British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

berwick bandits 2019

45 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Long time since its been a tenner to get in

you might be 1 of them who gets in for nowt mmmmmmmm very nice

13 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

you might be 1 of them who gets in for nowt mmmmmmmm very nice

You just never know. Get on the case Detective Inspector Roundabout and see if you can solve the mystery. I reckon it was the janitor.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, topsoil said:

You just never know. Get on the case Detective Inspector Roundabout and see if you can solve the mystery. I reckon it was the janitor.

It was those pesky meddling free loaders.

12 hours ago, screm said:

It was those pesky meddling free loaders.

And they would have got away with it, if it wasn't for those kids :-)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, havenagotahope said:

You would have to say to all the free loaders do they support the club or are they there because it’s a freebie 

Or are they given freebies because they help the club out in other ways, thus saving the club money?

50 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Or are they given freebies because they help the club out in other ways, thus saving the club money?

Irrespective of how much you do for the club, whether it is sponsorship or in kind, with the exception of track staff.  The way to support the club is pay at the gate.  While the meeting is on nobody expect riders, mechanics, team managers, promoters ???? and track staff should be in the pits area.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Irrespective of how much you do for the club, whether it is sponsorship or in kind, with the exception of track staff.  The way to support the club is pay at the gate.  While the meeting is on nobody expect riders, mechanics, team managers, promoters ???? and track staff should be in the pits area.

The club's choice, nobody else's

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, topsoil said:

The individual has a choice, they can take advantage of the generosity of the club, or they can take a moral stand to support the club financially by paying through the gate.  Peter always offered me free entry, I always declined and paid my share at the gate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

The individual has a choice, they can take advantage of the generosity of the club, or they can take a moral stand to support the club financially by paying through the gate.  Peter always offered me free entry, I always declined and paid my share at the gate.

with the concession  starts at 64 people have been getting in at 60 on concession rate for years this must stop for the future of Berwick speedway  

On 12/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, topsoil said:

For those who volunteer, or those who provide a service that puts speedway on at Berwick, I have no trouble at all with them getting free or reduced entry. Its those who either used to provide a service, no longer do and think they have a right to free entry, or the wives and families of those who provide a service on a Saturday night there is a problem. True its the choice of the club but there are times when it seems the clubs generosity it being taken a lend of.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Good for you

29 minutes ago, screm said:

For those who volunteer, or those who provide a service that puts speedway on at Berwick, I have no trouble at all with them getting free or reduced entry. Its those who either used to provide a service, no longer do and think they have a right to free entry, or the wives and families of those who provide a service on a Saturday night there is a problem. True its the choice of the club but there are times when it seems the clubs generosity it being taken a lend of.

Have to agree with this.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Freebies should only be people who provide something or organise something for the club, or work on Raceday. At Newcastle we allow each genuine freeby a guest to also come in free. 

• Like 1

I have put a lot of my earned cash into Berwick each week at the gate but when u see people getting in for free each week this realy gets me up set well the only thing to do as from next season I will not be going to watch speedway at Berwick thank you