British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

3 hours ago, spanner47 said:

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, I've looked at the majority of pages and haven't seen anything about the dreaded "J" word. With a two day final I suspect they'll want to keep it as close as possible. I haven't gone through this with a fine tooth comb, but I suppose the scores from the first day get added to the second, so if they continue to embarrass the sport by using this awful thing, will each team that falls behind be able to use it on both days? 

How would a Joker work in a format where no team has an equal number of rides at any stage until the end of each day?

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

How would a Joker work in a format where no team has an equal number of rides at any stage until the end of each day?

THERE is no joker

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

JETTISONING Cook at this stage is extraordinary but sadly symptomatic of the appalling state that British speedway now finds itself in. 

10 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT is also a kick in the teeth for those fans (already many making their voices heard on social media) who bought tickets for BV on the basis of seeing Cook there.

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE is no joker

I don't know Phil, take those three quotes and it's pretty obvious there is a joker and its the new all singing all dancing PROFESSIONAL GB Speedway Team

NOT

What a disgraceful way to treat any rider

Edited by Star Lady
edited it and deleted the word NOT, didnt notice until Phil quoted so have reinserted it

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

I don't know Phil, take those three quotes and it's pretty obvious there is a joker and its the new all singing all dancing PROFESSIONAL GB Speedway Team

NOT

LIKE it ...

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE is no joker

Oh dear.....

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

JETTISONING Cook at this stage is extraordinary but sadly symptomatic of the appalling state that British speedway now finds itself in. 

One could say jettisoning the SWC is symptomatic of the appalling state of the FIM and world speedway

• Like 2

Just now, iris123 said:

Oh dear.....

One could say jettisoning the SWC is symptomatic of the appalling state of the FIM and world speedway

I HAVE an open mind and we only have to wait just over a week to know whether or not it works. What I do know is that many riders who are taking part are very excited by it, not least Messrs Laguta and Sayfutdinov. If that generates excitement on the track and entertains the fans then it could have a future.

22 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Why? He's just pulled out of this week's fixtures with exhaustion. Clearly a risk, and there is a ready made replacement in Lambert,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

You are right.   If it is true that the TM only sent a text to inform the rider maybe its time Rossiter was asked to leave the job after this season is over.   There is no excuse for that.

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Why? He's just pulled out of this week's fixtures with exhaustion. Clearly a risk, and there is a ready made replacement in Lambert,

So you would be happy to be sacked by text? Fair enough if they have doubts as to his fitness that's their perogative but FFS do the man the courtesy of actually dialling his number and speaking to him. Remember this is a man who is proud to wear the Union Flag on his chest unconditionally, no ifs, no buts, no only if you do it my way. Cookie is red, white and blue right thro. Makes you wonder what price loyalty.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

So you would be happy to be sacked by text? Fair enough if they have doubts as to his fitness that's their perogative but FFS do the man the courtesy of actually dialling his number and speaking to him. Remember this is a man who is proud to wear the Union Flag on his chest unconditionally, no ifs, no buts, no only if you do it my way. Cookie is red, white and blue right thro. Makes you wonder what price loyalty.

LIKE that too...  you are on a roll.

Question for you Phillip, who gets the profits (or as probably the case now) the loss from the BV round of the comp? Please tell me it's not Belle Vue.

17 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I agree he should be spoken to, although he never said he was sacked by text, he said it was "confirmed" by text - so a bit inconclusive.

Why was nobody up in arms when Robert Lambert was dropped from the team originally?

Regarding the decision, though, Cook had already pulled out of a match this Thursday due to this, while Lambert was rocking and rolling at Rye House. It's obvious that the manager would have second thoughts in that situstion.

With respect to texting, though, it's not a good way of telling someone. I agree.

Edited by Grachan

18 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I agree he should be spoken to, although he never said he was sacked by text, he said it was "confirmed" by text - so a bit inconclusive.

Why was nobody up in arms when Robert Lambert was dropped from the team originally?

Regarding the decision, though, Cook had already pulled out of a match this Thursday due to this, while Lambert was rocking and rolling at Rye House. It's obvious that the manager would have second thoughts in that situstion.

With respect to texting, though, it's not a good way of telling someone. I agree.

LAMBERT wasn't dropped. It made sense given that he is under 21 to have him at 'reserve' where he could be used as and when for either of his team-mates. AS I understand it Cook couldn't ride for seven days after withdrawing from the BV match on Monday.

23 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Question for you Phillip, who gets the profits (or as probably the case now) the loss from the BV round of the comp? Please tell me it's not Belle Vue.

BSI I would imagine