British Speedway Forum

Bridger no thanks, far too unstable mentally, and rides only for himself, not for a team.

Bridger is a good rider and when the mood takes him, very exciting around Lakeside. To be fair he can be a very good team rider, thinking about the way he used to nurse Richard Lawson home at times when Richrad first joined the club and was reserve/second string. But I gave to agree he is not much of a team man most of the time and not all that hot on many away tracks, so although I wouldn't say no to him I agree on balance that Lakeside would be better off without him.

Nothing to do with Mr Worral then

Nope.

course it has got something to do with him.

The team was always going to be dismantled and new faces brought in so no it hasnt anything to do with that.

In saying that it won't have helped and made decisons easier.

On his average Bridger has to be a certainty at Lakeside surely? He can beat the top guys around there, and the top Championship guys with his eyes closed. OK his away form may be erratic but he'll make sure you win home meetings.

just hope all is ok as the rumour is that jon cook was sick after the do the other week

food poisoning or are there underlining issues of which are getting a bit too much

for him ?

I don't know about being sick, but my understanding is that he had a cold which sounds about right to me as he looked rough and his voice was creaking. I don't think there is a major problem

On his average Bridger has to be a certainty at Lakeside surely? He can beat the top guys around there, and the top Championship guys with his eyes closed. OK his away form may be erratic but he'll make sure you win home meetings.

Kennet can do the same job and be more of a team man off track. Lewis has had some really good people around him but never really kicked on. Out of Bridger, Kennet and Lawson,only Lawson has captaincy qualities, but you also need riders that are going to get behind the captain. Kennet is very professional but up and down a bit on confidence. Maybe Lakeside will be good for him at a CL level.

Lawson is the only one that is 100% reliable, Kennet at his best is the best of the three round Lakeside. By guess is that Kelvin Tatum will have a big say in who comes. According to Jon Cook there have been enquiries from riders who have not previously ridden for Lakeside but we don't know who they are or what standard. If Newcastle don't run some decent riders will be looking for jobs, and if Ipswich go up Danny King and Rory Schlein will be looking for CL places both of whom sure play a mean pin ball at Lakeside.

• Like 2

hasnt he just announced he is riding for two u.k. teams in 2018 ?

How can that be for sure, when the rules for next year haven't been agreed yet?

Kerr is on such an average that he's really good value no matter what the limit is... In both leagues

Most of next years rules will already be known to them and agreed.

After all you don't want them wasting time at a meeting or as little time as they can get away with as the sun will be out.

It is the ideal opportunity to top there tans up.

After all you don't want them wasting time at a meeting or as little time as they can get away with as the sun will be out.

Where is the meeting like? I thought it'd be in like Leicester or something lol

Where is the meeting like? I thought it'd be in like Leicester or something lol

Tenerife.

As most in season meetings are held in Rugby then that would be the obvious destination.

As we know, though, it is cold at this time of the year so they will need the heating on. By going to Tenerife, this should not be the case but if they come back with more colour in their cheeks(facial) :oops: , they will have spent more time in the sun than inside sorting out the rules & the way speedway should be run in 2018. Or will that be the alcohol! :drink::drink:

As most in season meetings are held in Rugby then that would be the obvious destination.

As we know, though, it is cold at this time of the year so they will need the heating on. By going to Tenerife, this should not be the case but if they come back with more colour in their cheeks(facial) :oops: , they will have spent more time in the sun than inside sorting out the rules & the way speedway should be run in 2018. Or will that be the alcohol! :drink::drink:

there's nothing to stop them sorting stuff out round the pool, or on a booze cruise,,, so maybe they will be a bit more colourful ;)

Tenerife.

Oooo fancy

there's nothing to stop them sorting stuff out round the pool, or on a booze cruise,,, so maybe they will be a bit more colourful ;)

So the rules aren't just made by stupid people? They're made by a bunch of drunks?