British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

6 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Carl Johnson just sounds like a kiss a** yes man now. Seems like Carl say's everything Buster want's to hear.  

Well you seem to have a lot of chat, maybe put yourself forward for the role. 

• Haha 3

It must be a difficult job working for a promotion that have ulterior motives..at least with Ged he cared about winning...which is kind of important in sport.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 12:18 AM, Bald Bloke said:

Buster is the ** if you want to break track records, but it's not the best for close racing. Some riders love it, but there's more who struggle with it.

It can't be the shale, because it was Skidder or FB I think that said it was the best meeting they had seen in years when Poole was in town. And from what I have read, there have been a few of them this season.

A bit of dirt is a good thing, but  if it's got a lot of clay content and soaked, it becomes super grippy, and it makes most riders cautious because there not used to it and the way the bike rea last weekcts....  Peterborough proves this. They have had a few great meetings, with the same shale as they have had crap ones. 

A bit less top surface,  and a bit less water …. Maybe?

Four loads of wet clay added before BV meeting. Nothing else. Normally it is two of clay to one of shale. That's why it was crap

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

You  really are a silly sod

You'll not be an Alan Partridge fan Rodders but he had the perfect retort for a similar loon: "No way you big spastic you're a mentalist!" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Thecatalyst said:

I'm not sticking up for buster, but maybe it was down to Carl who picked tonight's gueats

As it turned out badly I'd say that Buster will get the blame.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Nothing anyone could say or do would help out the current 1-7. Carl not to blame for the performances. He's just being forced to work with a woeful team that wouldn't put in a good team performance under any manager. Only thing I don't agree with regarding Carl is him sticking up for Buster. 

Surely he could walk.

• Like 1

To put things into perspective,even the multi trophy winning Peter Adams has a struggling side at Wolves this season.  Remember that Carl Johnson his still finding his way in the top league .With so few fixtures to play with ,if any team has a bad run of injuries ,they have no chance to catch up again.

8 hours ago, Lukas said:

Another embarrassing performance from the Also rans of the league. I see that Johnson had told the Speedway star that the "keyboard warriors" should back off Buster and point the blame at himself and sidekick Pratt for this shambolic season...

The promoters, collectively, love to hate the keyboard warriors. What they really hate is any critical feedback, which in any other business helps to shape the future operating policy.

What they forget is that before the rise of the keyboard there were many, many thousands ( 10x as many 50 years ago ) who went to the pub or talked about it at work and across the garden fences - in a critical way, that is what people do who passionately care about a sport. Now you have to be a sycophant to be a fan in UK speedway and adore the promoter as well as the riders you most enjoy on track.

• Like 1

The term keyboard warriors seems to me the only riposte promoters have when they can't or won't  give any credible reason for the shambles such has been served up recently. 

• Like 5

On 5/2/2019 at 10:50 AM, Crump99 said:

Seemed to be totally the opposite over the last two or 3 years (as a 2 poster newbie you probably never noticed) so you probably need to think about what's changed/happened and reflect on that. It's a fair point you make but there is a bit more to it than that isn't there?

2 posts  yes i have only just signed up  because i dont come on here moaning about the clubs or management just the miserable beggars who can only see negative Dont underestimate my knowledge of speedway ,and its working  50 years inside and outside the sport.Its on the slide for sure but is it any wonder there is NO money in it without TV and no TV without a league 

10 hours ago, Sportsman said:

To put things into perspective,even the multi trophy winning Peter Adams has a struggling side at Wolves this season.  Remember that Carl Johnson his still finding his way in the top league .With so few fixtures to play with ,if any team has a bad run of injuries ,they have no chance to catch up again.

Yes agree with you - BUT feel you should have added “especially when the owner ripped apart his anticipated side before the season even started”.   He was on a hiding to nothing from the off and we could all see it.  :cry:

• Like 2

Who released the team names before the take over? Who never signed a contract ? Why is Buster to blame ?

Whats your secret to remembering all your passwords are they totally different or do you use the same one over and over, or  maybe you use the usernames as passwords for your multiple log ins

Edited by scoobydoo

I have tried it, you can use the same password, even if you couldn't, Google asks you if you want it to remember your password, so you never have to remember any. Just type in a username and bobs your aunty.