British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Peterborough Ko Cup Final 2nd Leg 26-10-17@7-30ish

From the Ipswich web site:-

Rory Schlein suffered a badly sprained ankle in a crash which has brought his season to an end. The home side have moved to book Scott Nicholls to cover the Australians absence, a booking sure to get fans talking on the terraces as the Ipswich-born rider rides for the side he won the treble with in 1998. Rider replacement continues to be used for Justin Sedgmen at two.

The visitors are without three members of their side for Thursdays clash. Number one Jack Holder is still out with rider replacement being used at one. Pooles James Shanes guests at two for the absent Bradley Wilson-Dean with Jack Parkinson-Blackburn named at number seven for the injured Tom Bacon.

The above states that Holder is still out, and Wilson-Dean is absent. Why not say what the reasons for absence are?

Edited by Blackadder

Fairly certain Holder is already in Australia. He shared a photo on snapchat at 7:45pm UK time and the sun is clearly in it? It's getting harder and harder to defend Holder now😓

Edited by SheffieldTigersFan
  • Like 2

Fairly certain Holder is already in Australia. He shared a photo on snapchat at 7:30pm UK time and the sun is clearly in it? It's getting harder and harder to defend Holder now

My mistake 8:30pm UK time! Whoops!

It's been hard to defend him from the day he thought it was acceptable to miss the four's to ride in Poland. Deserves a long ban IMO .

• Like 9

On another note, being a Sheffield fan and being beaten by the better team (Ipswich) I think I'm rooting for Ipswich in this🙈Peterborough I just get a feeling they won't be able to do it, especially missing their number 1

It's been hard to defend him from the day he thought it was acceptable to miss the four's to ride in Poland. Deserves a long ban IMO .

True true!

You ve got to laugh Scot Nichols rides 1st leg for Peterborough and 2nd leg for Ipswich only in speedway

when asked why not name the real line up then (thanks cookie) you get perhaps still working on it.

So as stands it probably is right unless they can find better over the next 2 days.

You ve got to laugh Scot Nichols rides 1st leg for Peterborough and 2nd leg for Ipswich only in speedway

Almost as funny as Fawlty Towers. You truly couldn't make it up.

Reading your messages Cookie are giving me double vision

👀👀

On another note, being a Sheffield fan and being beaten by the better team (Ipswich) I think I'm rooting for Ipswich in thisPeterborough I just get a feeling they won't be able to do it, especially missing their number 1

True true!

On a personal note I am, really just not bothered anymore , to me it's been the worst season ever at Peterborough , feel for those riders that have made the effort , only to be let down badly by the promotion along with Holder and Wilson-Dean . There would have been more credit in having a weaker team and finishing with wooden spoon than having all the nonsense and cloak and dagger will they wont they ride and a shoddy website that withholds information from fans then think it's acceptable to update the website on the day of meeting . I don't know what has happened with Wilson Dean but clearly something is amiss here that fans are not being told about.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 3