British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

Only trouble is Nicki and Madsen won’t ride for one reason or the other,so Denmark are weakened.Might even be another who won’t ride.......

How much longer will Hans Nielsen keep his job as Denmark team manager?

• Like 2

I think I’ve got to the point where I’m not really bothered about if this Great Britain venture works or not but one thing I am curious about is how is it going to be funded ? All the ideas talked about cost money and mr painter says it will be self funded ,so where is the income coming from ?

• Like 1

Could it be, after all the failed attempts to find it's location, that the Magic Money Tree has been found? I too can't see how this grand plan is going to  come off. It all sounds great but seems to have little or no substance. Fingers crossed that  the Great Britain Speedway Team is not only noticed more than it had been under it's other illegal moniker but that it manages some results which improve it's support. Are Test Matches with other countries really going to appear in the UK? In the crowded world speedway fixture list of today?

15 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I think I’ve got to the point where I’m not really bothered about if this Great Britain venture works or not but one thing I am curious about is how is it going to be funded ? All the ideas talked about cost money and mr painter says it will be self funded ,so where is the income coming from ?

Must admit I thought the same thing. Race suits, bike covers, personal trainers, nutritionists, health care, rehabilitation, training camps, away test matches, hotels, travel etc Its all money going out without any money coming in. Another input other teams get is mechanical assistance, also not cheap

16 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

One or more of the following perhaps: Sponsorship, partnerships, cash wash, merchandise, fundraising events, crowd funding, murder mystery night, Team GBFC, corporate prawn sandwich meet 'n' greets?

Looking the best team of ultimate athletes with the best equipment isn’t going to mean jack unless you get results 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattK said:

One or more of the following perhaps: Sponsorship, partnerships, cash wash, merchandise, fundraising events, crowd funding, murder mystery night, Team GBFC, corporate prawn sandwich meet 'n' greets?

And 50/50 raffle

• Like 1