leagues. You need to serve a season in the MDL etc. at least before becoming good enough for the NL; a DL superstar will still struggle at NL level, just as a NL no.1 can struggle as a Championship reserve. The fact is, unless they have been racing in motorcross etc., a rider progresses ftom training sessions (not 'schools') to amateur racing to Development Leagues to NL.

7 hours ago, *JJ said:

Development Leagues. You need to serve a season in the MDL etc. at least before becoming good enough for the NL

Tell that to Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Jordan Jenkins,  Kyle Bickley, Henry Atkins, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint etc etc

Edited by WalterPlinge

17 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Tell that to Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Jordan Jenkins,  Kyle Bickley, Henry Atkins, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint etc etc

They spent years coming up through the Junior speedway system, although the first time I saw Bewley, Bickley and Kemp was at amateur meetings.

Edited by *JJ

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

They spent years coming up through the Junior speedway system, although the first time I saw Bewley, Bickley and Kemp was at amateur meetings.

None of them came through a year in the MDL as you said everyone should.  Bewley only sat on a speedway bike for the first time about 5 months before making his NL debut.

How can Extance’s average be 4.12? He last ended on 4.48 and signed for Eastbourne last year on 4.48. 

On 3/30/2018 at 8:00 PM, fubar said:

I'm sorry that William appears to be taken on and then discarded  whenever the wind changes direction.

Whilst he may not have set the world alight, the lad does seem a genuine trier and I really do hope that, as seems to happen with so many of these youngsters, he doesn't get booted out before he gets the chance to make some kind of a mark.

Hope it works out for the young man.

Sorry to quote my own post but apparently William O'Keefe's time has come to an end and he has been replaced by new cannon fodder in the form of Josh Embleton.

Sorry Josh. Hope you don't end up on Gloomy Road's ever growing slag heap.

Further exciting developments at the Theatre of Darkness include the fact that Adam Isherwood now seems to be billed as team manager rather than just side-kick and the two deceased officials continue to be listed on the website so perhaps there is reincarnation after all.

At least now I'm an ex speedway supporter I won't have to endure any more trips to this dismal dive.

Be seeing you.

59 minutes ago, fubar said:

Sorry to quote my own post but apparently William O'Keefe's time has come to an end and he has been replaced by new cannon fodder in the form of Josh Embleton.

Sorry Josh. Hope you don't end up on Gloomy Road's ever growing slag heap.

Further exciting developments at the Theatre of Darkness include the fact that Adam Isherwood now seems to be billed as team manager rather than just side-kick and the two deceased officials continue to be listed on the website so perhaps there is reincarnation after all.

At least now I'm an ex speedway supporter I won't have to endure any more trips to this dismal dive.

Be seeing you.

Thank god for that!!!!!

Once again Furber you have opened your mouth before engaging your brain, the match is postponed anyway but the reason Josh has been brought in is because Will is not fit after Dislocating his shoulder at the last meeting and you can only replace a 3 pointer with a 3 pointer but what does that matter to people like you who like to have a go at Stoke wether its true or not and you wont be missed at Loomer Road  so Bye

• Like 4

2 hours ago, griffo said:

Once again Furber you have opened your mouth before engaging your brain, the match is postponed anyway but the reason Josh has been brought in is because Will is not fit after Dislocating his shoulder at the last meeting and you can only replace a 3 pointer with a 3 pointer but what does that matter to people like you who like to have a go at Stoke wether its true or not and you wont be missed at Loomer Road  so Bye

I think Josh is a decent addition best unattached 3 pointer I've seen this season beat cuppitt  and butcher round Perry barr i was hoping we might get him in as he seemed to go well at Perry barr was competitive all evening so great move by stoke 

16 hours ago, griffo said:

Once again Furber you have opened your mouth before engaging your brain, the match is postponed anyway

Good of the Stoke Clerk of the Course to explain the reason behind the new signing.  

Could he also explain why the match was "postponed anyway"

Why are Stoke allowed to continually postpone matches on nice dry nights for no apparent reason? I can see a backlog happening again at the end of October in bad weather. 

• Like 2

Surely it’s now time for the officials to call time on this dreadful Stoke promotion and eject them from the League. That might allow Buxton to sign some riders and keep them going. 

At least the Buxton promotion want to run a team and want to fulfil their fixtures.  Unlike this shambles at a stoke year in, year out .

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

Dave Tatum try's hard to run Stoke, But I think it's on a limited budget! He needs to sell-up or give-up & someone else with fresh ideas & more financial clout to come in & rejuvenate Stoke Speedway PLEASE..............