British Speedway Forum

Of course they did. Safe in the knowledge that the bottom four would pass the motion.

Just as they have done in the past. Little doubt Ford or one of his cohorts will have had a word in the ear of one of those lower teams and planted the seed. We've seen it too many times before.

The main team it seems to screw though is Swindon.. Wolves and Belle Vue shouldn't have much of an issue, especially if Wolves can tempt Piotr Pawlicki back. Top three of Lindgren, Masters and Pawlicki, combined with the old tac sub rule would be very strong.

If Wolves were stupid enough to let Pawlicki join Poole... that changes things.

Probably showing my ignorance of the averages here but surely Pawlicki wouldn't be available at an average of less than 8 would he?

• Like 1

Probably showing my ignorance of the averages here but surely Pawlicki wouldn't be available at an average of less than 8 would he?

One of them should be..

Hes about 6.9 from memory.

Stil digesting the GM info, not hugely excited but least all clubs appear to be running in 2018. Must mention though, no more TR - "oh baby, my life begins today!" :party: . Pleased about that....

Edited by Martin Mauger
  • Like 2

Just to clarify, is it just one tac sub permitted for next season?

I'd assume it could be at any time between heats 5 & 14 (except 8) and any time a team is 6 behind.

Like before and in line with Sweden and Poland.

Saw another post suggesting it was once but that's too restrictive.

I'd assume it could be at any time between heats 5 & 14 (except 8) and any time a team is 6 behind.

They'll probably stick to just one. Any more than that and they might have to actually use their brains.

Both Pawlicki's are under 8 from their last stints in the UK. Both valid averages.

They'll probably stick to just one. Any more than that and they might have to actually use their brains.

It's only doing what they used to do before the double points rule was introduced!

• Like 1

Both Pawlicki's are under 8 from their last stints in the UK. Both valid averages.

It's only doing what they used to do before the double points rule was introduced!

You could do as many as you were able to do. Even double tacs were allowed before.

• Like 1

A reasonable AGM in my opinion. The main gripe people seemed to have was around fixture clashes, which has now been addressed. I'm not sure why everyone suddenly thought all the 'stars' would be back as we don't pay them near what they want. There'll be a reasonable smattering of good riders, there's no point in bankrupting clubs by offering silly money.

The T/R is now gone, which is good too.

They'll never please everyone but at least a step in the right direction.

The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get about it. Seriously, what is the point of actually bothering to try and ride well when you just get stuffed up for doing it.

If anyone really wonders why Poole Chuck the odd match away, or Coventry got Chris Harris to drop points to keep his average low, here is the reason. Right here.

You accept that if you are at the top of the league you will have to shed a few points the following year, but for the clubs to vote for something that is going to stuff the enthusiasm of fans at a club like Swindon annoys me so much.

It's not just about team strength, it's about keeping continuity going at a club. Such a shame, and I just hope that whichever rider gets palmed off to one of the happy-voter clubs comes back again.

Of course, nobody from those clubs is bothered about the effect this has on Swindon and their supporters. If ever there was a case for having proper rules that don't change every year as teams make up new ones that suit themselves, this is it.

Well said grachan they wonder why riders hav suspicious e.f's because they know you dont get a job next yr if your average is to high look at danny king and harris allways below 8 every year wonder why they allways get team place on bargain averages then only go up or down by 0.2 or 0.3 lol,and i hope riders who go to other teams on loan go back to there parent club on a reduced average!! Edited by PTW

The tactical sub unpopular for a while because before the double ups young riders were only getting 3 rides where fully established riders were getting 6 7 if r/r was in use, I guess now riders double up that is less of an issue because they get rides elsewhere. Did it used to be a maximum of 3 tactical substitutes with different riders With reserves having to have a minimum of 3 rides. ( I believe the top 5 didn't have a minimum so a main team rider could have just 1 ride. May be wrong though)

Edited by Danny Connor

That was unpopular because before the double ups young riders were only getting 3 rides where fully established riders were getting 6. I guess now riders double up that is less of an issue because they get rides elsewhere. Did it used to be a maximum of 3 riders? With reserves having to have a minimum of 3 rides. ( I believe the top 5 didn't have a minimum so a main team rider could have just 1 ride. May be wrong though)

Reserves have only ever had 3 rides, because the other reserve replaced them.

if it's the same as the old rule once you are 6 points behind you can use any rider in you 1-7 once in between heats 5 and 14 Edited by kingbee
  • Like 1