British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

19 hours ago, magnus said:

Please spread the word about this superb offer, to all season ticket holders across the country for what should be a great meeting. Also a great gesture from the club for a great cause.

Roll on 7pm Saturday.

http://www.workingtoncomets.co/news/article.asp?id=100909

AS MAGNUS SAYS , SPREAD THE WORD. good to see it is also comets season ticket holders as well .

taylorj will be well chuffed :D

so bring yer cash and a hot water bottle , i am B).

CANT WAIT .

edit 29/3/2018.

so looks like Jordan Stewart will miss the Cumberland open due to the good OLD FASHIONED postal service .  in todays modern era , why o why cant they use other methods . cost cutting by British speedway once again . maybe we can get Richard Hall in as a replacement ? what a shame for laura and co. they put together a bunch of great riders . G.P.O. eat my crud .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Any weather update would be very much appreciated for this Saturdays Cumberland Open, as I'm traveling up from Bristol

20 hours ago, sommelier said:

Any weather update would be very much appreciated for this Saturdays Cumberland Open, as I'm traveling up from Bristol

i hope you see a great meeting after coming all that way ..

as topaz says . bring your coat ,gloves, scarf and dont forget your motorcycle . you will be back ..

NEW ENTRY ROUTINE @ DERWENT PARK . PLEASE SEE OFFICIAL SITE FOR DETAILS . so we have to park the car . get entry tickets . double back from entry gate .  re park car and then Q up again to show that you have paid to get into the stadium .. is that correct ?

thats on par with head in bra charging 18.50 . folk will soon get sick of that and not turn up 

so it looks like it will be easier to park the car on the spare bit of ground OUTSIDE the speedway ( saving £2.00 ) and just Q up once  . is that correct dan .?

Edited by jenga
crazy new admission routine !
  • Like 1

Ty Proctor has had to pull out because he hasn't received a document to ride in our league, held up in post though the one for the Premiership has come. Charles Wright has stepped in, shame about Ty but happy with replacement. On Comets website.

Edited by comet49

On 29/03/2018 at 6:08 PM, sommelier said:

Been a bit of rain, fair now and looks to be brightening up. 

Edited by comet49

aye , its a bright morning now . but the downside is that it is a wee bit chilly . maybe heat up later when the big bulb throws some heat out . 

wrap up well!

KFC have move to Derwent park and are employing the staff to do the food etc .:o

just telling it like it is...  pm me ... comet dan ...

Edited by jenga

Went last night to workington for the first time in a long time.  A few observations from me 

Enjoyed the meeting, decent races and some close action. 

Had food in the cafe on back straight. Us at belle vue I thought had the worse food in the whole leagues. I was wrong awful uncooked food. Decent price mind you. 

If that crowd was a sign to come then I'm afraid you will struggle to see out the season. I'd say approx 500-700 people on your opening meeting with a good field assembled  last time I went it was packed. What as gone wrong. 

People that diddnt go missed a good meeting. I enjoyed it. 

44 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Went last night to workington for the first time in a long time.  A few observations from me 

Enjoyed the meeting, decent races and some close action. 

Had food in the cafe on back straight. Us at belle vue I thought had the worse food in the whole leagues. I was wrong awful uncooked food. Decent price mind you. 

If that crowd was a sign to come then I'm afraid you will struggle to see out the season. I'd say approx 500-700 people on your opening meeting with a good field assembled  last time I went it was packed. What as gone wrong. 

People that diddnt go missed a good meeting. I enjoyed it. 

the food was awfull last night

and the "hot" drinks were even worse

absolutly digusting

4 of us went for drinks all got thrrown away and the service was just out of order

looks like nothing was learned last year

burgers and hot dogs with no onions whats that all about

obviously they are running on to low power to get things cooked

and hot drinks need boiled water to make them right

£1.50 for a coffee made with warm water is not on

i hope there public liability insurance is up to date if there gonna carry on like that

and its too be hoped the h&s inspector dont pay a visit

38 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

That was a good crowd for Workington Phil!

id say it was about normal crowd from late but poor for opening night

was hard to follow it being first meeting and hard to pick riders out

maybe first meeting should have been a team event

dan and kyle did ok mixed night for both

kyle had perfect start by gateing in his first rid and held on to lead for a lap or 2 before rene bach passed him but he held 2nd place

then in his last he swapped places with mason campton a couple of times before mason took the win

• Like 2