British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2018

maybe not having many meetings in the next 2 months tipped the scales but other than that one race on tv i didn't think it did him any favours last year , i thought he had found the travelling a bit much , perhaps he's got more help this time . good luck to him though . 

6 minutes ago, gee jay said:

maybe not having many meetings in the next 2 months tipped the scales but other than that one race on tv i didn't think it did him any favours last year , i thought he had found the travelling a bit much , perhaps he's got more help this time . good luck to him though . 

riding for sheffield last season certainly showed us that he has the ability to succeed in the 2nd tier,was taken in on the terraces at owlerton as a fine prospect and i know most were dissapointed when he was not in our starting line up. but i know what you mean about the travelling. 

if you liked him last year you'll love him this year. if he's got either a spanner man or a driver it will be a real help as i believe he was doing it all himself last year. hope he does well tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Id also heard that rumour although as i feel Wood was the one rider least likely to be happy about it im not surprised he has found a higher tier club. I also suspect if such rulings are to remain in place at Arlington it will be Woods last season with the Eagles

I've enjoyed the NL whilst we've  been in it, but although I don't think it'll happen, really hope we go up to the championship  next year otherwise we'll probably lose the likes of Wood and Brennen. Would we get much bigger crowd's, not sure, but no dought the call and probably need for lower costs in the NL and more than likely a lower points limit next year would probably reduce crowd's, not sure I could justify the 100 mile round trip with 4 of us to watch 2nd half quality racing having done the journey for 20 years.

Doubling up should be a given for NL to CL as it’s where riders can get much needed experience.

If the CL is reduced points wise then it may be more attractive to Eastbourne but at the moment I think it’s way too strong and too expensive.

• Like 1

Just now, GWC said:

Doubling up should be a given for NL to CL as it’s where riders can get much needed experience.

If the CL is reduced points wise then it may be more attractive to Eastbourne but at the moment I think it’s way too strong and too expensive.

Unfortunately I think you're right.

Wood certainly has more about him than some other riders currently doubling up for the NL.

If this season goes to plan then they will be vieing with Mildenhall for the title and need to use that as a spring board to high things.

The down side will be more results like the Kent meeting on Saturday!

Just hope there's not too many fixture clashes as it's always the NL team who loses out.

I thought the dugards said they didn't want riders doubling up in 2018 ?

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Just hope there's not too many fixture clashes as it's always the NL team who loses out.

Only one fixture clash as it stands I believe..

7 minutes ago, M.D said:

Only one fixture clash as it stands I believe..

Yes did have a quick look, I think against Plymouth away in August, hopefully doesn't affect us nearer the sharp end.

Edited by gazzac

Sheffield - no interest to me

Championship - no interest to me

Sheffield have come in late for Wood = in my view - priority for Eastbourne every time.

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Sheffield - no interest to me

Championship - no interest to me

Sheffield have come in late for Wood = in my view - priority for Eastbourne every time.

Art 19.7.3 and Art 16.1 give priority to CL meetings over NDL meetings.

http://www.britishspeedway.co/2018_speedway_regulations_online.pdf

17 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 19.7.3 and Art 16.1 give priority to CL meetings over NDL meetings.

http://www.britishspeedway.co/2018_speedway_regulations_online.pdf

Thanks Neil. I did know. That's the frustration. 

The top two leagues look to the NL (I don't accept NDL) to provide riders but it should not be at the expense of the fans of NL clubs.

Doubling up/down/sideways is utter rubbish and just short changes the fans.

I am sure you understand how most speedway fans in the UK regard the running of British speedway.

It is total and utter pants (polite word used to avoid being banned).

My observations are that a large percentage of fans have walked away this year: one cannot be surprised.

The trouble is, whatever you and your colleagues do next – the vast majority will not come back.

To add:

A rider should ride for one club

If they want to move - ask for a transfer

Come to a proper agreement to allow the move to go ahead - within the transfer windows

Or is that far too simple for those who control speedway?

After all, a Peterborough footballer does not also play for Burnley.

Why should a speedway rider ride for two clubs.

If the answer is that they cannot make a living - the REAL answer is go semi-pro.

Edited by Richard Weston