British Speedway Forum

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, StevePark said:

That's why (I believe) the Supporters Club has been re-launched.

Fair enough. But just seemed to be nothing else happening?

22 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Fair enough. But just seemed to be nothing else happening?

Like what?

I don't know why we should be raising money for the riders, I would have thought keeping the club afloat would be more useful (that's if the Supporters Club is there to raise money for riders, which, thinking about it, I don't think it is).

• Like 3

Guest Loose Diamond

Like what?

I don't know why we should be raising money for the riders, I would have thought keeping the club afloat would be more useful (that's if the Supporters Club is there to raise money for riders, which, thinking about it, I don't think it is).

Not the riders. My mistake.

Like what?

Do the promotion ever promote the speedway ie have a stand in say the town centre or metro centre with a rider:/bike maybe showing some racing on a tv screen.more people in the stadium would in turn create money for the club .no idea if this is done allready just a thought 

45 minutes ago, bigred said:

Do the promotion ever promote the speedway ie have a stand in say the town centre or metro centre with a rider:/bike maybe showing some racing on a tv screen.more people in the stadium would in turn create money for the club .no idea if this is done allready just a thought 

Many times.  Manor Walk Shopping Centre, Tynemouth RNLI event, various schools, Aykley Heads (Durham Police HQ) event,  and that's all in the last few months alone.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 3

On 7/26/2019 at 7:49 PM, mike7164 said:

I heard speculation today that the cercus has been cancelled is this correct as I have just checked on the link provided earlier in this thread and don't see any further updates?  

Circus is still on (3pm start).  There will be very limited parking at Brough Park for the visit of Somerset on Sunday (4th).

Supporters are asked to park in the Home Bargains (formerly B&Q) car park, or on the Fosseway.  Newcastle City Council have said that they're happy for us to park on the main road this week.

Edited by StevePark

Circus is still on (3pm start).  There will be very limited parking at Brough Park for the visit of Somerset on Sunday (4th).

Supporters are asked to park in the Homebase (formerly B&Q) car park, or on the Fosseway.  Newcastle City Council have said that they're happy for us to park on the main road this week.

Yes I have had it confirmed twice already now that its all systems go thanks.

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

Like what?

All money raised ( even tho there had been very little over the last couple of seasons ) as we had to dispand the supporters club due to other commitments.. we did ask for extra help and for someone to take it on but lack of volunteers meant it was closed down.. at the present moment we are trying to get things organized like putting events on & trying to get coach travel back but it's very hard as there is only a couple of us !! So if anybody is interested and has some ideas get InTouch Rachel robley at the tables at brough on race day cheers,,

Well done to the Gems - 2019 NJL Champions

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2019 at 3:58 PM, bigred said:

Of course we do. As Steve says above, we attend many events and shows with a top class stand, including a running TV with a meeting on to show people what it's all about. In addition we have usually 3 bikes on show, one a current riders league standard bike, the second bike a working Westlake from Alan Roberts and my show bike which also has a reaction machine for starts timing. It's good fun. We issue flyers to the public, and concession tickets to encourage new people to give the sport a try especially if they have young family they can bring. By issuing  special tickets we can monitor if they were used, and who uses them. We occasionally have riders with us. Ludde was always very accommodating and was good value for his appearance, often taking the mic and also being asked to make presentations to the organisers choices. We also visit schools if we are asked, and have also been at the Heaton Music Festiva as well as many local schools. We are currently trying to make a visit to the Metro Centre or the Eldon Square complex. We are always up for more suggestions and if you or anyone else needs to contact us, can you see either Dave Rowland or Steve Brock. If we can we will.   

NB.  if anybody is interested, we usually post a photo of our stand on Facebook as soon as it is erected. This is to tell everyone where we are on that day in case existing fans want to come down to see us or join us. Look for 'Newcastle Speedway' posts.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Of course we do. As Steve says above, we attend many events and shows with a top class stand, including a running TV with a meeting on to show people what it's all about. In addition we have usually 3 bikes on show, one a current riders league standard bike, the second bike a working Westlake from Alan Roberts and my show bike which also has a reaction machine for starts timing. It's good fun. We issue flyers to the public, and concession tickets to encourage new people to give the sport a try especially if they have young family they can bring. By issuing  special tickets we can monitor if they were used, and who uses them. We occasionally have riders with us. Ludde was always very accommodating and was good value for his appearance, often taking the mic and also being asked to make presentations to the organisers choices. We also visit schools if we are asked, and have also been at the Heaton Music Festiva as well as many local schools. We are currently trying to make a visit to the Metro Centre or the Eldon Square complex. We are always up for more suggestions and if you or anyone else needs to contact us, can you see either Dave Rowland or Steve Brock. If we can we will.   

A bet that's quite a bit of time and effort, I hope you do get a good/decent response :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

A bet that's quite a bit of time and effort, I you do get a good/decent response :t:

We wish for a better response of course, but we do get some new people to attend, and note if they continue to come. We view it as something we should do, taking speedway out to these occassions in the hope of spreading the news as to say. At the recent show at the Northumbria Police Bike Wise event at Arkley Heads, Durham we had a visit from Alan Butterfield's(60's rider who was at our wedding) son who came to have a chat, and catch up on Alan and Dot. He's looking forward to the 90th anniversary event, and was also at the 80th event.

• Like 1

Was the 80th meeting won by Rory Schlein with a 15 point max and the semi final and final a washout with a big monsoon of rain.Think I was impressed with Travis Mgowan and the outside leg trailing.Also was there not talk of kasparak and another rider but had to pull out beacause of polish meeting earlier in the week.

Thank God for max clegg !!!!

• Like 1

He is quality. We must have the only managers in league who when they have a rider of that ability and when 5 or 6 of your other riders are struggling for consistency don’t give him 7 rides! 

The other lads are struggling for consistency at the min unfortunately and a lot of pressure is on Worrall, Wethers and Clegg to win us meetings as Jorgensen and bjerre generally only score 5 to 7 points a match.

• Like 6