British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Already stated that Ljung is older. :rolleyes:

We aren’t ‘looking over his career’ we are looking at what he has to offer now. 

I think we can all agree that Sweden haven’t produced any World class riders since Freddie and Antonio, which I think was the point we were discussing.

I think Andreas Jonsson would likely disagree!!?

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think you will find AJ was around before Freddie and Antonio.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tim G said:

I think you will find AJ was around before Freddie and Antonio.

I think you are right - but he was still being 'world class' well after Freddie and Antonio hit the scene.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I think you are right - but he was still being 'world class' well after Freddie and Antonio hit the scene.

Yes but the discussion is which riders has Sweden  produced post Freddie and Antonio and not pre  Freddie and Antonio

• Like 1

Chrikey, we are scraping the barrel here. Mikael Max was a GP rider when Lindback & Lindgren started riding in the UK.

Lindgren & Lindback were both born in 1985 I think. Is there a Swedish rider born 86 or later who has had a better career than Jonasson? I don't believe so.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

We are talking of world class riders since Fred and Tonio. We all know PK, AJ, even Mikael Max were still considered class whilst those boys were around. THJ I don’t think has ever been classed as world class, if so it’s false labelling.

51 minutes ago, Col said:

Chrikey, we are scraping the barrel here. Mikael Max was a GP rider when Lindback & Lindgren started riding in the UK.

Lindgren & Lindback were both born in 1985 I think. Is there a Swedish rider born 86 or later who has had a better career than Jonasson? I don't believe so.

THJ has ridden several seasons now in reserve, I don’t even think he rides in Poland anymore.

Best of a bad bunch of the rest?? Maybe, maybe not. Berntzon has gone under the radar a lot, and wish he had come to Wolves when it looked possible 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Berntzon is holding down a 1st team place in Sweden and rides in Poland too. I don’t think there is much in it personally. THJ has never reached World stage status.

Poole have had many highly acclaimed next big things according to forum posters. Let's hope THJ is better than Karol Baran. It'll make the playoffs more interesting, else Swindon will win in second gear.

5 hours ago, The Weasel said:

All we need is a bit of the Poole supporting mentality, you know, when the 4k Play Off supporting 'Santas' turn up for their annual visit for the Home Leg of the PO Final.

Apart from 2017 PO semi final when they shot the final of One Man and His Dog at Wimborne Road.

50 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

We are talking of world class riders since Fred and Tonio. We all know PK, AJ, even Mikael Max were still considered class whilst those boys were around. THJ I don’t think has ever been classed as world class, if so it’s false labelling.

THJ has ridden several seasons now in reserve, I don’t even think he rides in Poland anymore.

Best of a bad bunch of the rest?? Maybe, maybe not. Berntzon has gone under the radar a lot, and wish he had come to Wolves when it looked possible 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Berntzon is holding down a 1st team place in Sweden and rides in Poland too. I don’t think there is much in it personally. THJ has never reached World stage status.

THJ in his peak performed a lot better than anything Berntzon or Nilsson etc has managed in Poland and Sweden.

even if you look at his GP results from 2015 - he may not of made a semi final but had plenty of 6 and 7’s which isnt too bad, and beat plenty of top riders along the way.

so what Col is saying is right - since Lindgren and Lindback , THJ is the best that Sweden have produced. 

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

THJ in his peak performed a lot better than anything Berntzon or Nilsson etc has managed in Poland and Sweden.

even if you look at his GP results from 2015 - he may not of made a semi final but had plenty of 6 and 7’s which isnt too bad, and beat plenty of top riders along the way.

so what Col is saying is right - since Lindgren and Lindback , THJ is the best that Sweden have produced. 

Be interesting to see his averages from the main leagues during this time. I don’t ever remember his scoring being that impressive but happy to stand corrected. 

Sweden are in a poor state if THJ is the best thing since then! 

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Be interesting to see his averages from the main leagues during this time. I don’t ever remember his scoring being that impressive but happy to stand corrected. 

Sweden are in a poor state if THJ is the best thing since then! 

Havent looked but he was a regular high scorer in the top leagues in Poland and Sweden . 

I see this as a heads you win tails you don't lose scenario

RR is too risky going into the play offs and whilst on the face of it THJ isn't an inspired signing he may well out do the negative predictions of many

Even if he disappoints again the loss against the alternative is minimal - worth the small gamble IMO

• Like 1

The point with THJ is that he may fail and only score 2 or 3 points a meeting or he could score 6 or 7  , is he worth the risk ? absolutely.

6 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

It won't be hard to outscore Wells so it's a good move imo.

No true Wells should be replaced too.