Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Still a better rider than Kyle Howarth though Steve, he took him from the back at his home track Sheffield in the WC semi. Also  Auty has more of a chance than Howarth at Belle Vue of mixing it and being a spoiler in the British Final.

Under no logic is Auty better than Howarth. 

2017. Premiership. Howarth 6.64 Auty 4.68 . Championship. Howarth 8.62 Auty 6.90. Howarth miles better in both leagues.

2016. Premiership (elite) Howarth 5.13 Auty 4.90. Championship. Howarth 7.18 Auty 7.01 Not a great deal in it but still Howarth higher than Auty.

in 2 seasons Howarth has been the more improved and better rider. Anyone can make a case of a rider being better than an other by using one meeting or one track.

the days of Auty being classed as a true number one have been long gone. Granted he seems in good form this year and if he maintains it then perhaps there is more to come. Has been on a downward spiral for a couple of seasons so good for him If he has managed to turn things around.and if he does well in the British final good luck to him. It’s what he does over the whole season that will count.

 

29 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't think so also Howarth rides at a home track with a massive home advantage i don't see him averaging 6.50 in the top five at any other track.Auty has been a number 1 at Prem level ok a inconsistent one Howarth has not Auty has reached 6 British Final's Howarth 5 so they are like for like.If they had twenty rides against each other at different tracks i know who my money would be on look i like Howarth and he has progressed by going to Wolves  but that track still has a huge home advantage.

And how was his championship average so much higher in 2017? I’m guessing because he was much better at away tracks as well.

if you break down his 2017 stats for Wolves his home average was 6.74 and away 6.72. Blows your 6.50 theory out the window a little eh Sid???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, but the wording of the point leaves a lot to be desired. 

British Speedway will only move forward when both leagues pull in the same direction. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Edited by Bagpuss
Double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

He has a very valid point though. 

Young riders, as shown in 2014, shouldn't be jumping straight into the top flight. It is at the Championship level there should be a minimum of British riders in a team to give them a position to progress too.

You could have a minimum of 2 British riders in the Premiership, 1 of which must be a reserve. You could then have 3 British riders in the Championship, 2 of which must be at reserve. The second highest averaged rider rides at 6 & may have 1 extra replacement ride. The lowest reserve rider rides at 7 & can take 2 extra rides. If r/r or IRR is in operation then the reserves can take 1 more ride. A good reserve should be there to assist the team rather than having the maximum 7 rides to win meetings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree, but the wording of the point leaves a lot to be desired. 

British Speedway will only move forward when both leagues pull in the same direction. 

Sorry Puss i bow down to your superior knowledge why did you double post.???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree, but the wording of the point leaves a lot to be desired. 

British Speedway will only move forward when both leagues pull in the same direction. 

Its only going to die a death whatever they do, its a casulty of the digital age ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Its only going to die a death whatever they do, its a casulty of the digital age ...

Is that the new excuse being given?

Once again speedway in it's own little bubble... meanwhile other sports take advantage of the 'digital age'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Is that the new excuse being given?

Once again speedway in it's own little bubble... meanwhile other sports take advantage of the 'digital age'.

Lots of outdoor sports are suffering, its not just speedway. Spectator and participant numbers are on the decline, its no excuse. With 70% of school age children spending less time outdoors than an incarcerated inmate, its quite clear that outdoor sports will suffer.                                                                                   Most sports realise that the weekend is the best time to operate, running mid week does UK Speedway no favours either ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Lots of outdoor sports are suffering, its not just speedway. Spectator and participant numbers are on the decline, its no excuse. With 70% of school age children spending less time outdoors than an incarcerated inmate, its quite clear that outdoor sports will suffer.                                                                                   Most sports realise that the weekend is the best time to operate, running mid week does UK Speedway no favours either ...

It's an excuse. 

The sport has been declining since the 80's, long before the 'digital age'. Over and over it has pointed at external factors being to blame.. and continues to do so.

External factors of course have an influence, but they aren't the primary reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sorry Puss i bow down to your superior knowledge why did you double post.???? 

Dodgy WiFi! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It's an excuse. 

The sport has been declining since the 80's, long before the 'digital age'. Over and over it has pointed at external factors being to blame.. and continues to do so.

External factors of course have an influence, but they aren't the primary reason. 

The digital age began in the late 80's, i know because i was importing the games and consoles. The truth is that most people find speedway very boring and that is not going to change, as fifteen minutes action out of two hours does not grab their 'digitally tuned' attention ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Dodgy WiFi! 

No problem you are right Bagpuss in most that say sorry anyway my fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did this post develop into Auty v Howarth  that was not my point,my point was why a RIDER OF AUTYS talent not being used  by a premiership team.And why are teams allowed to use foreign riders at res. In answer to why Auty has struggled  over the past two seasons ,he suffered a badly broken hand and mised a large part of the season.Then the following year he was knocked off his bike at the end of a race by that dirty little Aussie Tungate and broke the same bones in his hand.That is why he had two bad seasons this year he is back to his best so someone will benefit from signing him .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auty is nowhere near the level of Howarth.. I agree british riders should be getting rides in the top league but young talented riders should be not riders who have failed over and over again 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Auty is nowhere near the level of Howarth.. I agree british riders should be getting rides in the top league but young talented riders should be not riders who have failed over and over again 

You  are a broken record who knows!!!!!  .We all have opinions and for me if Howarth gets a chance  then so should Auty as well 

 If i remember

rightly Auty did   take Kyle from the back at the  Sheffield semi, and has had a pretty  and consistent year.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sidney the robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy