British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Poole fans missing the point but nothing new there.

Because Kings Lynn agreed to it (more fool them) doesnt make it right that the powers that be approved it.

Whats more farcical...................having a rider ride for both teams or to have an illegal rider? Both make a mockery of our once great sport.

And the three teams that top the table......Kings Lynn, Peterborough and Mildenhall .....all fail to win their leagues.

Poole won the league because they fielded the worst 1-7 for the first few months..............nice to be rewarded for failure.

Peterborough and Mildenhall were decimated by injuries, similar to Kings Lynn, Somerset and Belle Vue............Poole would have easily lost the semis to a full strength Somerset but you can only beat whats in front of you so Poole were lucky to face a 5 man team

KL didn't agree to it, they proposed it!! Surely even you can get your head around that one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Buttons said:

Why doesn't everyone leave the Poole fans to wallow in their own glory, they will always think it is all fair and above board whatever they do.

Why don't other posters stop biting at their comments and ignore them and just leave them to talk among themselves, they only do it to get a reaction on all sites not just their own

Bye then!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

And that's why the play offs are not my cup of tea, as a whole seasons hard work can be undone by injuries at the wrong time... 

Same for everybody thats Speedway. We lost Brady, and who knows what he may have scored. Take away the play off's and you will kill the league stone dead by mid August.

Anyway, Poole Pirates, Premiership Champions 2018. Sounds good doesnt it..:party:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

I wonder if the new Co-Promoter announcement might give a bit of a clue as to who the team's new 2019 Main Sponsor might be?!

52 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I wonder if the new Co-Promoter announcement might give a bit of a clue as to who the team's new 2019 Main Sponsor might be?!

Come on mate, thats a bit to much..

52 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So I was right to go through the sponsor list then! ;)

On 10/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, Starman2006 said:

Same for everybody thats Speedway. We lost Brady, and who knows what he may have scored. Take away the play off's and you will kill the league stone dead by mid August.

Anyway, Poole Pirates, Premiership Champions 2018. Sounds good doesnt it..:party:

The farcical 2018  'grand' final was probably the final nail in British speedways coffin . so, no it doesn't sound good ....

At the moment it sounds irrelevant , and thats no slant on the Pirates BTW 

• Like 2

Move along folks - its all been said. This is the 2019 thread!!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Move along folks - its all been said. This is the 2019 thread!!:rolleyes:

Hang on a min Skidder i was told they would be going on about it all winter :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

The farcical 2018  'grand' final was probably the final nail in British speedways coffin . so, no it doesn't sound good ....

At the moment it sounds irrelevant , and thats no slant on the Pirates BTW 

Why was it farcical , because you wasnt in it ? If your talking about the guest situation then you cannot lay the blame at said clubs promotions door, you lay it at the powers that be's door. Now this is the Poole 2019 thread so let us talk about that.

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hang on a min Skidder i was told they would be going on about it all winter :D

We will:wink:

• Haha 1

So with 2019 who would you like see retained in the Poole team for 2019? 1 defianate on a bargain 6.75 will surely be Brady Kurtz, should put a point on that average. 

23 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So with 2019 who would you like see retained in the Poole team for 2019? 1 defianate on a bargain 6.75 will surely be Brady Kurtz, should put a point on that average. 

If we were building to a 42.5 average again for 7 riders. 

1. P.Pawlicki=8.00 (yet to sign in sweden) 

2.Woryna= 6.30 

3.Milik= 5.67 (according to 2015 average with Lynn, (Yet to sign in Sweden) 

4. Klindt= 6.61 Captain. 

5.Kurtz= 6.75 

6.Jakobsen= 5.04 

7. Becker=4.00 

I would Like to see the limit at 45 or more. But 45 as minimum. Think it enables clubs to have big guns. 

Edited by poolebolton

16 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Got to be Kurtz I guess. Woryna was a bargain on 4.65.. I don't think he will be back on a 6.30 though. He's done his job.

Kurtz and Jack Holder if you can get him back . 14.14 between them

39 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Yes he can get back all the points he lost this season! :rolleyes: He didn't sound that interested by it in the final PC but we'll see I guess.