British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Firstly the positives: Good racing for the 1st meeting of the season.

Bewley, Bickley and Campton impressive,  keep that up and the team will shock a few. Looking forward to watching Bewley and Bickley ride throughout the season

Minimum tractor racing,  continuation of racing with minimum wait.

Negatives:

Start time is 7pm not 7.20 Cold enough without having to stand about a further 20 min   (15. RACING RULES. 15.1 The first heat at each Meeting shall commence at the stated time, except that the Referee only, may delay the start of a Meeting due to weather conditions or other 'force majeure’.)

Food and drinks terrible on back straight, cups tatsed of TCP, people all around me were throwing theirs away, how can you not make a cup of tea or coffee!!Guessing there will be a lot of flasks and sandwiches next week,(lost revenue) I will be taking one for sure.

49 minutes ago, ciderman said:

Firstly the positives: Good racing for the 1st meeting of the season.

Bewley, Bickley and Campton impressive,  keep that up and the team will shock a few. Looking forward to watching Bewley and Bickley ride throughout the season

Minimum tractor racing,  continuation of racing with minimum wait.

Negatives:

Start time is 7pm not 7.20 Cold enough without having to stand about a further 20 min   (15. RACING RULES. 15.1 The first heat at each Meeting shall commence at the stated time, except that the Referee only, may delay the start of a Meeting due to weather conditions or other 'force majeure’.)

Food and drinks terrible on back straight, cups tatsed of TCP, people all around me were throwing theirs away, how can you not make a cup of tea or coffee!!Guessing there will be a lot of flasks and sandwiches next week,(lost revenue) I will be taking one for sure.

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

id say it was about normal crowd from late but poor for opening night

was hard to follow it being first meeting and hard to pick riders out

maybe first meeting should have been a team event

dan and kyle did ok mixed night for both

kyle had perfect start by gateing in his first rid and held on to lead for a lap or 2 before rene bach passed him but he held 2nd place

then in his last he swapped places with mason campton a couple of times before mason took the win

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

the food was awfull last night

and the "hot" drinks were even worse

absolutly digusting

4 of us went for drinks all got thrrown away and the service was just out of order

looks like nothing was learned last year

burgers and hot dogs with no onions whats that all about

obviously they are running on to low power to get things cooked

and hot drinks need boiled water to make them right

£1.50 for a coffee made with warm water is not on

i hope there public liability insurance is up to date if there gonna carry on like that

and its too be hoped the h&s inspector dont pay a visit

AND THAT DAN IS WHY YOU NEED TO GET THIS IN ORDER .I TOOK MY YOUNGEST TO THE SPEEDWAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 5+ YEARS (LIVES IN HULL ) WENT TO THE CAFE ON THE BACK STRAIGHT . ORDERED 2 CHEESEBURGERS AND 1 COFFE .THEY SAID AFTER TAKING MY CASH IT WOULD BE A FEW MINS . MISSED 4/5 RACES + THE INTERVAL . WORK THAT OUT TIME WISE.!.. 1 BURGER DID COME . BUT I PAID AND ORDERED 2 . COFFEE WAS RANK . LEFT IT ON THE TABLE ALONG WITH OTHER  UN TOUCHED TEAS AND COFFEES . £8.50 FOR UNCOOKED WARM FOOD . . GOT MY MONEY BACK FOR THE BURGERS . CHILD WAS NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL . 

SO WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY , GET FRESH WATER IN , BOTTLES AND NOT THE SEWERAGE WATER THAT COMES THROUGH THE OLD PIPES . BOIL THE ARSE OUT OF THE WATER AND KEEP BOILING IT THROUGHOUT THE MEETING . WHEN YOU SELL AN ITEM , REPLACE IT IN THE COOKER ! TO BE COOKED . THEY SEEMED MORE INTENT IN GRABBING YOUR MONEY THAN SERVING UP FOOD YOU CAN ACTUALLY EAT . 

STAFF WISE . GET SOME PEOPLE IN WHO CAN COOK AND NOT KFC CASTAWAYS . 

SO DAN. YOU MUST REACT TO THIS OR CLOSE THE CAFE DOWN . ITS ON A LOOSER  UNLES YOU NIP IT IN THE BUD, NOW .YOUR SPEEDWAY FOOD FROM THIS OUTLET WAS S H I T . 

Edited by jenga

12 hours ago, jenga said:

KFC have move to Derwent park and are employing the staff to do the food etc .:o

just telling it like it is...  pm me ... comet dan ...

MISSED MY OWN POST OFF 

AT THE END OF THE DAY , IT IS BETTER TO THROW AWAY COOKED FOOD AT THE END OF THE NIGHT THAN SERVE MUSH TO THE PAYING PUBLIC .

BIG TIP .GET SOME MC DONALDS STYLE MICROWAVABLE FOOD IN . 30 SECONDS AND DING , ITS DONE . AT LEAST YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EAT IT .

just realised , i got charge £3.oo for 1 coffee . robbers as well .

now where did i put that flask ?

Edited by jenga

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting last night, and absolute respect for getting the meeting so swiftly through. Was back in the hotel having a pint 9.20pm!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting last night, and absolute respect for getting the meeting so swiftly through. Was back in the hotel having a pint 9.20pm!

Just as well you never bought a burger or you would have been getting a stomach pump at 9.30 pm going by what the regulars are commenting on.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Just as well you never bought a burger or you would have been getting a stomach pump at 9.30 pm going by what the regulars are commenting on.

Unfortunately the gastronomic side of food as never been a strong point at speedway venues!

31 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Unfortunately the gastronomic side of food as never been a strong point at speedway venues!

Ever been to Scunny?

last year the cafe started off good

after a few problems and a few supply and demand issues ie not stocking what the punters asked for it went down hill

but even at its worst last year it was like a 5 start compared to last night

i susspect we wont get any reaction on this forum from anyone at workington speedway which is why the crowds are reducing all the time

unfortunatly laura is pasionate but as for the others well best not say what i think of them

Used to get good stuff from the mobile eatery on the first bend, judging by these comments they'd have made a killing last night?

30 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Used to get good stuff from the mobile eatery on the first bend, judging by these comments they'd have made a killing last night?

there was a big Q at that outlet . now we know why .

as scaramanga said in his post . we will not hear a jot about the poor food that was server ed  up last night .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

and it started late . with 20 heats on the programme !

and none of us has comented on the disaster of the new ticket system

thats not a great idea is it for getting anywhere except the grandstand 

anyone going bends or back straight has to squeeze past the que for food at whats probably a better food outlet from what im told

Edited by scaramanga
because i wanted to
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

Andersons and Granty's at Berwick last few seasons have been excellent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scaramanga said:

and none of us has comented on the dibecause i wanted to

saster of the new ticket system

thats not a great idea is it for getting anywhere except the grandstand 

anyone going bends or back straight has to squeeze past the que for food at whats probably a better food outlet from what im told

If you are meaning the mobile van on the grandstand side , it was rubbish,  I missed 5 heats waiting for food , they’d ran out of chips . Got 2 burgers ended up taking them back as they weren’t cooked , missed another 2 heats waiting for replacements. Someone said last night they were being tested out so let’s hope they get better . The new ticket system will be fine , will stop anyone getting in without paying , more control it .

who does the van on grandstand side now then

i take it its all down to same people as the people doing it last year were told they wernt required this year  i was actually refering to the ones who ran it last year (had forgot it has changed)

absolute disaster

we are going to be the laughing stock off the league if they continue to ruin everything about what was once a great event on a saturday night

Edited by scaramanga