British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

Cradley Heathens 2019

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect the rider who said he is quitting and off to Australia should have got the answer of enjoy the flight and the written off van on the M5, get another one from your insurance. Pandering to riders is a big reason why the many clubs are in trouble and that kind of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated in the NL. Far better to oust the riders at the time (X has left the club because he didn't show the level of commitment we required/expected to maintain his place) the sooner there is a return to it being a privilege to have a team place rather than a rite the sooner the sport can start t get up off its knees.

He van that were written off was the van that were supplied by cradley after “the rider” threatened to quit.so they had to replace that,not sure who’s insurance it were .the other rider caused a lot of damage to his rental van also..so not surprising the club were a little peed off.

Looks like the best day in a long time to hold this meeting . suns out and staying dry all day . will there be many there you think guys ? I reckon a couple of hundred brummies will be there .Should be a decent meeting .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Got to be worth a look, after all live speedway and may be last time we see an iconic Club racing, hope not but every year they (Heathens) seem less secure and less well supported.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Looks like the best day in a long time to hold this meeting . suns out and staying dry all day . will there be many there you think guys ? I reckon a couple of hundred brummies will be there .Should be a decent meeting .

Will BBC Birmingham cover the meeting tonight.?

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Will BBC Birmingham cover the meeting tonight.?

If it is on the radio it will be BBC radioWM . I have looked through the schedule and cannot see it anywhere . That said i dont think the speedway commentary ever is  .I  will keep a eye on there twitter feed and post if i see anything.

23 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If it is on the radio it will be BBC radioWM . I have looked through the schedule and cannot see it anywhere . That said i dont think the speedway commentary ever is  .I  will keep a eye on there twitter feed and post if i see anything.

The place to check is https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide

They're doing Wolves on Monday but not Perry Barr. Once the football season started BBC WM's coverage had to take a back seat. At the time they said they hoped to cover play-offs. 

Bear in mind the speedway coverage is online only and does not appear on the radio station at all, either on FM or DAB. We're lucky to get what we get and I think it's purely on the initiative of the presentation team who of course have to focus on what's going out on the main service, and not just football. Bear in mind they have five football clubs to cover. 

18 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

The place to check is https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide

They're doing Wolves on Monday but not Perry Barr. Once the football season started BBC WM's coverage had to take a back seat. At the time they said they hoped to cover play-offs. 

Bear in mind the speedway coverage is online only and does not appear on the radio station at all, either on FM or DAB. We're lucky to get what we get and I think it's purely on the initiative of the presentation team who of course have to focus on what's going out on the main service, and not just football. Bear in mind they have five football clubs to cover. 

May i add what fine coverage they do as well . Mike Taylor really knows his stuff.

I'm going to this meeting just to see the Thompson twins actually race.....I've seen them do a million demonstration laps at PB :D

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

May i add what fine coverage they do as well . Mike Taylor really knows his stuff.

Yes, Mike is clearly a genuine speedway fan and that makes all the difference with commentating. I did a few sports but it was always a relief to get back to my own sport. 

I do suspect that if Mike wasn't a fan we'd have lost this service when it slipped off DAB. 

On 9/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, Piccolo said:

Management disillusioned with online abuse from more than just one person. They wouldn't need that even if they were earning thousands and thousands per meeting. Are they making money this year? Who cares...

Plus if they were coining it in why did they only run four home matches in the Trophy last year and pulled out the league? Surely they'd want to earn more if they aren't interested in the club by staging as many meetings as possible? I don't get that bit.

Id like to know who are the other people who abuse the Management ...

On 8/24/2019 at 5:26 PM, adonis said:

Lets face it . it must be hard to keep your motivation with Robinson stirring trouble at everey opportunity  ,and a few idiots listening to his rantings and encouraging him , I would have given up years back or paid somebody to permanently silence him ,

Mr Adonis , you can come and try ,when you know nothing of the inner workings of our sport , if you knew how its so corrupt you'd understand 

my ranting but i wont waste my time trying to explain .

Very poor attendance for a play off game . crowd swelled by 100+ Brummies . Racing was non existent a very poor spectacle.  Even at a tenner offer very poor value for money . As i always say the gulf in riders  ability in this league is utterly ridiculous . 

• Like 1