British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick v Workington. Championship Shield 5/5/18

8 hours ago, jenga said:

so looking at that result , workington are better than lakeside and  Glasgow . ! appy daze ..

Going by that rationale you could be right but only until next Sunday when you wont.

Give you a few day's wallowing in your self proclaimed supremacy but only for a few day's and then you won't.

2 hours ago, bandigo said:

Perhaps the shale blowing up from the track got in the refs eyes on a couple of occasions. 2 howlers by her yet again!!! John Lindman has been a disaster just hope now that he is In reserve he doesn't start costing us points as a low scoring one! Well done to the Gap following his move into the main body of the team.

Berwick didn't seem to get much.

Both Berwick riders warned when they moved 2nd and 4th before the tapes went up (as seen by Kev's reaction when he came to the tapes for the re-run).

If it was Jakobsen to blame, why was the race not just allowed to continue as he was in last place and the front 2 were not involved. 

Not sure why Jye was excluded.

Morris got away with a flyer in heat 14.

Even Luke in the junior meeting was bouncing of the home straight fence after a coming together (great to see him still get the pass later in the race).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Going by that rationale you could be right but only until next Sunday when you wont.

Give you a few day's wallowing in your self proclaimed supremacy but only for a few day's and then you won't.

take each day as it comes . good or bad .

so whats happening next Sunday then ?

Edited by jenga

16 minutes ago, jenga said:

take each day as it comes . good or bad .

so whats happening next Sunday then ?

Church.

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

Church.

if only speedway was as regular as the church ,they would get more followers !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Berwick didn't seem to get much.

Both Berwick riders warned when they moved 2nd and 4th before the tapes went up (as seen by Kev's reaction when he came to the tapes for the re-run).

If it was Jakobsen to blame, why was the race not just allowed to continue as he was in last place and the front 2 were not involved. 

Not sure why Jye was excluded.

Morris got away with a flyer in heat 14.

Even Luke in the junior meeting was bouncing of the home straight fence after a coming together (great to see him still get the pass later in the race).

Yep,was a bit hairy for the lad as young stoney shut the door on him. Didn’t faze him though 

• Thanks 1

Must admit I was disappointed in young Kyle Bickley in both meeting though he would have been up with pace a bit more,maybe had mechanical issues!.

Don’t know what was a worse decision, the NBJ one in heat 11, it seemed to me that Jensen rode into the back of him and even if it was his fault why stop the race? No one fell, just let them continue and exclude whoever’s fault it was after the race instead of excluding him for being the ‘cause of the stoppage’. Heat 12 where Morris quite clearly rode into Etheridge after picking up grip coming out of bend 2 with Jye getting excluded or heat 14 where Morris jumped and got away with it. So frustrating to watch such an awful referee.

6 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yep,was a bit hairy for the lad as young stoney shut the door on him. Didn’t faze him though 

The junior lads have all shown great progress over the last season or so. 

Great to see them celebrating with the 3rd bend gang and enjoying their laps of honour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

Great to see them celebrating with the 3rd bend gang and enjoying their laps of honour.

Both Luke and Sam love the place and appreciate everyone who stays to watch 

19 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Don’t know what was a worse decision, the NBJ one in heat 11, it seemed to me that Jensen rode into the back of him and even if it was his fault why stop the race? No one fell, just let them continue and exclude whoever’s fault it was after the race instead of excluding him for being the ‘cause of the stoppage’. Heat 12 where Morris quite clearly rode into Etheridge after picking up grip coming out of bend 2 with Jye getting excluded or heat 14 where Morris jumped and got away with it. So frustrating to watch such an awful referee.

The NBJ exclusion I can understand.... just, but the Etheridge decision was barmy. A clear mistake by the referee on that occasion 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sparks123 said:

I remember seeing Leon Flint at Rye House in a junior meeting around 3-4 years ago, he was tiny, but looked pretty decent. I was amazed to see his NJL average last year was below 6.00, he looks to have come on a bundle. Saw him at Armadale a couple of weeks ago where he was head and shoulders above the rest. I notice he’s doing pretty well for Birmingham.  Hopefully a future Bandit. 

Edited by Shadders

45 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I remember seeing Leon Flint at Rye House in a junior meeting around 3-4 years ago, he was tiny, but looked pretty decent. I was amazed to see his NJL average last year was below 6.00, he looks to have come on a bundle. Saw him at Armadale a couple of weeks ago where he was head and shoulders above the rest. I notice he’s doing pretty well for Birmingham.  Hopefully a future Bandit. 

I would say if Leon wants to ride for Berwick then so be it.  My belief is however, is he is a better rider than that and aim for the best deal to further his speedway career . If he continues in the way he has at Birminhgham then all of the senior clubs will be queuing  up to do a deal with him, for his sake he must ignore any sentiment.

57 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I would say if Leon wants to ride for Berwick then so be it.  My belief is however, is he is a better rider than that and aim for the best deal to further his speedway career . If he continues in the way he has at Birminhgham then all of the senior clubs will be queuing  up to do a deal with him, for his sake he must ignore any sentiment.

I have seen dozens of young prospects over the years never progress to levels that their talent suggests,to suggest that he is better than to ride for Berwick at this stage is off the mark.Imo.If he can get good deals elsewhere fair enough,but is there really that much money going about for riders at his level.The sport is on its knees paying over the odds to riders.

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I have seen dozens of young prospects over the years never progress to levels that their talent suggests,to suggest that he is better than to ride for Berwick at this stage is off the mark.Imo.If he can get good deals elsewhere fair enough,but is there really that much money going about for riders at his level.The sport is on its knees paying over the odds to riders.

At 15 he has a whole year at NL level, at that point probably time to look at his aims